End-of-season Wrap up | Page 2 | Golden Skate

End-of-season Wrap up

lbc2138

On the Ice
In no particular order, though this probably encompasses what's already been said on this thread so far.

Happy about:
- Yuna's SP and EX at Sochi, it was magical. She is the golden standard.
- Mao's FP at Sochi redemption and SP at Worlds, even more redemption
- Carolina's lovely SP and FP at Sochi
- Machida's SP at Worlds, truly inspiring and jaw-dropping.
- Yuzuru pulling off the ultimate hatrick in one season, he fought every bit of the way, a champion and history in the making. His fight at Worlds proved that he deserved to be Olympic and World Champion. Nerves of steel.

Sad about:
- Akiko's retirement
- Mao's possible retirement (she's still keeping us in suspense)
- Jeremy's SP during Sochi and Worlds (poor thing), and retirement
- Kanako's and Zijun's seeming stagnation

Hopes for next season:
- Yuzu consistently landing that damn quad salchow, maybe even a third quad?
- Mao comes back for another season :D
- Han Yan comes back with awesome and strategic programs
- Javi stops breaking under pressure and proves as a worthy rival to Yuzu
- Patrick Chan possibly coming back for nationals
- Maia and Alex somehow get their PCS up since they already have pretty good technical scores

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
I have several, but will limit it to the top four:

Everything Jason Brown. The fun, the exuberance, the way he engages the audience are all stellar. I can't wait to see where he goes, I just LOVE him.

Rooting for the U.S. women's hockey team because watching Megan Bozek grow up, and play better hockey than her brothers, has always amazed me and my family as well as everyone who knows them.

Davis and White. So proud of the way they skated, loved their response when their marks came in, with Meryl bent over into Charlie saying "Oh my God, oh my God, oh...my....GOD" and Charlie standing after they waved again and saying to Marina, "I can't believe it." (Mom and I used to play "read their lips" when I was growing up....lol.)

I felt such "North American" pride for the run that both V/M and D/W had, that I figured would be coming to an end. It's been wonderful to watch them over the years and seeing them skate at Sochi was bittersweet.

And last, but not least, the video of Scott waiting until the building was empty, going out on the ice and kissing the Olympic ring for probably the last time. Man, that just got me.

ETA: I will never forget the good nature the Russians exhibited when mocking the opening ceremony during the close and mocking the snowflake that didn't open up to an Olympic ring. Well done!