Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    If Adelina decides to go the show route instead of staying competitive next year, I think this song is ideal for her:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE
    While I'm one of the ones who falls in the camp of disagreeing with the Olympic result, Adelina is only a young girl who skated her best on that night. The rest was not up to her. It would be nice if the skating fan public could get to know her a little better

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    I know that for the next season lyrics are allowed but I would love it if a female skater skated to this, maybe a snippet for their short program?

Young and Beautiful Instrumental
    Ashley Wagner did Young & Beautiful (with words) in this year's Stars on Ice. One of her very best performances. She set this song on fire.

Rinkside
    For a SP: Zbigniew Preisner - Lacrimosa
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xacflWZig8c

Difficult to keep up with the ending part but with a well-designed program it could be great (IMO)

Well, someone already mentioned Javier Fernandez being a good Jack Sparrow: I totally agree!! I so want to see him doing something with Pirates of the Carribbean! But he would also be good with The Mask or some other film tracks...

Seriously, has any senior skater ever done Harry Potter? The fourth film has great pieces of music and both of the seventh also, some very nice themes: Liliy´s theme - for example, but that would more fit a lady...
    Also, Star Wars - I think it could produce some nice step sequences... and seriously, some of the older Star Trek movies do have nice themes to... (Wrath of Khan; First Contact)
    Lord of the Rings also; Dirty Dancing would be great for short dances!
    Two Steps From Hell is also something that needs to be included more...
    Hunger Games!

Hunger Games would fit Joshi Helgesson, as she already skated her LP to Warrior Princess(?) and it was pretty good

I would love to see another Tango de Roxanne, but with the lyrics from Moulin Rouge, but only with someone who has enough presence to deliever it, as there are two strong voices in it...
    Also, Rachmaninovs 2. and some Vivaldis winter, the PianoGuys made a medley of it with the song from Frozen... Overall, music from the PianoGuys, as they combine classical themes with modern themes and also some Lindsay Stirling for some amazing violins...

But please, NO MORE requiem for a dream, NO more firebirds....

Overall I think they should use less classical music, as some themes get dusty over the time... Mixing it with new songs, movie themes... that could make the sport a little bit more attractive, too?

Custom Title
    Come on everyone, Javier skated to POTC for 2 seasons already. www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IIw8AAnFc

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverdull45 View Post
    Ashley Wagner did Young & Beautiful (with words) in this year's Stars on Ice. One of her very best performances. She set this song on fire.
    I actually would love for her to convert this to a short program. Maybe the instrumental version.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen95 View Post
    Seriously, has any senior skater ever done Harry Potter? The fourth film has great pieces of music and both of the seventh also, some very nice themes: Liliy´s theme - for example, but that would more fit a lady...
    Ryan Bradley for SOI.

I don't know about the music as I've not seen the films but his outfit sure looks like H. Potter to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAJJ-Cb0sE

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    Come on everyone, Javier skated to POTC for 2 seasons already. www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IIw8AAnFc
    Yes but that was long time ago. With him under Orser now, his present level of performance and technical will be different program entirely. There are 4 movies right now so there are more variety of music choices. His previous dress made him look like Will Turner than Sparrow.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    I don't know but it's an intriguing idea! Come to think of it, the 3rd movement might be lovely, too.
    The second movements are always the hardest, most moving and the most important movements of all Beethoven symphonies. Thus the problem, extremely difficult to interpret!!!

I haven't seen anyone made Skavinsky's music work either. One of the reason I couldn't buy Machida's Fire Bird. Because Stravinsky is my favourite but no one did his music any justice, not to mention his music were written so people can dance along with it.

I am fed up with Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky and Carmen, and Les Misérables.

Anyone skate has intention to skate Schubert's Winterreise song cycle? Any song in that cycle would do. My favourite! Please make it happen!

Custom Title
    Did someone say that Yuzuru Hanyu was choosing between R&J no.2 and Carmina Burana for last season? I can totally see him doing Carmina Burana. That piece is EPIC. If he pulls it off, it'll be even more spine-tingling than R&J no.1

Custom Title
    I don't know but it's an intriguing idea! Come to think of it, the 3rd movement might be lovely, too.
    Allegreto from Symphony No. 7 is magnificent and one of the greatest musical compositions in history (IMO). Why hasn't any skater picked it? It's like asking for the gold medal to be handed to you.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The second movements are always the hardest, most moving and the most important movements of all Beethoven symphonies. Thus the problem, extremely difficult to interpret!!!

I haven't seen anyone made Skavinsky's music work either. One of the reason I couldn't buy Machida's Fire Bird. Because Stravinsky is my favourite but no one did his music any justice, not to mention his music were written so people can dance along with it.

I am fed up with Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky and Carmen, and Les Misérables.

Anyone skate has intention to skate Schubert's Winterreise song cycle? Any song in that cycle would do. My favourite! Please make it happen!
    Re: Stravinsky, back in the day the Duchesnays used "The Rite of Spring" -- 1988 Olys, IIRC. I hated the program but that's just my opinion. On a more positive note, I was thinking the other day that "L'Histoire du Soldat" has definite possibilities. Same for "Pulcinella."

"Winterreise" -- wow, you're definitely thinking out of the box! Fine by me, but I want "Die Schone Mullerin" too....

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Allegreto from Symphony No. 7 is magnificent and one of the greatest musical compositions in history (IMO). Why hasn't any skater picked it? It's like asking for the gold medal to be handed to you.
    Totally agree re: the Allegretto. Just never thought of it as music to skate to but am willing to be convinced.

BTW, have you ever read Leonard Bernstein's The Joy of Music? Asking b/c it has a wonderful chapter on Beethoven with an amazing discussion of the Allegretto. One of my all time favorite books on music.

Custom Title
    I totally agree with more PianoGuys. I'm actually surprised that not many people have used their music already...

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Re: Stravinsky, back in the day the Duchesnays used "The Rite of Spring" -- 1988 Olys, IIRC. I hated the program but that's just my opinion. On a more positive note, I was thinking the other day that "L'Histoire du Soldat" has definite possibilities. Same for "Pulcinella."
    "Winterreise" -- wow, you're definitely thinking out of the box! Fine by me, but I want "Die Schone Mullerin" too....
    Die Schone Mullerin is great, what about Auf dem Wasser zu singen?? I love this version the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dokb2pA82gQ

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I totally agree with more PianoGuys. I'm actually surprised that not many people have used their music already...
    Petrushka by Stravinsky, piano version please!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4vonP1XAQ
    And Beethoven piano sonata no 24:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5yA-iZxW_w

As for the strings:
    And Schubert's Arpeggione Sonata!!!!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjeHGysdpM
    And Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola!!! Movement 2 sounds like it belongs to the romantic period, not the classical period that Mozart was living in.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=456nCpKjetg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast