Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: So Youn Park

Custom Title
    Juliet in Black... will have to wait to watch the whole program.

Custom Title
    Great costume! Her jumps are looking good too.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I have just made a marathon (rewatch) all the ladies free skate at Saitama. And I smile so big when I watch So Youn's free skate again: http://youtu.be/Kxbq17iSwjk
    She looks really happy to be on ice. Aww!! I hope she will have a good season!

For everyone who missed it:
    So Youns new SP (intoduction and Rondo Capriccioso) and FS (Romeo and Juliet) from Asian Trophy.

Four days ago I found a korean news clip about her and Hae Jins trainig for their GP events. Does someone know what they were asked about in that interview? Cute bonus: At the end, Hae Jin is teaching So Youn how to do a R&J ending pose And it almost looks better...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
    For everyone who missed it:
    So Youns new SP (intoduction and Rondo Capriccioso) and FS (Romeo and Juliet) from Asian Trophy.

Four days ago I found a korean news clip about her and Hae Jins trainig for their GP events. Does someone know what they were asked about in that interview? Cute bonus: At the end, Hae Jin is teaching So Youn how to do a R&J ending pose And it almost looks better...
    I love her Lp's dress so much. After rewatching her new FS, I think she need more speed and polish but in no way I would give her just 47 PCS. she did not have a fall in the LP so why??? I really wish to see her competing this program to full its potential at senior A to see how they score her. Gotta be higher than 55.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I love her Lp's dress so much. After rewatching her new FS, I think she need more speed and polish but in no way I would give her just 47 PCS. she did not have a fall in the LP so why??? I really wish to see her competing this program to full its potential at senior A to see how they score her. Gotta be higher than 55.
    I agree. The PCS are very troubling. I heard this has to do with the fact that she does not have a "name" yet, i.e. if it were someone like Gold or Liptnitskaya skating exactly like that, they'd have a higher score just due to reputation. I have a feeling there's some truth in that, and it's really sad. :(

On a lighter note, is anyone else completely transfixed by the ballet So Youn manages to show off??? I actually hadn't seen such balletic movements in any other program yet this season: http://youtu.be/zsyDBm0Pq30?t=1m33s (intentionally at 1:33s).

Not studying at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    I agree. The PCS are very troubling. I heard this has to do with the fact that she does not have a "name" yet, i.e. if it were someone like Gold or Liptnitskaya skating exactly like that, they'd have a higher score just due to reputation. I have a feeling there's some truth in that, and it's really sad. :(

On a lighter note, is anyone else completely transfixed by the ballet So Youn manages to show off??? I actually hadn't seen such balletic movements in any other program yet this season: http://youtu.be/zsyDBm0Pq30?t=1m33s (intentionally at 1:33s).
    Right now, all I wish for her is to enjoy her time in her GP events and rock it. Not expecting high PCS scores right away but I want her to think about being consistent first and calming her nerves down.

And for her balletic style, you gotta give major props to her mom! I believe her mom was a dance instructor (ballet maybe?) and she definitely a major key to her lovely arm movements (port de bras) and body posture (no shoulder-y neck moves).

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    Right now, all I wish for her is to enjoy her time in her GP events and rock it. Not expecting high PCS scores right away but I want her to think about being consistent first and calming her nerves down.
    And for her balletic style, you gotta give major props to her mom! I believe her mom was a dance instructor (ballet maybe?) and she definitely a major key to her lovely arm movements (port de bras) and body posture (no shoulder-y neck moves).
    ITA, this year is for her to buid reputation, it's not easy going against the Russian girls. But I hope she will pull through.
    About her arms, I would love to send her mom lots of kudos. Her am movements are so natural and lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    ITA, this year is for her to buid reputation, it's not easy going against the Russian girls. But I hope she will pull through.
    About her arms, I would love to send her mom lots of kudos. Her am movements are so natural and lovely.
    Yes... She needs to have nerves of steel like Yu-Na to go against them, and also work on her spins to have them consistently a high level 3, at least (what does she currently get?). I really am hoping that she can do it. After all, she might have a good mentor on her side, right?

Also, I really like her costumes this season. Her costume choices in general are very fortunate, just look at this white swan. I love how both this season's and last season's LP's take a ballet number.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    Yes... She needs to have nerves of steel like Yu-Na to go against them, and also work on her spins to have them consistently a high level 3, at least (what does she currently get?). I really am hoping that she can do it. After all, she might have a good mentor on her side, right?
    Also, I really like her costumes this season. Her costume choices in general are very fortunate, just look at this white swan. I love how both this season's and last season's LP's take a ballet number.
    If I read protocols correcly then at WC 2014, she got a level 2 spin, but her final spin was level 4. Once her spins hit the consistency, her scores will rise for sure.

Not studying at the moment
    A bit of a news update about Soyoun's training.

Summary from Yuna's fan forum:
    Apparently, Yuna has been doingweekly skating sessions with the young ones to prepare them for competitions. Here, Soyoun talks about Yuna's help on presentation such that she actually changed one of her moves to be more expressive. The rest just talks about Yuna's move on attending the coaching seminars and Soyoun being part of SkAm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEiVn458aww

Custom Title
    Her jumps are great (very Yuna-like)! Speed-check, height-check, air position/axis-check, distance-check, landing-check, flow-check.

All skaters should be hustling over to S.Korea because those Korean coaches know how to teach correct jumping techniques.

Team SKorea is usually on point with their costumes and SoYoun is no exception, lovely!

I wish there was some way to really boost her PCS since I think she has the whole package, a little nervous but I really like the extension she has in all of her positions in spins

Btw, does anyone have a really nice picture of her short program dress? It's so lovely!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast