So-Youn Park | Page 52 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

andyjo24

Medalist
Add her Swan SP too! It would practically be a masterpiece if she brought back that music, with improved skating skills! :party2:

Since she did a beautiful swan, this time I want to see her do a fast, fierce Black Swan with deep edges and speed!:biggrin:

andyjo24

Medalist
of course!!!!!!! But you know, if Yuna were to slay Black Orpheus, I bet only hatred will come along.....something like her "hammer toe" ruining the flow of the music :laugh:

Lmao. People are just jealous of Yuna's textbook lutz technique. There's no point fighting with these people because they're always going to be denying.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
of course!!!!!!! But you know, if Yuna were to slay Black Orpheus, I bet only hatred will come along.....something like her "hammer toe" ruining the flow of the music :laugh:

Shrieking "Crossovers!!! Orpheus is too fast!! " :ddevil:

:rofl:

andyjo24

Medalist
So Youn is 22nd on the updated ISU World Ranking list, so does that mean she gets 2 GPs next season!?

I know it may seem unlikely, but I'm still waiting for her to have the season of her (and my) dreams.

Last edited:

ahy

Final Flight
Yuna got her driving license finally?! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

leminent

Rinkside
There will be live broadcast of ATS on both SBS and Naver Sports(webpage)!

Soyoun's new Ex will be "Amazing Grace" by Hayley Westerna.

Plus, it seems like Soyoun is invited to Asian Stars on Ice- a renewal of Taiwanese Artistry on Ice.

clippers8200

On the Ice
Not sure...I think I noticed that as well but I won't hold my breath just yet haha. Hopefully more fan cams will give us a better picture!

I was surprised to see her do a loop in her EX! Her prep time on the jump has been cut down significantly.

leminent

Rinkside
ALL THAT SKATE 2016
DAY 1(04.06.2016)

https://youtu.be/EO_VL1wspAQ

Act1-Amazing Grace(PC only)

https://youtu.be/t6bK74fWGd4

Act 2-Cheer up with YY, ESL, SHA
(Oh holy.... is it blood running from my nose?)

https://youtu.be/LsnNcU4BAUk

Finale, Soyoun centered

I love her way of dancing. Soyoun is getting better in expression recently :)

This fan cam has better angles and quality compared to previous ones... Best one for me so far.

Last edited:

seabm7

Final Flight
So Youn is 22nd on the updated ISU World Ranking list, so does that mean she gets 2 GPs next season!?

I know it may seem unlikely, but I'm still waiting for her to have the season of her (and my) dreams.

That will give her 1 GP ticket, not 2.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Is it just me, or did So Youn's SS actually improve? Her edges seem deeper in her EX program!

yes this EX, indeed has way more one foot skating, and the blade work technique used is also more diversive than her previous EX program. My feeling is that they indeed worked on her SS, TR and blade work. but her SS etc. still needs work (could not handle this ex perfectly smooth yet), you may compare this piece to Yuna's only hope ex as far as SS concerned.
but choreo is a bit generic, and the costume is not flattering her body type as well. I would prefer a clean sleeve design. Soyoun is a bit chubby. and styling should be focus on elongating lines and optimize proportion visually.
I also wish for a cleaner shoulder and back design.

I also wish that when she does more difficult one foot skating combining upper body movement, she could use abit deeper edge. but it is not easy.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
yes this EX, indeed has way more one foot skating, and the blade work technique used is also more diversive than her previous EX program. My feeling is that they indeed worked on her SS, TR and blade work. but her SS etc. still needs work (could not handle this ex perfectly smooth yet), you may compare this piece to Yuna's only hope ex as far as SS concerned.
but choreo is a bit generic, and the costume is not flattering her body type as well. I would prefer a clean sleeve design. Soyoun is a bit chubby. and styling should be focus on elongating lines and optimize proportion visually.
I also wish for a cleaner shoulder and back design.

I also wish that when she does more difficult one foot skating combining upper body movement, she could use abit deeper edge. but it is not easy.
I agree with you on what you wrote about SS, TR and choreo of that ex, but I think that this dress is very pretty (I especially like the back) and looks very good on So-Youn. Are we so used to almost anorexic looking female skaters that we have to call a skater like So-Youn "chubby"?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I agree with you on what you wrote about SS, TR and choreo of that ex, but I think that this dress is very pretty (I especially like the back) and looks very good on So-Youn. Are we so used to almost anorexic looking female skaters that we have to call a skater like So-Youn "chubby"?

well I am just be realistic here. do NOT support anorexic looking skaters. let us be honest, in figure skating, people appreciate lines and what is the reality of aesthetics in main stream Figure skating. no need to starve, but could use better costuming. BTW, Chubby is a cute word and considered very attractive in Japan.
As for the back design, I think, they are going for the greek goddess look. I like the idea and it is appropriate for the theme of song. but could designed better. just my opinion.