2014 Worlds Gala | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Gala

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Did you see Daisuke's costumes when he was younger? some of the most unfortunate designs ever. It's a phase. I hope.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://youtu.be/BkppL5Q1AXs

On Yulia's official VK community page there are like 20 pictures of Yulia Mao and Caro absolutely cracking up, posing, and having a blast while taking pictures backstage. I really think they all like each other, Caro is Yulia's Idol and I think since Sochi Mao and Yulia have gained a lot more respect for each other. One picture has all three while victory lapping the ice ,with their flags, right after podium posing. They stopped for a photo op and Mao maked a funny face on purpose. It looks like they had fun with it.

ilze

Spectator
thank you!
Mao said: Yulia? Oh sure she is still very young. She has a great future. I'm very glad for her.

BusyMom

Medalist
Did you see Daisuke's costumes when he was younger? some of the most unfortunate designs ever. It's a phase. I hope.
Back then Dai's family was struggle financially. His mother needed to reuse his sister gymnastic dresses to save money. It wasn't a phase at all.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Back then Dai's family was struggle financially. His mother needed to reuse his sister gymnastic dresses to save money. It wasn't a phase at all.
:slink: So sorry to hear that, Dai have been through a lot.:cry: Anyways I think every skater at least has a phase of weird fashion. Plushenko looked really @_@ when he first debuted at world in his first time. Yagudin also had that phase.:slink:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yep, I knew about the brothers and thought he was the youngest, that's why I was so surprised about the sister. It is amazing that he stayed with this sport because it is expensive out there and with so many siblings his parents probably had it hard as it is.

BusyMom

Medalist
Yep, I knew about the brothers and thought he was the youngest, that's why I was so surprised about the sister. It is amazing that he stayed with this sport because it is expensive out there and with so many siblings his parents probably had it hard as it is.
I couldn't find this youtube video which shown the whole story. It is amazing how his mom fighting for him. He even got the whole town support his skating. The link is in Japanese though, need sometimes to retrieve that one. I'll let you know..

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks Doris. :) I could not do another all nighter (ice dance) still recovering from lack of sleep. LOL