Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Ekaterina Bobrova & Dimitri Soloviev

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The required pattern dance in the SD next year is the Ravensburger Waltz, so Carmen will (thankfully I say) not be common for it. OTOH, Anna Karenina has a nice waltz in it...
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-17-2015 at 12:31 PM.

I wonder whether they would turn their FD into an SD. Obviously we haven't seen the FD yet, but for them it might be difficult choosing what to keep and what to cut out in terms of choreography.

That said, is there a possibility that there wasn't really much of a waltz at all in their FD?

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Rats! I bet you are right; but maybe they will rework Karenina into an SD? Then we would get to to see a bit of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I wonder whether they would turn their FD into an SD. Obviously we haven't seen the FD yet, but for them it might be difficult choosing what to keep and what to cut out in terms of choreography.

That said, is there a possibility that there wasn't really much of a waltz at all in their FD?
    They will use it as FD. Katia confirmed it herself. But they will re-work the dance, it was also stated by her. Maybe not completely but they will change something.
    Last edited by Snow63; 02-17-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Custom Title
    See, after last season and the way the original Birds music was changed & the choreo meddled with, any mention of re-working makes me nervous

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    See, after last season and the way the original Birds music was changed & the choreo meddled with, any mention of re-working makes me nervous
    I probably wasn't too clear, by re-working she meant 'make the dance more difficult', not re-working choreo, music etc. I'll try to find direct quote.

Here it is:
    Не поверите, но я закрываю глаза и вижу, представляю, как мы катаемся, и как зрители нас принимают. Но ничего не поделаешь: что есть, то есть, и кто знает, как будет складываться ситуация. Возможно, нам придется пропустить этот сезон, и тогда наш произвольный танец оставим на следующий год. Но это решать тренерам. Если они согласятся, то усложним программу, потому что фактически ее никто не видел. А те из специалистов, которые видели, в один голос сказали, что танец понравился.
    Last edited by Snow63; 02-18-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Yeah I think if it's just about adding transitions and stuff that's great because they'll have more time to get used to it assuming he's healing up. And this will make it so that they can skate it better and hopefully get amazing PCS and tech!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Are those recent? Are they on the ice again???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Are those recent? Are they on the ice again???
    It's from a couple of weeks ago. I expect he was skating with a knee brace like he did in the Sochi anniversary show around the same time. The last I heard was an interview with Ekaterina when they confirmed they wouldn't do anything for the rest of the season - I can't find the link now, but she said something like they'd been gradually starting work again, but not pushing it too much as Dimitri's knee is still not fully recovered & if they go too quickly it will just cause them bigger problems.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    I expect he was skating with a knee brace like he did in the Sochi anniversary show around the same time.
    He did, you can see that he's wearing it below his trousers in the 2nd and 3rd picture.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20