Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The ShibShibs Will Keep Competing

Custom Title
    I also enjoyed their MJ program.

I'm probably even more in the minority in that I like them way more than Chock/Bates. The Shibutani's are my favorite team now that Davis/White have retired.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I also enjoyed their MJ program.

I'm probably even more in the minority in that I like them way more than Chock/Bates. The Shibutani's are my favorite team now that Davis/White have retired.
    I'm with you on this one. I actually liked them on the same level as Meryl and Charlie, and I cannot see what all of the fuss is about Chock/Bates. Now I did like Bates with his previous partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I actually liked them on the same level as Meryl and Charlie, and I cannot see what all of the fuss is about Chock/Bates. Now I did like Bates with his previous partner.
    See them live. They explode across the ice. I never got them either till I saw them at Nationals; now I'm an uber.

My favorite dance team! I'd be so sad if they were to call it quits before the next Olympics.

I feel like there's something untapped within them and for some reason I feel that it wasn't all there this season despite the awesome MJ program. I'm not sure what it will take but they have a good number of years to improve and they're not on a bad track. I remember reading on another forum that their programs are going to have to be executed a little differently from other pairs since they are brother and sister and they can't do romantic programs, but I think that's something that will help them grow as ice dancers and as siblings.

On the Ice
    I'm glad they're continuing, but I'm hoping against hope that Marina can get them some good programs. Their TES are almost on par with (and in some cases better than) the top teams, but they're lagging behind in PCS. With a killer program, I think they can break through.

Custom Title
    They can't explore romantic themes, but they can go a darker route.

Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    They can't explore romantic themes, but they can go a darker route.
    Haha, what would be an example of a darker route? (I'm almost afraid to ask this question)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    Haha, what would be an example of a darker route? (I'm almost afraid to ask this question)
    LOL maybe I'm being too ambitious but how about some atonal orchestral music They can be dressed all in black with artistic paint splatters on their costume and heavy eyeliner

OK maybe not

Banned
    They can't explore romantic themes,
    yes they can

:x

Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    yes they can

:x
    Erm, wouldn't that rub the judges the wrong way, particularly if they're conservative? And I'd imagine it would be awkward to do a romantic routine with your sibling...

Banned
    Erm, wouldn't that rub the judges the wrong way, particularly if they're conservative? And I'd imagine it would be awkward to do a romantic routine with your sibling...
    lol i'm kidding

(OR AM I?!?!?!???!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?)

the shibs need to get rid of marina though. they should be the solid US #2 team but they're being consistently beat by chock/bates who've only been together for like three years.

and marina has never been as effusive in her praise about the shibs as she is about her other teams. even what she said this week about i/k, idk how they still have confidence in her

Sorry I wasn't sure if you were being serious, still learning the ins and outs of these forums!

lol i'm kidding

(OR AM I?!?!?!???!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?)

the shibs need to get rid of marina though. they should be the solid US #2 team but they're being consistently beat by chock/bates who've only been together for like three years.

and marina has never been as effusive in her praise about the shibs as she is about her other teams. even what she said this week about i/k, idk how they still have confidence in her
    That's what I was thinking! I honestly think with more focused coaching they could tap their full potential. If they were to get rid of Marina...they can't really go back to Shpilband? Are there other coaches that could potentially lead them to higher standings?

Custom Title
    Well how are you just assuming that Marina's interest will be the same as it was when she was fully immersed in V&M and D&W??? Maybe the Shibs are her next main project.

Banned
    Sorry I wasn't sure if you were being serious, still learning the ins and outs of these forums!

That's what I was thinking! I honestly think with more focused coaching they could tap their full potential. If they were to get rid of Marina...they can't really go back to Shpilband? Are there other coaches that could potentially lead them to higher standings?
    they're probably better off with marina than igor at this point. at least until marina starts poaching other students, they're her only top team for now whereas igor has like twenty up and coming teams. theoretically they could go to le unibrow at detroit, but he's probably just as busy as igor at this point. you'd think that with v/m and d/w retiring, they'd get marina's undivided attention but i realllyyyy doubt that

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Well how are you just assuming that Marina's interest will be the same as it was when she was fully immersed in V&M and D&W??? Maybe the Shibs are her next main project.

did you read her comments about i/k from a few days ago? i'd be pissed as hell seeing my coach say those things about another team. it's obvious she's got a wandering eye as far as coaching goes.

plus marina is the queen of the gooey romantic let's just gaze into each others eyes and sigh program, i don't think she thinks there's much she can do for the shibs except pocket $200 an hour from them

they're probably better off with marina than igor at this point. at least until marina starts poaching other students, they're her only top team for now whereas igor has like twenty up and coming teams. theoretically they could go to le unibrow at detroit, but he's probably just as busy as igor at this point. you'd think that with v/m and d/w retiring, they'd get marina's undivided attention but i realllyyyy doubt that
    With v/m and d/w retiring, why wouldn't she invest in the Shibsibs? Their technical score is on par with everyone else in the top group, it's the PCS that they're missing out on. What sort of themes would everyone like to have the siblings explore since romantic "gaze into each others eyes" routines won't work on them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast