Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Nina Mozer: Vera Bazarov - Yuri Larionov , Skaters will no longer skate together:

http://itar-tass.com/sport/1087528

SAINT-PETERSBURG , March 31. / Correspondent . ITAR- Tass Jodorowsky / . At the World Championships in Japan Saitama held last performance sports pair Vera Bazarov - Yuri Larionov . Skaters will no longer skate together , as in a telephone conversation to the ITAR -TASS reported coach Nina Mozer .

"After the rental of any program skaters made ​​the final decision to leave. - Moser said . - They have different views on the future career . Larionov remains in our group , and Bazarov will seek a new partner and coach ."

As noted by Moser, with a potential partner for Yuri already negotiated . " There 's a good girl , with whom Larionov should all well formed , - said the expert. - Finally, all the formalities for a new pair will be issued in the coming days ."

Couple Bazarov - Larionov prior to this season was considered second in rank in the group Moser and after injury Alexander Smirnov , who along with Yuko Kawaguchi missed all main starts of the season, and the team of Russia . Experienced athletes are not able to take this chance and they lost ground Xenia and Fedor Klimov Stolbovoy who defected to the group last summer and Moser became champions of the Olympics in the team competition and the silver medal in the individual competition at the Olympic Games in Sochi and the recently concluded World Championships

Not that surprising they have stagnanted, but I feel sorry for Vera
maybe she can skate with Alexander Smirnov

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh ****. What's going on? Thank god V/T aren't retiring.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am sorry for Vera,
while Larionov is a truck driver which I doubt can find a better partner than Vera

I hope she can find a good partner
maybe go to Vasiliev and skate with Enbert ?

Vera has mentioned she did not like the environment skating with too many other pairs
she prefers a coach to focus on them, so I guess their move to Mozer was a big mistake
Vera is just 21 years old btw

tulosai

Record Breaker
WOW I am surprised. I thought they were dating (that is to say, I KNOW they were dating for a time and thought they still were), and I know she's made statements that she knew from a young age she would not want to skate with another person... she waited for him after his doping debacle.

I hope she will find a new partner. In all honesty, he may do better without her even though she has better line and basics because she just never can control/land her SBS jumps.

Snow63

Record Breaker
K/S must be happy though, that is 1 less competition in Russia for now
Antipova / Maisuradze though might catch up to them

I'm sure they're not happy.
A/M on the other hand have a great chance now. They should say thank you to Larionov. I wonder what's their reason to split?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm sure they're not happy.
A/M on the other hand have a great chance now. They should say thank you to Larionov. I wonder what's their reason to split?

My guess is they broke up and either 1) just didn't want to keep training together, mutually or 2)he decided he could do better with someone else (preferably someone who can land jumps in competition) and dumped her in a second way as well, with the help of their coach who had a new partner waiting for him.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hope she will find a new partner. In all honesty, he may do better without her even though she has better line and basics because she just never can control/land her SBS jumps.

Veras only problem is jumps
but Larionov existed as a mere background for Vera, he had no personality on the ice

tulosai

Record Breaker
but Larionov existed as a mere background for Vera, he had no personality on the ice

I mean, yes, but it is a SIGNIFICANT problem. I really liked this team and especially Vera, but she literally NEVER lands her SBS jumps in competition, perhaps 1 time in 10 literally. It is what has prevented them from rising in the ranks and what has lead to their stagnation.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I mean, yes, but it is a SIGNIFICANT problem. I really liked this team and especially Vera, but she literally NEVER lands her SBS jumps in competition, perhaps 1 time in 10 literally. It is what has prevented them from rising in the ranks and what has lead to their stagnation.

I agree. I'm not sure Larionov will do better with new partner though.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Well it's a good thing jumps aren't significant or anything in pairs! :rolleye: :sarcasm:

They were mismatched visually, but kudos to them for somehow making it work. They were like a Volosozhar/Morozov to me.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well it's a good thing jumps aren't significant or anything in pairs! :rolleye: :sarcasm:

They were mismatched visually, but kudos to them for somehow making it work. They were like a Volosozhar/Morozov to me.

they were mismatched pair no doubt about that
Larionov looks like the brother or Morozov but Vera I still feel sorry about
maybe a second partnership will be better for her like Volosozhar

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree. I'm not sure Larionov will do better with new partner though.

Oh I agree. I am surprised by the split partly/mostly because I frankly DON'T think they are likely to do better with other partners. That said, I do think also that they had stagnated/reached their max potential unless she could somehow turn around the SBS jumps, so perhaps they felt they had nothing to lose by starting over with someone else where at least there is the potential to rise higher rather than the certainty of not (again,. minus some SBS jump miracle).

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Sad for them. She is such a beautiful skater & needs a more elegant partner.
It looked like they really did not want to skate with each other at the Worlds.
I hope she finds a new partner, it would be such a terrible waste.
Look what happened to Maria Murkhatova & Jana Khokhlova. Such wasted talent.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
and lack of expressiveness and interpretation. Very insipid both of them, but I agree he looks like a truck driver.

She just always looks so sad.
When I first saw them at the 2010 Europeans I thought they would be the next great Russian couple but it just did not happen.
Also, the programs they are given are so bland.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Oh.

I think Larionov's new partner is Daria Popova (ex Massot partner). Remember that her twit about 'another door' opening or something like that?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh.

I think Larionov's new partner is Daria Popova (ex Massot partner). Remember that her twit about 'another door' opening or something like that?

:laugh: whelp she can't land her SBS jumps with over 50% regularity either... or her throws....