Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Marinaro ? lol
they were buried in seniors when he competed with Purdy
aside from not so good looks, he needs better refinement, extension, expression and jumps

They won World silver in 2013. Deputat was 3rd in World Juniors in 2012 and 4th in World Juniors last year.

And, yet again, how can you dub B/D potentially future World Champions when you haven't even seen them compete, heck even perform? :laugh:

Also, I seriously question Deputat's ability to be able to grow a creeper moustache like only Trankov can. So already they're at a disadvantage. :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They won World silver in 2013. Deputat was 3rd in World Juniors in 2012 and 4th in World Juniors last year.

2013 was a depleted pairs field won by an American who have no success till now in seniors with P/M (aka the similar height pair) coming second because of F/M mistakes in the SP

hanca

Record Breaker
2013 was a depleted pairs field won by an American who have no success till now in seniors with P/M (aka the similar height pair) coming second because of F/M mistakes in the SP

Depleted field maybe, but that still doesn't change anything on the fact that Deputat was not even sent to those junior worlds...

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Depleted field maybe, but that still doesn't change anything on the fact that Deputat was not even sent to those junior worlds...

I believe they withdrew from Jr. Nationals due to an injury to Vasilisa, but yes the point is that they weren't there

hanca

Record Breaker
I believe they withdrew from Jr. Nationals due to an injury to Vasilisa, but yes the point is that they weren't there

They could have got pass by their Federation, if they were that great. Some dancers got pass to junior worlds without attending junior nationals. This year Radionova also got pass to junior worlds without attending the nationals.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They could have got pass by their Federation, if they were that great. Some dancers got pass to junior worlds without attending junior nationals. This year Radionova also got pass to junior worlds without attending the nationals.

To be fair though, she came 3rd at Russian Nationals, with a score higher than the Junior champion. Not to mention, she qualified for the GPF and did well coming 4th. She's totally the Sui/Han of Ladies skating... senior level but still hoarding all the Junior World titles. :laugh:

Vas/Deputat came 5th at Nationals (40 points behind Bazarova/Larionov), and only 3rd in the Junior competition.

I don't see how Deputat joining Bazarova will magically move him from a Russian Junior bronze medalist to a Russian Senior team that threatens V/T. I mean, they'll have tons of trouble even matching S/K. Look at Vera vs. Ksenia when thrown, for example. It's night and day. And you can bet S/K will start adding in a second triple instead of SBS 2A, making them even harder to surpass.

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think Bazarova/Deputat will start beating Stolbova/Klimov. Not yet, anyway. S/K are now firmly Russian pair number 2. But I can imagine that the fight for the third place within Russia would be between Antipova/Maisuradze, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Deputat and Tarasova/Morozov. I know Kavaguti/Smirnov's achievement in the past, but now they missed a season, and the season before they were on decline; their results definitely were not the standard we are used from them. Time is against them; they are getting older and it is getting hard to train. Antipova/Maisuradze are on the rise, but I am sot sure whether she went through puberty yet. Also, if you noticed, the last season in some competitions they were doing only side by side doubles. Although at worlds they did triples, I think there may have been some jump problems. Maybe temporary ones, or maybe the problems are still there. So while I don't think that Bazarova/Deputat will be threat to V/T and S/K, I could see them unexpectedly grab the third spot to Europeans or worlds. But the same can be also said about Tarasova-Morozov(grabbing the third spot).