Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Results 316 to 327 of 327

Thread: What's next for Patrick Chan?

  1. #316
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,217
    In this interview he mentions possibly coming back for the 2016 Worlds in Boston.

  2. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    well theres no denying that he's a great skater but maybe you(among others) should take your own advice into account and stop tearing down another skater's succes just to prove your point that chan is the best
    Exactly especialy when he constantly disrespects Plushenko who is FAR more accomplished and legendary a skater than Chan is, or likely ever will be (and who unlike Chan has no controversy attached to even one of his medals). He also tears down Plushenko for a few of his comments and so called attitude when he downplays the sigificance of Chan's bad attitude and poor sportsmanship in his general unpopularity. Hypocritical logic at its finest.

  3. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    In this interview he mentions possibly coming back for the 2016 Worlds in Boston.
    That sounds like a good plan for him IMO. Ideally I would like to see him come back for the 2015 fall grand prix, but that is up to him. I do think taking a year off is wise. As I said I dont think he will ultimately return, but if he does sometime in the 2015-2016 season is best. Coming back for the Olympic season only is too late. Coming back in 2016-2017 could work, but is more of a risk. Taking 2014-2015 off is wise for him if he plans on continuing though. He seems burnt out and tired at the moment.

  4. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    And I might add that Hanyu fell twice? and still managed to win? Where's the hate being thrown at him?
    Hanyu had 2 mistakes over 2 programs, while Chan had 5. It is little wonder there isnt any controversy over his win. BTW for Hanyu's triple flip to be called a fall and not Chan's 2nd quad or double axel doesnt make much sense anyway. His not getting any credit for the 2nd jump of a jump sequence he did since he might have barely put his foot down on the first jump and losing atleast 6 points over that is also silly. Thank goodness such silly technicalities did not cost him the gold in the end.

  5. #320
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Exactly especialy when he constantly disrespects Plushenko who is FAR more accomplished and legendary a skater than Chan is, or likely ever will be (and who unlike Chan has no controversy attached to even one of his medals). He also tears down Plushenko for a few of his comments and so called attitude when he downplays the sigificance of Chan's bad attitude and poor sportsmanship in his general unpopularity. Hypocritical logic at its finest.
    Okay, keep drinking your own Kool-aid, buddy.

  6. #321
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    Well, if Patrick wants to come back (and go for 2018?!), that's up to him. I'll believe it when I see him in competition. Maybe another World title is a good goal for him. He has a shot if he skates clean and his his more ambitious competitors make mistakes. I don't think he has the motivation to make it all the way to the next Olympics, but we'll see.

  7. #322
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,251
    Chan finds joy in sport after Olympic stress

    "I don't want to be 35 and be like, 'Oh my god. I should have gone to those third Games when I had a chance to and was healthy enough to compete,'" Chan said. "I don't want to regret it when I'm older that I could have gone to a third Games and I just chose not to go because I just wanted to close that chapter of my life.
    "I would love to go to the Games. It's sure a unique experience. There's nothing else in life that's like it."

    http://www2.canada.com/saskatoonstar...9eac13d36c&p=2

  8. #323
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Chan finds joy in sport after Olympic stress

    "I don't want to be 35 and be like, 'Oh my god. I should have gone to those third Games when I had a chance to and was healthy enough to compete,'" Chan said. "I don't want to regret it when I'm older that I could have gone to a third Games and I just chose not to go because I just wanted to close that chapter of my life.
    "I would love to go to the Games. It's sure a unique experience. There's nothing else in life that's like it."

    http://www2.canada.com/saskatoonstar...9eac13d36c&p=2
    Good for him!

  9. #324
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    45
    He is inspiring.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Good for him!

  10. #325
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post
    He is inspiring.
    That he always learns something or finds something positive with every experience is a quality I appreciate very much. He is open to new insights despite all preconceptions or expectations. May he keep growing as a person.

  11. #326
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Chan finds joy in sport after Olympic stress

    "I don't want to be 35 and be like, 'Oh my god. I should have gone to those third Games when I had a chance to and was healthy enough to compete,'" Chan said. "I don't want to regret it when I'm older that I could have gone to a third Games and I just chose not to go because I just wanted to close that chapter of my life.
    "I would love to go to the Games. It's sure a unique experience. There's nothing else in life that's like it."

    http://www2.canada.com/saskatoonstar...9eac13d36c&p=2
    That's fine if his expectations are realistic. I have often wondered if Kwan really thought her dream of a gold was possible at her third Olympics.

  12. #327
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    I believe, to this day, that Michelle could've taken Torino if she were healthy. Especially considering the way everyone else skated. I almost feel like that's why she got injured... because Olympic gold never was in the cards for her, she ended up injured in the Olympics where she would've won (I know, weird superstition, but with the way things panned out...)

    Back to Patrick: Well, I'm happy he got over the disappointment at Sochi. Looking at past history, few people have been competitive at 27 in singles. But it all depends on what happens to him, and the rest of the field. I don't feel like Olympic gold is in the cards for him, but he can continue to stay on the medal stand.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •