Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

Custom Title

Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

the season just ended, and we all want to know what will happen in the next, but especially to know what will be the new programs of our favorite skaters!
    my ideas are:

Patrick Chan: the Artist
    Machida: Liebestraum
    Rippon: continue with the Faun

Wagner: Firebird
    Sotnikova: Tristan & Isolde
    Gold: comeback The Mission (junior program)

Hanyu: LOTR
    Denis: Requiem for a dream (warhorse, but he would be great)
    Javi: Pirates of the Caribbean (he would be a fantastic Jack Sparrow)
    V/T: rock music for the SP (even with lyrics) and Adagio by Albinoni for the FS
    (Is it just me, or Patrick skating on the Artist would be a little bit ironic? Denis was a perfect "Artist" last year at the worlds.)

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    That second one is a death sentence according to some!

Custard Title
    Gracie Gold: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances, mov. 2 for SP/1 for FS/3 for EX
    Ashley Wagner, Polina Edmunds: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances same movements
    etc. for all American ladies
    Mao Asada if she continues: Masquerade Waltz for SP, Masquerade Waltz for LP, and a new Masquerade Waltz EX because she needs the EX to complete the cycle
    Julia Lipnitskaya: SP I Got Rhythm (choreographed by Lori Nichol), LP King Kastschei's Infernal Dance from Firebird
    Elena Radionova: SP You Don't Give up on Love, LP Schindler's List, EX Sex Bomb
    Li Zijun: SP Selections from Die Walküre (ho-jo-to-ho especially), LP random selections from Götterdämmerung because she needs to embrace her inner German, and EX Agony Tango as punishment for choosing a tango for her music this season
    Kaetlyn Osmond: SP Scheherazade, LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, EX The Swan by Saint-Saens because she clearly needs more warhorses
    Anna Pogorilaya: SP Bach Organ toccata, LP soundtrack from Gladiator

Tatsuki Machida: SP Rite of Spring, LP Firebird, EX Petrushka to keep the Stravinky theme
    Maxim Kovtun: SP Pierrot Lunaire, LP Clair de Lune, EX Fields oof Gold
    Max Aaron: SP East of Eden, LP Salome, EX Dance of the Seven Veils with the veils as props
    Javier Fernandez: SP Arirang/Sakura (the folk song) mashup, LP random selections from Harry Potter soundtrack, EX something new

Banned
    Denis: Requiem for a dream (warhorse, but he would be great)
    why do you hate figure skating

Custom Title
    Please - no more Firebird. And NO East of Eden for Max. I LOVE that music and I don't think he would do it justice. He needs something with some zip to it - not a slow, haunting melody.

I am very anxious to see what Jason's choreographer will come up with. Riverdance is going to be a hard act to follow.

Custard Title
    Max needs to push himself and embrace his inner artist like Michelle Kwan. He will skate to Michelle Kwan's music with great artistry with her help. Kaxim Movtun also must develop and that is why he will skate to the atonal music of Pierrot Lunaire for his SP and Clair de Lune for his LP. In fact Clair de Lune should be made the compulsory LP music for all Russian males to scour the malign influence of Plushenko from the Russian rinks. As Liza is also a Plushenko student, she must follow these music choices. Fields of Gold is the EX choice for similar reasons.

Custom Title
    I *love* Hanyu's Exhibition Swan at Sochi, I wish he'd make it into an LP. Ditto for Denis Ten's Sochi Exhibition, both were incredible musical arrangements and really unusual, and they fit both skaters to a t. For Yan Han I wish to see his Jalouse and Adios Nonino again, forget Lori Nichol's weird choreography and also please try a flamenco like Kovtun's.

Any ladies please try a program like Elena's Fifth Element, I keep watching that skate over and over.

Yuzu - something anime; BTW his swan ex was a SP
    Adam Rippon - keep the faun LP
    Ashley Wagner - Scheherazade so she can round out the warhorses and reused her costume
    Gracie Gold - make her Chicago ex into an SP
    Tatsuki Machida - the Mission
    Max Aaron - Paint it Black

Matt K
    I wish to see Carolina Kostner do something without Lori Nichol. Her Ave Maria SP was good. But only Kostner and Asada have the skating skills, maturity and interpretation chops to skate to something better and more complex than that. Give the Lori Nichol stuff to Marchei or Wagner.

For some reason I want to see Carolina do Sotnikova's Carmen.

Custom Title
    Someone needs to do "Ride of the Valkyries". It seems people just aren't using it. Does anyone recall if it's ever been used in major competition with any success?

Rinkside
    first post!
    joe hisaishi music please!! or nobuo uematsu. weeaboo in me speaking

Here are some music suggestions.

Can somebody do Scriabin's piano concerto in f minor? Virtue and moir used parts of it for their FD but there are some great moments in that concerto.

A little left field, wind band music has never been greatly explored. I know that wind bands can being back high school band memories and it can sound a bit tacky at first, when done professionally, music for Wind band/symphonies can sound amazing and spectacular-
    Alfred Reed- Armenian Dances I and II, El Camino Real etc.
    Percy Grainger- 4 Scottish Dances, Children's March, Molly on the shore etc.
    Robert Russell Bennett- Suite of Old American Dances
    Shostakovich's Festive Overture

Some others
    A Brahm's Symphony (me wrote a couple)
    Something by Tchaikovsky that is not excessively used because he did writemsome spectacualr music
    William Walton- As you like it
    Stravinsky's Rite of Spring- who has the intensity to skate to music which depicts an ancient form of human sacrifice as a rite of passage to allow spring to happen?
    Arabic Music- They have really cool music. Pechalat and Bourzat used thismtype of music for their mummy routine.
    Les Preludes by Liszt
    Lord of the Rings- not a fan of the movie but the music is spectacular!
    Someting really cheesy like a broadway musical like 'anything goes' or 'guys and dolls' or 'Hairspray'
    Holst- suite in Eb Major or The Planets
    Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 by Bach
    Ragtime music-Scott Joplin
    Orchestral versions of GOOD pop songs (just because...there is a young audience we need to address as well!)
    Harry Potter (again, why not! Nobody has really done it)
    Musicals like Fiddler on the Rood, Oliver, Chicago, Chess, Les Miserable (using different cuts like 'in my life' or 'a little fall of rain' or 'a heart full of love'- maybe depict Marius or Eponine or Cosette rather than skating to the music without any sort of meaning, west side story that is not Bernstein's symphonic suites from west side story- too many times have i heard this music go to waste)

And the list continues....

Quote Originally Posted by ninfia View Post
    first post!
    joe hisaishi music please!! or nobuo uematsu. weeaboo in me speaking
    Hi ninfia! Welcome to Golden Skate

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Elena Radionova: SP You Don't Give up on Love, LP Schindler's List, EX Sex Bomb
    Seriously?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast