What's next for Patrick Chan? | Page 17 | Golden Skate

What's next for Patrick Chan?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, if Patrick wants to come back (and go for 2018?!), that's up to him. I'll believe it when I see him in competition. ;) Maybe another World title is a good goal for him. He has a shot if he skates clean and his his more ambitious competitors make mistakes. I don't think he has the motivation to make it all the way to the next Olympics, but we'll see.

Alba

Record Breaker
Chan finds joy in sport after Olympic stress

"I don't want to be 35 and be like, 'Oh my god. I should have gone to those third Games when I had a chance to and was healthy enough to compete,'" Chan said. "I don't want to regret it when I'm older that I could have gone to a third Games and I just chose not to go because I just wanted to close that chapter of my life.
"I would love to go to the Games. It's sure a unique experience. There's nothing else in life that's like it."

http://www2.canada.com/saskatoonsta...l?id=2b9500ab-e073-4410-8bc7-909eac13d36c&p=2

JayW

Final Flight

"I don't want to be 35 and be like, 'Oh my god. I should have gone to those third Games when I had a chance to and was healthy enough to compete,'" Chan said. "I don't want to regret it when I'm older that I could have gone to a third Games and I just chose not to go because I just wanted to close that chapter of my life.
"I would love to go to the Games. It's sure a unique experience. There's nothing else in life that's like it."

http://www2.canada.com/saskatoonsta...l?id=2b9500ab-e073-4410-8bc7-909eac13d36c&p=2

Good for him!

Icey

Record Breaker

That's fine if his expectations are realistic. I have often wondered if Kwan really thought her dream of a gold was possible at her third Olympics.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I believe, to this day, that Michelle could've taken Torino if she were healthy. Especially considering the way everyone else skated. I almost feel like that's why she got injured... because Olympic gold never was in the cards for her, she ended up injured in the Olympics where she would've won (I know, weird superstition, but with the way things panned out...)

Back to Patrick: Well, I'm happy he got over the disappointment at Sochi. Looking at past history, few people have been competitive at 27 in singles. But it all depends on what happens to him, and the rest of the field. I don't feel like Olympic gold is in the cards for him, but he can continue to stay on the medal stand.