Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership

hanca

Record Breaker
Was it really and truly necessary that you make 3 posts in a row to say the same thing? Would it really have been so difficult to merely add on to the first post using the handy edit tool?

sky_fly20 hoped that the more he/she will repeat it, the more it becomes truth. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that in life...

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Natalia ZABIJAKO looks like a strong skater, and she may have more personality than Vera. Rather than taller and potentially heavier for Yuri to throw and lift, I do think this new pair will do better. Also Natalia's partner looks weak, and didn't land the jumps. Yuri is lucky to have her.

nimi

Medalist
^ Is this interview the one that somebody already translated over at FSU? Containing gems like "He couldn't lift 43kg and blamed me for being too heavy, while he wouldn't go to the gym being afraid ruining his looks."

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
^ Is this interview the one that somebody already translated over at FSU? Containing gems like "He couldn't lift 43kg and blamed me for being too heavy, while he wouldn't go to the gym being afraid ruining his looks."

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Yes it is. I laughted so hard :laugh:

Snow63

Record Breaker
"I saw it coming. Alexandr thinks too highly of himself. In the USA where we trained he had a raw with everyone - from my friends till the director of the rink. He also was in bad terms with the coach Andrey Krukov, who helped us a lot. His temper is the main reason we had to leave the USA - no one could stand him in the rink. I won't even mention how he treated me.

He demanded the salary that the Estonian federation had to pay, otherwise he wouldnt' skate. His words: `am not going to glorify Estonia on my own expense'. Since the federation is not wealthy they still satisfied his demands. I earned 4 times less than him, but I took it since I really wanted to skate.
I was hurt and it was not not nice. During the year he got all he wanted: masseurs, trips, swimming pools. I had nothing of that -only he got those conditions. He couldn't lift 43kg and blamed me for being too heavy, while he wouldn't go to the gym being afraid ruining his looks.
During our last day in Japan I received an offer I couldn't refuse, yet I took a couple of days to think things over. During those 3 days I analized, remembered and thought how much it costed me to deal with Zaboev, made a decision and notified him. So it's not as if things were done behind his back as he claims.
In his statuses in social networks Zaboev describes how he was betrayed by my pairing up with Larionov. About moving to Moscow: I will try out with various partners and we'll decide together with Nina Mikhailovna Mozer what will happen. Of course the competition in Russian is huge and I'll have to work hard. I'm ready for that. At least I have a chance for success. I'm grateful to Estonian federation for all they did for me, but it's time to move on. As for Alexandr - I wish him to spend less time whining in the social networks and learn some social skills."

this is it

That is quite possibly the funniest article excerpt I've read in a long time, LOL. For her sake, I hope she is able to switch up; and leave her diva in the dust, haha

bsfan

On the Ice
I didn't care about B/L that much except wish B could get a better matching partner. Hope now she has the chance to get one. And I also hope Elena I can get a good partner, at least as good as K is to her. But what we talk here can't be considered of course. And we don't have more info about russian skaters.

there is a very tall pair skater he had several partners before. I don't remember his name. One of his partner was very tall and they were good as juniors. She quitted due to injury. They skated in st. petersburg.

I really hope Elena I can dance with Bukin. They will be very strong and better luck than I/K. The worst thing that I/K did was going to Morozov. Don't know whoes idea it was. There are many good coaches inside and outside of russia.

Snow63

Record Breaker
"I saw it coming. Alexandr thinks too highly of himself. In the USA where we trained he had a raw with everyone - from my friends till the director of the rink. He also was in bad terms with the coach Andrey Krukov, who helped us a lot. His temper is the main reason we had to leave the USA - no one could stand him in the rink. I won't even mention how he treated me.

He demanded the salary that the Estonian federation had to pay, otherwise he wouldnt' skate. His words: `am not going to glorify Estonia on my own expense'. Since the federation is not wealthy they still satisfied his demands. I earned 4 times less than him, but I took it since I really wanted to skate.
I was hurt and it was not not nice. During the year he got all he wanted: masseurs, trips, swimming pools. I had nothing of that -only he got those conditions. He couldn't lift 43kg and blamed me for being too heavy, while he wouldn't go to the gym being afraid ruining his looks.
During our last day in Japan I received an offer I couldn't refuse, yet I took a couple of days to think things over. During those 3 days I analized, remembered and thought how much it costed me to deal with Zaboev, made a decision and notified him. So it's not as if things were done behind his back as he claims.
In his statuses in social networks Zaboev describes how he was betrayed by my pairing up with Larionov. About moving to Moscow: I will try out with various partners and we'll decide together with Nina Mikhailovna Mozer what will happen. Of course the competition in Russian is huge and I'll have to work hard. I'm ready for that. At least I have a chance for success. I'm grateful to Estonian federation for all they did for me, but it's time to move on. As for Alexandr - I wish him to spend less time whining in the social networks and learn some social skills."

Now she should appreciate hunky truck driver. She's going to fly with him :popcorn:

tulosai

Record Breaker

tulosai

Record Breaker
Regarding the split with Davankova, Deputat says:

"The reason for the completion of our work with Davankova was that her size very recently increased, and, frankly, it was hard for me to perform some elements. All this I explained to our coach Sergei and to Davankova, and they reacted with great understanding. We parted on good terms."

Skater added that he does not know who will be skating with Davankova, but he is sure that she will find a partner, because she is a first rate athlete.