Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team China is preparing for the new season in Canada

Custom Title

Team China is preparing for the new season in Canada

Team China arrived in Toronto two weeks ago, and are working with Lori and David Wilson for their new programs, inclduing

Ladies: Li Zijun
    Men: Yan Han, Song Nan
    Pairs: Pang/Zhang, Sui/Han, Yu/Jin, Wang/Wang

I hope Lori doesn't give another one of Mirai's recycled programs to Zijun again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I hope Lori doesn't give another one of Mirai's recycled programs to Zijun again.
    lol,,,, fingers crossed

Maybe will choose some chinese related music? cause the WC will be in shanghai!

Exactly Both her programs this year were a disaster

Custom Title
    I'm glad Nan Song also get benefit from this. Thanks Han Yan for his result from World2014. Really love his FS this year. Too bad they don't give the Junior teams also the same opportunity. Boyang Jin could flair well with any help he can get.

Ice is slippery.
    Ugh, I'm so happy to see Nan Song here I hope he gets himself together for next season. I want to see him on the GP podium and hopefully a top 10 on the world stage. Yan had a great year, lets hope he can keep up the momentum because I want to see the Chinese making a big splash this coming quad And I'm always happy to see P/Z~

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    What's the situation between Li Zijun and her coach? It looked like they had problems.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Agreed.

Zijun has the talented to really put herself in the mix for this next quad, but both of her programs from this season were disappointing. That SP was horrible. Zijun's style is way too light and delicate to convincingly pull off that music. As a matter of fact, Lori's program for Mirai to that music wasn't good either. She should stop using it altogether.

Zijun's area is clearly classical/light pieces but she (Lori) should give her contemporary classical music, so as to avoid giving her nothing but overused warhorse music. It's soft enough to compliment her style but varied enough that it won't look like she's skating to the same thing, which is what happened with her FS last season.

Also, I'd like to see Lori rearrange Zijun's elements. All of the jumps and spins have been set up the exact same for at least the last 3 seasons, all the way back to her junior days. Variety...please, mix something up.

She's a lovely skater with all the goods but she has to bring more energy and life into her performances or she'll never break into the top tiers. I think that all starts with two good programs...so get to work Lori!!

Custom Title
    Agreed. Li can do many of her elements out of nothingness (like her 2A+3T), so it'd be nice to choreographically challenge her. After a disappointing last season, she really needs to step up her game.

Custom Title
    I love her Ophelia program. Her training situation is a bit in the shade though. Hope they'll resolve that soon. Better keep her in Canada for the next 4 years.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    I love her Ophelia program. Her training situation is a bit in the shade though. Hope they'll resolve that soon. Better keep her in Canada for the next 4 years.
    That'd be good. Does Orser have any big names in the ladies right now?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I think Orser would be fantastic for her... well, fantastic for any skater, really, but I think she has pretty good technique and just needs to develop more maturity and speed (I feel he could do with her what he did with Nam).

Ice is slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I think Orser would be fantastic for her... well, fantastic for any skater, really, but I think she has pretty good technique and just needs to develop more maturity and speed (I feel he could do with her what he did with Nam).
    Well I don't know about that. I mean, look at Christina Gao I'm still holding onto hope for that girl tbh

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    No, he actually doesn't, but I think that Hanyu, Fernandez and Nam are already a big deal to concentrate on, and Zijun would have to move to Canada permanently, and I don't know if she would like to do it and if the federation would pay for that (remember that it is JSF who's paying for Hanyu's training in Canada)...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by makaihime View Post
    Well I don't know about that. I mean, look at Christina Gao I'm still holding onto hope for that girl tbh
    I think she was great under Orser. But she left Canada 2 years ago to concentrate on her getting in good college. Her priority shifted. It is not easy balancing Harvard and skating career. If she decide to continue, she still has a promising chance.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast