Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Such a sweet thing Vera. I must say a classy reaction from her. :)

Oh I think there's a tinge of bitterness to the sweetness. You don't really have to read much between the lines to see it:

I did not leave him in a difficult situation (like he left me)

sorry, but he made the decision himself (so don't blame me if it doesn't work out).

I give her credit though: a diss like that is often so much more effective than a rant.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I actually don't think its fair for her to bring up the staying out for a year thing. Mainly because its not like he dumped her right afterwards, they were together for years! I think the decision on his end is pretty understandable.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh I think there's a tinge of bitterness to the sweetness. You don't really have to read much between the lines to see it:

sorry, but he made the decision himself (so don't blame me if it doesn't work out).

I give her credit though: a diss like that is often so much more effective than a rant.

Glad I'm not the only one who "read between the lines." :slink: He did stay with her for years, so she had time to get her jumps together. At some point, he must move on and I don't blame him. Same goes with Rogonov and Maisuradze (she left him but he is better off without her).

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually don't think its fair for her to bring up the staying out for a year thing. Mainly because its not like he dumped her right afterwards, they were together for years! I think the decision on his end is pretty understandable.

She did not... posters have brought it up.

I think it is perfectly fair for her to make clear that it was him who made the decision. While I do agree it requires only slight reading between the lines to see a bit of bitterness there, she definitely did not say anything inappropriate or distasteful, and has a right to let the world know it was her who was dumped if she wants.

While I agree the decision is understandable due to her jump issues. I think he doesn't fully appreciate his own flaws.

Alba

Record Breaker

Sorry you're right. I didn't thought at all about that phrase "I did not leave him in a difficult situation".
I thought she meant He's not in a difficult situation because he has a new partner, but of course that doesn't make sense because he left her, not the otherway around.

Sorry, I'm preparing my trip to Venice at the same time, and didn't pay too much attention. :confused:

Tinge of bitterness to the sweetness is better :biggrin: More drama please. :popcorn:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I would lie if I say it wasn't expected, however ..., I feel very sorry for Vera she is such a wonderful person - but I am sure she will find another skater! I mean seriously, who wouldn't like to skate with Vera? In my opinion she is one of the top female pair skaters in the business, at least if you look at it from the perspective of grace and glamour, but she always somehow suffered under Yurij and no I don't say that because he always looked so angry at me *laughs*, I am sure he can be a charming guy if he wants to!

Someone said she cant jump, well I somehow disagree with that. Yes she doesn't jump very high, but I honestly always felt that the "guy" was the weaker part of their relationship.

It wont be the last what we heard of Vera, don't worry.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Andrei Deputat will be a good partner for vera, the same age
and he will have no partner soon when Davankova grows a few more cm

My dear Vera is THE SAME height as Davankova, who you have been saying all season is ALREADY too tall for Deputat.

bsfan

On the Ice
Can she pair up with Rogonov? Don't know the height difference though. She needs a more elegant partner and a good coach.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sorry you're right. I didn't thought at all about that phrase "I did not leave him in a difficult situation".
I thought she meant He's not in a difficult situation because he has a new partner, but of course that doesn't make sense because he left her, not the otherway around.

Sorry, I'm preparing my trip to Venice at the same time, and didn't pay too much attention. :confused:

Tinge of bitterness to the sweetness is better :biggrin: More drama please. :popcorn:

You can't say figure skating is ever boring.

Ooh Venice. I'm totally envious. But not bitter! Have a wonderful trip.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Can she pair up with Rogonov? Don't know the height difference though. She needs a more elegant partner and a good coach.

He is 5'11" and she is 5'3". While the difference would ideally be a bit larger since Larinov is only 5'9" it might work, though Larinov has a sturdier build.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

But what's the point of leaving Nastya, who couldn't land jumps consistently to skate with Vera whose partner just left because she can't land jumps consistently?

Piseev: Vera Bazarov / Yuri Larionov has no future without a stable performance of jump elements, so decay duo natural
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140401/740133125.html

On the one hand, it's a pity that they end. On the other hand, they know better than to engage further. And even more special is not really progress, because without a stable performance jump elements that can not always be the partner, it is very difficult to claim something.

Larionov:
Any special progress we have, we worked last season, in principle, at maximum, and any further growth is not seen. It gradually evolved and came to this. I thought to myself that it would be better.
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140401/740161964.html

tulosai

Record Breaker
It sounds from that that the federation has not yet spoken to Vera and it is unsure if she will continue/they will find another partner for her. Very sad if so.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Suddenly Russia doesn't look so dominate in Pairs now with B/L breaking up and V/T's status up in the air.

alebi

Medalist
It sounds like the Rus Fed has just dumped Vera because of her irreparable problems and doesn't wanna see or doesn't care much about the weaknesses of Yuri

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
It sounds like the Rus Fed has just dumped Vera because of her irreparable problems and doesn't wanna see or doesn't care much about the weaknesses of Yuri

But sometimes a new partner who really suits you can give you the confidence to step up a level.
Trankov was very inconsistent with Murkhatova but with Tatiana he grew to be an amazing skater.
Maybe part of Vera's problems with her jumps were to do more with her partner than her own talent.
I really hope she finds a partner who can skate together with her & not against her. I always thought it was a battle between her & Yuri not a partnership.

Alba

Record Breaker
Suddenly Russia doesn't look so dominate in Pairs now with B/L breaking up and V/T's status up in the air.

Russia was never dominant with B&L.
They have S&K which are very strong and should become better and better, and V&T said they will continue.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Volosozhar/Trankov will continue until 2018 so are Kavaguti/Smirnov

then there is Stolbova/Klimov, Antipova/Maisuradze

juniors who will be seniors next season
Tarasova/Morozov, Davankova/Deputat, Vigalova/Zakroev and Fedorova/Miroshkin

not that bleak at all
so understandable the Fed doesnt seem too much at loss
with their statement regarding B/L loss and break up

anyanka

Record Breaker
If V/T continue that's great! Looking forward to seeing more from them. But I wonder if any win would compare to the high of taking double gold on home ice.
I did note that even looking at the most recent junior worlds results, Russian pairs came 2-3-4, losing only to the Chinese, so the future is looking bright for them with these coming up through the rankings.
Plus Stolbova / Klimov and Antipova / Maisuradze.
Yuko & Sasha until 2018? I could see that but I hope they'll be injury-free. She'll be 36 and he'll be 33 by then. But then again, Shen & Zhao won at ages 31 and 37, respectively. And would Moskvina still train them, or shift them over to either Vasiliev or Dmitriev?