Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Skaters Retiring in the US?

#TeamAUS
    Its been nearly two months since worlds so it would be cool if we can get an official retiring/split list going because this post season has been a mess!

Ice is slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Its been nearly two months since worlds so it would be cool if we can get an official retiring/split list going because this post season has been a mess!
    I don't even know what's what and who's with who anymore at this point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by makaihime View Post
    I don't even know what's what and who's with who anymore at this point.
    It's worse than high school, isn't it?

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It's worse than high school, isn't it?
    You got that right!!

#TeamAUS
    Well we know that Marissa and Simon have split, who else?

Custom Title
    Well we know that Marissa and Simon have split, who else?
    Here is my best attempt at a US pairs inventory

Confirmed returning
    ]Zhang/Bartholomay
    Scimeca/Knierim (rumored to be working with Marcotte on choreography)
    Denney/Frazier (announced music, choreo by Renee Roca)
    Kayne/O'Shea
    Calalang/Sidhu
    Shaughnessy/Morgan
    Aaron/Settlage- Jr Champs moving up

Confirmed split-
    Castelli/Shnapir via USFS press release **both expressed intent to look for new partners

Assumed to split based on removal from International Selection Pool List
    Leng/Leduc (heavily rumored to have tried out with Castelli and Shnapir respectively)
    Dolan/Speroff (rumored she wants to continue)
    Davis/Brubaker (Rockne has taking a job as director of IL rink; Lindsay's plans unclear although after two one season partnerships with formerly successful guys, maybe she's calling it a day)
    Pfund/Reiss
    Liu/Perini- Jr silver medalists; she has a new Junior partner as he was aging out

Denney and Coughlin are still listed in the International Selection Pool (as are Castelli & Shnapir at this point). But they haven't made any statements decisively. TSL indicated she was looking for a new partner about a month ago. Its crazy to think that she's younger than Castelli & Scimeca and the same age as Kayne & Zhang because we've had her on the scene for so long now. She really could go several more years in pairs.

I believe the federations have to turn over lists of potential GP skaters to the ISU by 6/3 for selections by 6/27 so I expect we'll hear about the new partners of C/S and the future of D/C very soon

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Here is my best attempt at a US pairs inventory

Confirmed returning
    ... Aaron/Settlage- Jr Champs moving up
    Just noticed that Aaron/Settlage are #32 on the World Standings list ... and by my count, at least seven pairs above them b have split or retired.

I think Douglas Razzano is done as well. He was extremely emotional at nationals this year.
    Per Razzano's new blog entry today, he will continue to compete in the coming season.
    Looking ahead, I have committed to skating this season and am currently in the overwhelming process of trying to select music for new programs.

His comments on his FS at Nationals this year:
    Being in seventh after the short, I knew an Olympic spot was pretty much out of the question. Therefore, I could go out and skate in the freeskate, not trying to get anything, not trying to defend anything, but freely and I did just that. Never in my life have I had moment like I had then. To see so many people on their feet after my program was indescribable. The feeling that I had after I skated was something that I can't find anywhere else in life. It was overwhelming, it was emotional, it was truly amazing.

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/d....html#06022014

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Any news on Marissa? I like her so much, I would love for her a great partner.

Tripping on the Podium
    Seems like all the ladies staying? Caroline Zhang is also coaching I heard!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Any news on Marissa? I like her so much, I would love for her a great partner.
    Ugh I'm getting concerned that there's been no announcement or even rumors since the LeDuc thing weeks ago. She's so talented and I would hate it if she split from Simon without a plan and ends up not finding a partner.

I heard Jeremy is going to stay in and he is going to reuse his LP next season.

Sorry, I'm just being silly. Has anyone heard anything about him officially retiring?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    I heard Jeremy is going to stay in and he is going to reuse his LP next season.

Sorry, I'm just being silly. Has anyone heard anything about him officially retiring?
    You almost gave me a heart attack. I like him but it's the time to move on. (pleaseee)

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nam57 View Post
    Seems like all the ladies staying? Caroline Zhang is also coaching I heard!
    Don't get me wrong, I have a special place in my heart for Caroline...but if I had a child who was learning to skate, I wouldn't want her teaching my kid anything other than spins and a COE spiral.

Caroline's basic skating was weak, her technique on every jump except the loop was bad (and even that she cranked around using her entire upper body for more than half of her career), she never learned any difficult transitions, shallow edges...

Is that mean to say? Am I wrong to say I wouldn't want Caroline teaching my kid basics?

Custom Title
    I hope Jeremy stays in for another 10 years and I don't even like him that much

Skating fans are so bossy D:

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I have a special place in my heart for Caroline...but if I had a child who was learning to skate, I wouldn't want her teaching my kid anything other than spins and a COE spiral.

Caroline's basic skating was weak, her technique on every jump except the loop was bad (and even that she cranked around using her entire upper body for more than half of her career), she never learned any difficult transitions, shallow edges...

Is that mean to say? Am I wrong to say I wouldn't want Caroline teaching my kid basics?
    It's not mean but I will say that how well someone can do something is not always indicative of how well they might be able to understand or teach it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast