Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 All Time Richest Figure Skaters in the World

Custom Title

News Top 10 All Time Richest Figure Skaters in the World

http://i.imgur.com/YWEqJrI.jpg

Kim Yuna is the most earning diva from the figure skating , Evgeni Plushenko also made his name among all time rich ice skaters .
    http://www.tsmplay.com/top10/richest...s-of-all-time/

They are all rich. The first time I see Mao name in this kind of list though

Yuna, the youngest, used to be the poorest, now the richest, what a legend she is
    Last edited by nguyenghita; 12-11-2014 at 03:36 AM.

Custom Title
    If you adjust for inflation etc. I would bet the real prizewinner would be Sonja Henie, who was also, I believe, notoriously cheap. C'est la vie. :(

On the Ice
    I would have thought that Brian Orser would have made the list being such a successful coach...? I guess I was wrong

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gravy View Post
    According to Forbes (which I trust more than this site without any sort of credentials), Yuna was ranked the fourth highest paid female athlete by earning $16 million this last year. Still level of money.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ekgkk/4-kim-yuna/

Just a tiny correction, Mao is actually the youngest on the list by a couple of weeks.
    Oh you're right, she was born in late September.

No media has believable source for this kind of stuff, but they are not totally wrong either, just for knowledge.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post

Yuna, the youngest, used to be the poorest, now the richest, what a legend she is

The poorest? Did she have to leave her family at the age of eleven and live in a slum with the worst of the worst just to get training? Did she have to pick up glass bottles and exchange them for coins just so she could eat?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

The poorest? Did she have to leave her family at the age of eleven and live in a slum with the worst of the worst just to get training? Did she have to pick up glass bottles and exchange them for coins just so she could eat?
    Among all skater at her time from Japan, US, Europe ... yes she was the poorest all around, especially in training environment. Anymore question?
    Last edited by nguyenghita; 12-11-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post
    Among all skater at her time from Japan, US, Europe ... yes she was the poorest all around, especially in training environment. Anymore question?
    I strongly suggest you familiarise yourself with Evgeni Plushenko.

i don't know if that article is articulate anyway..

poorest probably in korea when she started..

Custom Title
    I strongly suggest you familiarise yourself with Evgeni Plushenko.
    He was already under a top coach Alexei Mishin at the age of 11, so I doubt he suffered from any poor training stuffs in his competitive career.

Among all the top skater, Yuna obviously came from the poorest supporting FS country, it's so easy to see she struggled the most as well as had all the disadvantage than her competitors. As rich as now, she still have to practice at the old, damaged ice rink, share with all kind of athletes. What's your argument here?
    Last edited by nguyenghita; 12-11-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Happy Holidays to you! sunny_stars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    i don't know if that article is articulate anyway..

poorest probably in korea when she started..
    not sure about this though. although her father did have to close down his business and her mom having a less financially-stable job, I don't think her family was the poorest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    not sure about this though. although her father did have to close down his business and her mom having a less financially-stable job, I don't think her family was the poorest.
    Her mother is a full time housewife, she didn't have any job since married.

Anyway I didn't mean her family financial was the poorest in the world or even in her country, I mean compare to many of her rivals from the rich country in FS world who been strongly supported from their federation, the fact that she and her family struggled all alone without any help was the most poorest thing.
    Last edited by nguyenghita; 12-11-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    so what's the difference?? she had ZERO financial support compared to anyone.. especially how expensive figure skating is.. and not mention korea had ZERO reputation on this sport..

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    If you adjust for inflation etc. I would bet the real prizewinner would be Sonja Henie, who was also, I believe, notoriously cheap. C'est la vie. :(
    Henie's net worth was reportedly about US$ 50,000,000 when she died in 1969. That's about $300,000,000 in today's dollars.

This list is fake. Mao Asada has never disclosed her earnings, not even the Japanese media knows.
    Last edited by Minze2001; 12-11-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    This list is fake. Mao Asada has never disclose her earnings, not even the Japanese media knows.
    Agree, plus I read an article about Mao worth $5 million back in 2009. I doubt she would still be worth that amount now without an increase.

Bottom line, no one besides Mao and her people knows how much she's worth.
    Last edited by Franklin99; 12-11-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast