Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

Custom Title
    Max: Top Gun, Rush - bad boy fighter pilot/racing driver would work perfectly. He needs to ignore the haters, stop trying to skate like someone he's not, and skate like himself, full of fire and fun.

Jason: Rohene's already said his LP will be "dramatic" (oooh, I'm so excited!). I'd like to see a tango or latin-themed SP - as mentioned in another thread, his Grand Guignol was great, and I'd be really interested to see how he'd do with that kind of program now that he's more grown up. And please nobody shoot me, but I really love the music of Tango de Roxanne.

Joshua: What would I love most for Joshua? To see Schindler's List again! Please, Joshua, don't put it away! I know you can bring this masterpiece to life! I'm not sure what I'd want to see for the short. I really liked Libertango and like Jason's Prince it was an SP that needed growing into.

Artur: Please, Artur, keep Anna Karenina! For the short, I'd love to see him go back to something fun and quirky in the theme of his St Louis Blues or The Bolt.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luisARG View Post
    the season just ended, and we all want to know what will happen in the next, but especially to know what will be the new programs of our favorite skaters!
    my ideas are:

Patrick Chan: the Artist
    Machida: Liebestraum
    Rippon: continue with the Faun

Wagner: Firebird
    Sotnikova: Tristan & Isolde
    Gold: comeback The Mission (junior program)
    I also thought Firebird for Ashley, she seems to be motivated by powerful music. Another good one could be Lawrence of Arabia.
    I'd like to see Gracie step a bit back from the perfect princess thing and try a more powerful piece.
    And for Polina, I loved the music that Sasha skated to for her 2002 Olympic short:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40iX9O9c5c
    Edit--I dug up the title, it's "My Sweet and Tender Beast" by Doga.

Custom Title
    Hanyu: SP Two steps from hell - Everlasting, FS: Game of Thrones soundtrack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TOHc7I1pc

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Hanyu: SP Two steps from hell - Everlasting, FS: Game of Thrones soundtrack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TOHc7I1pc

Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    Yuzu - something anime; BTW his swan ex was a SP
    I am not that well-versed in anime, but I love the Akira soundtrack and I've fantasized about Yuzu doing a program to "Kaneda's Theme." I think it would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-wv4pFodIQ

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Gracie Gold: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances, mov. 2 for SP/1 for FS/3 for EX
    Ashley Wagner, Polina Edmunds: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances same movements
    etc. for all American ladies
    Mao Asada if she continues: Masquerade Waltz for SP, Masquerade Waltz for LP, and a new Masquerade Waltz EX because she needs the EX to complete the cycle
    Julia Lipnitskaya: SP I Got Rhythm (choreographed by Lori Nichol), LP King Kastschei's Infernal Dance from Firebird
    Elena Radionova: SP You Don't Give up on Love, LP Schindler's List, EX Sex Bomb
    Li Zijun: SP Selections from Die Walküre (ho-jo-to-ho especially), LP random selections from Götterdämmerung because she needs to embrace her inner German, and EX Agony Tango as punishment for choosing a tango for her music this season
    Kaetlyn Osmond: SP Scheherazade, LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, EX The Swan by Saint-Saens because she clearly needs more warhorses
    Anna Pogorilaya: SP Bach Organ toccata, LP soundtrack from Gladiator

Tatsuki Machida: SP Rite of Spring, LP Firebird, EX Petrushka to keep the Stravinky theme
    Maxim Kovtun: SP Pierrot Lunaire, LP Clair de Lune, EX Fields oof Gold
    Max Aaron: SP East of Eden, LP Salome, EX Dance of the Seven Veils with the veils as props
    Javier Fernandez: SP Arirang/Sakura (the folk song) mashup, LP random selections from Harry Potter soundtrack, EX something new
    Radionova is very stylish in their musical choices and fall badly to copy Lipnitskaya programs repeated to exhaustion.
    I think she should explore more than Two steps from hell. this really suits her.
    I wanted Julia let these classics and choose something more modern, perhaps something like the Radionova short programs (rsrsrsrsrs).The same for Mao in SP
    For the men a lot of Rock and Epic Musics.

I agree totally!!! TSFH is the best and Yuzuru can skate very well in this style. I think TSFH Blackhearth combines perfectly with Hanyu.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Max: Top Gun, Rush - bad boy fighter pilot/racing driver would work perfectly. He needs to ignore the haters, stop trying to skate like someone he's not, and skate like himself, full of fire and fun.

Jason: Rohene's already said his LP will be "dramatic" (oooh, I'm so excited!). I'd like to see a tango or latin-themed SP - as mentioned in another thread, his Grand Guignol was great, and I'd be really interested to see how he'd do with that kind of program now that he's more grown up. And please nobody shoot me, but I really love the music of Tango de Roxanne.

Joshua: What would I love most for Joshua? To see Schindler's List again! Please, Joshua, don't put it away! I know you can bring this masterpiece to life! I'm not sure what I'd want to see for the short. I really liked Libertango and like Jason's Prince it was an SP that needed growing into.

Artur: Please, Artur, keep Anna Karenina! For the short, I'd love to see him go back to something fun and quirky in the theme of his St Louis Blues or The Bolt.
    Best suggestion yet. Max, quit it with the artsy-fartsy.

I also cannot wait to see Rohene's follow-up for Jason.

Custom Title
    I totally agree with Pirates of the Caribbean for Javier!!!!!

I really want to see someone do "Prologue" or "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter and portray Hedwig... I don't even know why... I actually had a dream where Yulia did it and it was fantastic but it was a dream so... yeah.

EDIT: I also want to see LOTR from Hanyu, it would be interesting.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I totally agree with Pirates of the Caribbean for Javier!!!!!
    Javier did a Pirates FS in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvv8kk9Grvk

Custom Title
    I would like to see men skating to Justin Bieber and women to Tina Turner. (Lyrics allowed, right?)

Custom Title
    Julia needs to skate to the Hanna soundtrack by The Chemical Brothers before she gets too old to play the baby assassin role. Based on her taste in movies and her Kill Bill exhibition, that seems right in her wheelhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMP5vBsmlYs

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    There would be the need to add a Ravers Cup of Netherlands and something tells me she doesn't skate fast enough to please the people of the Netherlands

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post

A little left field, wind band music has never been greatly explored. I know that wind bands can being back high school band memories and it can sound a bit tacky at first, when done professionally, music for Wind band/symphonies can sound amazing and spectacular-
    Alfred Reed- Armenian Dances I and II, El Camino Real etc.
    Percy Grainger- 4 Scottish Dances, Children's March, Molly on the shore etc.
    Robert Russell Bennett- Suite of Old American Dances
    Shostakovich's Festive Overture
    If you're bringing up Wind Band Music, some other great stuff includes:
    Frank Ticheli
    Eric Whitacre (I'd die if somebody did "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas"...he has great choral music as well.)
    John Mackey (Aurora Awakes could be edited to be a really cool program)

In terms of other music I'd like to see, I'd love to see somebody use The Moldau from Ma Vlast by Smetana. And because I just saw it on Broadway, I think somebody could maybe do something cool with the music from Pippin (maybe a younger team.)

Rinkside
    Machida (from Werckmeister Harmonies OST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlQ04g0pDc

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast