So-Youn Park | Page 59 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

randomfan

Record Breaker
It's about time to revive this thread, why not? :biggrin:

First, yay for Dabin gaining 2 spots for Korea! So Youn's chances at the home Olympics just got a lot more brighter!

A couple of questions to discuss (feel free to add more):
1. Are there any updates about her condition? I checked her instagram and there isn't much yet. Does anyone know how she is doing right now?
2. Satoko Miyahara also had a short season and I see people saying she should keep her FS. Should So Youn do the same for her two programs? Or should she just go with new ones?

breadstal

Record Breaker

First, yay for Dabin gaining 2 spots for Korea! So Youn's chances at the home Olympics just got a lot more brighter!

1. Are there any updates about her condition? I checked her instagram and there isn't much yet. Does anyone know how she is doing right now?
2. Satoko Miyahara also had a short season and I see people saying she should keep her FS. Should So Youn do the same for her two programs? Or should she just go with new ones?

1. Haven't seen anything about her condition :hopelessness:
2. If she's really confident about them then yes but if she doesn't like them that much she should get new ones.

sallycinnamon

Medalist

Good idea. :)
I also think that So Youn could make a strong comeback and get to the Korean Team if she's healthy and can prepare well for next season. With two Korean spots it will be a lot easier.

I don't know much about her current situation, I also get my infos from her instagram. Hopefully everything is alright and she can start preparing for next season in time.

I really like her Aranjuez FS, it's a strong program, so I think it would not be a bad idea if she kept is ( actually I prefer her FS to her SP). At the same time, I'd really like to see a free skate with Korean traditional music. I am sure there will be a couple of ones next season, but it is not easy to perform such kind of music. I think So Youn's mature style would suit it and she could perform it well.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Hope she keeps the short. It's such a confidence booster of a program for her.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

clippers8200

On the Ice
I also hope she keeps her short program - it fits her well, serves as a confidence booster, and her scores started to reflect that right before her injury. I look forward to what they could be in an olympic year with that program (especially if she can add in a lutz or flip to replace one of the edge jumps).

For FS I'm not sure - she certainly has the balletic style that could support a traditional Korean program. I think it could play well for her, but I also like her FS from the past year.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I also hope she keeps her short program - it fits her well, serves as a confidence booster, and her scores started to reflect that right before her injury. I look forward to what they could be in an olympic year with that program (especially if she can add in a lutz or flip to replace one of the edge jumps).

high five for having similar thoughts on the SP! She just oozes maturity and charisma in that program :luv17:

For FS I'm not sure - she certainly has the balletic style that could support a traditional Korean program. I think it could play well for her, but I also like her FS from the past year.

I would love for her to do a Korean program. Or something light and fluffy. Maybe be a ballet program, perhaps?

randomfan

Record Breaker
How about bringing back the swan? :love: That was my favourite program of hers. Or maybe even Notte Stellata (Yuzuru Hanyu's EX this season) would be amazing :yay:.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
How about bringing back the swan? :love: That was my favourite program of hers. Or maybe even Notte Stellata (Yuzuru Hanyu's EX this season) would be amazing :yay:.

The Swan was a gorgeous SP. I think such a light and soft program would work together well with a very different, energetic, charismatic long program.

dhjh811

On the Ice
I want her to skate to something delicate and lyrical. After watching her more bold programs, I don't think it suits her as much as soft, light programs do.

leminent

Rinkside

According to unofficial gossips on Korean forum, Soyoun is actually back on ice. She is working on her choreography for next season with Cindy Stewart... not sure whether it's SP or FS.

Soyoun said through her insta-live thing last time, that her fracture problem is now okay. But there was (also from Korean web) rumor abt a month ago that she was suffering ligament problem. I hope Soyoun is fine by now.. :(

Another rumor:
Soyoun is not participating ATS. Not sure by now, but high possibility.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Last season So Youn had to share her two GP events with 3 other skaters, which was unlucky...

BUT THIS SEASON SHE'S SHARING HER TWO GP EVENTS WITH 4 OTHER SKATERS...:curse::cry::hopelessness::slink:

(I know I already complained about this in the GP thread, but it just makes me so mad...)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, I'm happy she has 2 assignments. She wasn't guranteed that, especially since she didn't compete in neither 4CC nor Worlds. Now I wish her to be all healthy!

gourry

Final Flight
So Youn Park 2017-2018 season programs
SP : Black Swan
FS : Aranjuez Mon Amour

Oh.... I liked her Golden Arm SP much more than FP last season so I can't say I'm all excited with this. But her Swan a couple of seasons back was excellent so I'm curious about her Black Swan. :)
By the way, is she injury free now? Do we know how she is doing?

leminent

Rinkside
Oh.... I liked her Golden Arm SP much more than FP last season so I can't say I'm all excited with this. But her Swan a couple of seasons back was excellent so I'm curious about her Black Swan. :)
By the way, is she injury free now? Do we know how she is doing?

She will be participating Olympic qualifying competition(1st among three) on this Saturday. The first official practice is on Thursday morning, so we will be known then...

dhjh811

On the Ice
Because of her injury, she is now having difficulty with the lutz and salchow.
So she needs the flip and loop.