Congratulations Weaver and Poje | Golden Skate

Congratulations Weaver and Poje

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It looks like Kaitlyn and Andrew are on their way to becoming "household" names in ice dance. What a wonderful job they did at the Worlds winning the Silver medal in their first climb on to the podium. It was also very nice the way Kaitlyn thanked Scott and Tessa for their years of hard work at laying the ground work in Canadian ice dance and inspiring them to work at improving in order to reach their goals. I also enjoyed seeing Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier and Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam
do well. Canada is in great shape in the ice dance discipline!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It is exciting we have 3 such strong teams still even after the departure of Virtue & Moir. We could even have 3 medal contenders for the 2018 Games.

kresslia

Medalist
It's heartwarming to me because for so long they've been an afterthought. It's always been "V/M vs. D/W! WHO'S GONNA WIN! Oh yeah btw we also have W/P. They're pretty good. V/M V/M V/M V/M!" Not that V/M don't deserve the attention, god no--they certainly do, but it had to be a bit aggravating to be an afterthought for your own country despite having good results.

I also think G/P can be medal contenders in the next couple years. Quite impressed with P/I, too, I don't think their top 10 finish will prove to be a fluke. I see a lot of potential with them.

Manitou

Medalist
They have been my faves since 2010 and now I am really proud of their medal. I hope they will stay on the podium for a while...

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
w/p are a class act for sure - i can't imagine it was easy skating in v/m's shadow for seven years (and in andrew's case, even longer than that) but they've been nothing but gracious if not disgustingly overly complimentary to them. i love patrice and his sexy face.... but dubreuil/lauzon whining about bourne/kraatz not moving on and letting other teams have their moment was not a good look

noskates

Record Breaker
I thought they should have won. Their program was ever so much more entertaining and intricate. I think they are going to step into the void left by Virtue and Moir quite comfortably. They have a certain elegance on the ice. I honestly think they were robbed at Worlds.