Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Worlds Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Can anyone explain to me the reason why some skaters who didn't make it to the FS got invited here? I am confused. Japanese people have weird taste! But what is the reason? Why some of the top 5 are not invited? They rejected the invitation or something?
    I have the same problem...Kovtun finished 4th and Gracie 5th Also, I understand that Verner is retiring, but what about Kozuka? He was 6th and he's at home.
    If they invited some skaters almost without looking at the final results, it would have been nice to invite Nam.

Custom Title
    Happy that Jeremy Abbott will be there! Ashley Wagner too, her FS was one of the highlights.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Any chances Daisuke and Oda will be there?
    Don't make me cry. I desperately try to pretend that Daisuke hasn't left a big, big black hole and failed. I think Oda is gone for good and Daisuke hasn't been on the ice for a while now. I think it would be too hard on him to not participate in the WC and then expect him to skate in the gala.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    Why is Wagner skating but not Gold ?.
    Also, why are Castelli/Shnapir skating when they came 11th ?.
    Am I reading the wrong list ? !
    It seems to be top 3-4 plus Japanese fan favorites. C/S have competed at nhk for 3 years straight, won their 4CC bronze in Japan and competed in WTT in Japan. They always say how much they love skating there and the Japanese audience seem to love them. They have a fabulous show program. I'm pleased but not surprised to see them on this list. Glad they will end worlds on a nice note.

Wagner has a somewhat similar history with the Japamese audience with a lot of NHK appearances. Their reaction to her free skate is why she's in the gala.

That said, im sure team Gracie is not pleased.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Don't make me cry. I desperately try to pretend that Daisuke hasn't left a big, big black hole and failed. I think Oda is gone for good and Daisuke hasn't been on the ice for a while now. I think it would be too hard on him to not participate in the WC and then expect him to skate in the gala.
    Since Dai hasn't got the proper chance to say Good-Bye to his fans, he deserves one special moment (like Oda got his during the national). Now, you make me cry.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    It seems to be top 3-4 plus Japanese fan favorites. C/S have competed at nhk for 3 years straight, won their 4CC bronze in Japan and competed in WTT in Japan. They always say how much they love skating there and the Japanese audience seem to love them. They have a fabulous show program. I'm pleased but not surprised to see them on this list. Glad they will end worlds on a nice note.

Wagner has a somewhat similar history with the Japamese audience with a lot of NHK appearances. Their reaction to her free skate is why she's in the gala.

That said, im sure team Gracie is not pleased.
    C/S's gala is pretty awesome! It's one of the more memorable ones. As is Ashley's "Sumertime Sadness" program.

Custom Title
    I do think this is very unfair to invite someone not making the FS and let someone outside who was in 4 and 5 place.

For sure Kvotun and Gold are more promising and interesting to watch than Kim Lucine?

On the Ice
    Wow. That is a very random Gala list...

Very surprised they invited Elladj Balde & not Kevin Reynolds..

I know Kevin has a huge Japanese following, some of them even travelled all the way from Japan to watch Canadian Nationals just to see his programs for the first time this season!!

Also can someone tell me what time EST the gala would start? Thanks.

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I still don't get the gala list! I can't! What the hell js going on? Not inviting some of the ones in top 5, yet invite the ones who didn't make it to FS? What the hell? I hope it turns out that some skaters have plans and intend to leave Japan early. If that is the reason I can get it. The hell...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I still don't get the gala list! I can't! What the hell js going on? Not inviting some of the ones in top 5, yet invite the ones who didn't make it to FS? What the hell? I hope it turns out that some skaters have plans and intend to leave Japan early. If that is the reason I can get it. The hell...
    Maybe they simple refused to take part in gala and they invited others ho wanted or something like that

Not studying at the moment
    I'm surprised that Yuzuru is skating in the gala. Isn't he injured though? After the LP, he looked like he was experiencing back (or hip) pains.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Sometimes a skater is injured or ill, and does not do the gala, for sure.

Can anyone tell me what time this begins in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what time this begins in Japan?
    wfc2014.jp/english/competition/

Based on the site, 15:00

Can't wait to see Team Japan exhibitions. I just hope Yuzuru isn't performing hurt

Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    wfc2014.jp/english/competition/

Based on the site, 15:00

Can't wait to see Team Japan exhibitions. I just hope Yuzuru isn't performing hurt
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast