2014 Worlds Gala | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Gala

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thanks HanDomi. I'm so happy to see Akiko one last time, hopefully doing Love Dance.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Is there any livestream to watch it? one that isn't the official ISU channel

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Just a question, maybe a little bit stupid..I was used to see at the EX the first 5 places in each event. Not that I miss him, but where is Kovtun?

edit: and Gracie

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why Kovtun and Gold aren't there? Very happy for Verner though! :)

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Why is Wagner skating but not Gold ?.
Also, why are Castelli/Shnapir skating when they came 11th ?.
Am I reading the wrong list ? !

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Curious as to why the Shibs are after P/B. And where's Gracie - I expected if Ashley skated in the gala then Gracie would too?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It looks like they placed the top 3 in each discipline and the rest was organizer choice. Let's consider that Kim Lucine, who didn't make the FS, is in the gala as well. Seems he's really popular with his Super Mario Bros. programs!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'd rather see them than Kim Lucine doing his horrendous Mario routine once more (I mean how many years has he been doing this now?)....we get it Mario=Japan, but I think it is a waste of time. I'd rather see skaters who deserve to be there because of their result. Also looking forward to Tatsuki and Don't stop me now!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Can anyone explain to me the reason why some skaters who didn't make it to the FS got invited here? I am confused. Japanese people have weird taste! But what is the reason? Why some of the top 5 are not invited? They rejected the invitation or something?

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Can anyone explain to me the reason why some skaters who didn't make it to the FS got invited here? I am confused. Japanese people have weird taste! But what is the reason? Why some of the top 5 are not invited? They rejected the invitation or something?

I have the same problem...Kovtun finished 4th and Gracie 5th:think: Also, I understand that Verner is retiring, but what about Kozuka? He was 6th and he's at home.
If they invited some skaters almost without looking at the final results, it would have been nice to invite Nam.

jaylee

Medalist
Happy that Jeremy Abbott will be there! Ashley Wagner too, her FS was one of the highlights.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Any chances Daisuke and Oda will be there?

Don't make me cry. I desperately try to pretend that Daisuke hasn't left a big, big black hole and failed. I think Oda is gone for good and Daisuke hasn't been on the ice for a while now. I think it would be too hard on him to not participate in the WC and then expect him to skate in the gala.

flutzy13

On the Ice
Why is Wagner skating but not Gold ?.
Also, why are Castelli/Shnapir skating when they came 11th ?.
Am I reading the wrong list ? !

It seems to be top 3-4 plus Japanese fan favorites. C/S have competed at nhk for 3 years straight, won their 4CC bronze in Japan and competed in WTT in Japan. They always say how much they love skating there and the Japanese audience seem to love them. They have a fabulous show program. I'm pleased but not surprised to see them on this list. Glad they will end worlds on a nice note.

Wagner has a somewhat similar history with the Japamese audience with a lot of NHK appearances. Their reaction to her free skate is why she's in the gala.

That said, im sure team Gracie is not pleased.

BusyMom

Medalist
Don't make me cry. I desperately try to pretend that Daisuke hasn't left a big, big black hole and failed. I think Oda is gone for good and Daisuke hasn't been on the ice for a while now. I think it would be too hard on him to not participate in the WC and then expect him to skate in the gala.
Since Dai hasn't got the proper chance to say Good-Bye to his fans, he deserves one special moment (like Oda got his during the national). Now, you make me cry. :cry: