Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I really like Bazarova's idea of skating to Spanish or oriental music. She has just the face for that. :) Classics suited her just fine, but I wouldn't mind her trying something new. From my point of view of a TV viewer, the main reason I didn't like their programs this season was the choice of music (I doubt Vera will ever become an entertainer to skate convincingly to humorous programs) and keeping the rhythm (they often felt slower than the music, especially in spins). I wish they'd made their Tosca exhibition a LP, that one was breathtaking. Good luck to Vera! I feel her results can only benefit from this split.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
this is very likely
Stepanova since last fall has reportedly continued growing
and even Zhuk/Svinin has mentioned this.

probably this summer or very soon
Stepanova / Bukin will split up

It is indeed frustrating
this is why the ISU should have a height standard for Ice Dance / Pairs competing
those who do not meet the height criteria will not be allowed in ISU sanctioned events

Why not a hair color standard as well? All Blond! All the Time!

Why stop there? Why not have an eye-color standard too? Figure skating has closeups, don't they?

New ISU Standard:
Tall blue-eyed blonds only!!!

:points:

:sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Photo of Vera and Andrei, they are now training in Moscow: http://cs616522.vk.me/v616522213/b9cb/3AwiIZ-_B4c.jpg

they look good together, very attractive couple
future World Champions ? they could be an immediate threat to Volosozhar/Trankov

:rofl: Immediate threat?!?!

This is coming from somebody who took every opportunity to trash Vera's jumps (which yes, are very small).... to now saying they can immediately threaten Volosozhar/Trankov?!?! :laugh: They won't even immediately threaten Stolbova/Klimova...

Apparently you're more superficial than you let on if you think just because Andrei's better looking that Yuri, they'll all of a sudden shoot up the ranks. He's a solid skater but he has a lot to improve upon, particular extension/foot pointing and his upper body movements. I still think they can do well, but Vera's jumps will likely hold them back unless she somehow starts actually jumping her jumps.

Alba

Record Breaker
future World Champions ? they could be an immediate threat to Volosozhar/Trankov

You have a very narrow vision. He is so cute that they certainly are going to be the next Olympic Champions.:sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You have a very narrow vision. He is so cute that they certainly are going to be the next Olympic Champions.:sarcasm:

Well, this is coming from someone who thinks Gracie Gold will shoot up the ranks because she's a perfect blonde with supposedly intimidatingly gorgeous Hollywood looks. :laugh: Didn't exactly help her win Worlds or Olympics, and Vera's going to need to rely more on Andrei's looks, if she's going to want to make the Russian National team with him, let alone THREATEN V/T.

The funniest thing is, she's dubbing them future World champions when we haven't even seen them compete. Moore-Towers/Marinaro have a better shot on paper than these two.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, this is coming from someone who thinks Gracie Gold will shoot up the ranks because she's a perfect blonde with supposedly intimidatingly gorgeous Hollywood looks. :laugh: Didn't exactly help her win Worlds or Olympics, and Vera's going to need to rely more on Andrei's looks, if she's going to want to make the Russian National team with him, let alone THREATEN V/T.

The funniest thing is, she's dubbing them future World champions when we haven't even seen them compete. Moore-Towers/Marinaro have a better shot on paper than these two.

And let's not forget that we already have the next great Ice Dance couple, S&K, who will win GPF, Euros, Worlds and Olympics. ;)
We don't know how they skate, but hey, they're a beautiful couple. That should suffice.:biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Marinaro ? lol
they were buried in seniors when he competed with Purdy
aside from not so good looks, he needs better refinement, extension, expression and jumps

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:rofl: Immediate threat?!?!

This is coming from somebody who took every opportunity to trash Vera's jumps (which yes, are very small).... to now saying they can immediately threaten Volosozhar/Trankov?!?! :laugh: They won't even immediately threaten Stolbova/Klimova...

Apparently you're more superficial than you let on if you think just because Andrei's better looking that Yuri, they'll all of a sudden shoot up the ranks. He's a solid skater but he has a lot to improve upon, particular extension/foot pointing and his upper body movements. I still think they can do well, but Vera's jumps will likely hold them back unless she somehow starts actually jumping her jumps.

B/D had test skate videos, already their unison in jumps better than B/L did
we just need to see their throws and twists, Vasiliev is coaching them alone
and as Vera said, she thrives on being focused alone with no other distractions from other skaters

yes Andrei is attractive and good looking but that's not all, they are a well matched couple
unlike Vera with Truck Drive Larionov

hanca

Record Breaker
Photo of Vera and Andrei, they are now training in Moscow: http://cs616522.vk.me/v616522213/b9cb/3AwiIZ-_B4c.jpg

Have you noticed the height difference? When Davankova was reaching up to his nose, you were saying how awfully tall she is. Funny, this photo actually proves that Bazarova is as tall as Davankova. Also reaches up to his nose!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Have you noticed the height difference? When Davankova was reaching up to his nose, you were saying how awfully tall she is. Funny, this photo actually proves that Bazarova is as tall as Davankova. Also reaches up to his nose!

Davankova's forehead was almost at par with Deputat's eyes !
Davankova is much much taller now

tulosai

Record Breaker
In fairness to sky_fly on this ONE POINT ONLY, Deputat HIMSELF said he split from Davankova because she was too tall for him. She had grown after the picture that has been posted. I believe she is almost 5'6" now. At the start of this season, she was 5'3" which IS how tall Vera is now, but she was and maybe is not done growing. Vera is.

I know sky_fly was already saying Davankova was too tall for him when she was 5'3" and now seems to think this height difference is ideal, which does not compute, and is illogical. However, trying to claim Davankova and Bazarova are currently the same height is just not true.