Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zijun Li's Future

Rinkside

Zijun Li's Future

I am worried about Zijun. I've had my eyes on her and been rooting for her since the last year's Worlds where she showed us her wonderful rendition of Sleeping Beauty with charm and grace. With China's hosting next year's Worlds in Shanghai, I hope she recovers fast from whatever it is and gets back on the track. She has too much excellent qualities as a skater to just fade out into nothingness imo. I want her to become the next Lu Chen for China and hopefully her federation can support her more with coaching and training situations. Could Orser take her under his charge and help her as he did with Yuna?

Custom Title
    Orser has too many pupils as it is. Her coach also coaches Han Yan. Are there no other coaches in China available? Yes, she may have grown a few inches, gained a couple pounds, so it's natural that she needs time to adjust. But it's not just the jumps that are worrisome. She needs to enjoy skating, because right now, it really shows on her face just how nervous she is. Taking this chance to improve her musicality wouldn't hurt, but who knows.

Custom Title
    Her performance was awful today. It's as if she was just going through the motions. After last season, many posters were raving about what a lyrical skater she is, but I just don't see it! Her presentation is sloppy and lifeless.

Her main problem is that she has no speed or power. Her jumps get no height and are prone to being underrotated.

Banned
    Zijun needs better skating skills to start
    her growth has made her skating and stroking slower

I think her mentally is not strong enough... She has to be confident in herself, when you were watching her skate today, she just doesn't enjoy it and didn't even crack a fake smile...The spark of 2013 wc is lost, I really hope she will toughen up because I was rooting for her after 2013 worlds. This is her weibo : http://weibo.com/u/1911237367, she deleted all her posts and wrote : This is the last time. I don't know why but i think it is because the harsh comments on her...e.g. she should be practicing but not posting photos, she is an athlete not a star so she shouldn't post many selfies etc.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    I think her mentally is not strong enough... She has to be confident in herself, when you were watching her skate today, she just doesn't enjoy it and didn't even crack a fake smile...The spark of 2013 wc is lost, I really hope she will toughen up because I was rooting for her after 2013 worlds. This is her weibo : http://weibo.com/u/1911237367, she deleted all her posts and wrote : This is the last time. I don't know why but i think it is because the harsh comments on her...e.g. she should be practicing but not posting photos, she is an athlete not a star so she shouldn't post many selfies etc.
    So, maybe she's had too much distraction this season? I know she was going thru growth spurts and some kind of sickness during the past summer, but I didn't expect her to do this badly in the Worlds. I am truly sorry for her...

On the Ice
    i am not a fan of her but i read from a Chinese discussion forum that she did not have very effective and well-organized training for the couple of months leading up to Sochi (coping with growing, sickness, rumored strained relationships with coaches, ect). so what we have seen today is the result of lack of training, imho. i hope she has learned from this and show us better programs on home ground next year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elee63 View Post
    Orser has too many pupils as it is. Her coach also coaches Han Yan. Are there no other coaches in China available? Yes, she may have grown a few inches, gained a couple pounds, so it's natural that she needs time to adjust. But it's not just the jumps that are worrisome. She needs to enjoy skating, because right now, it really shows on her face just how nervous she is. Taking this chance to improve her musicality wouldn't hurt, but who knows.
    Changing coach might be good at this point of her career, as for Han Yan too. I think their coach has no idea how to push them to the next level both technical and mentally.

I wonder, if she switch to Lu Chen, she might get the coach who at least know how to cope with the competitions.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Changing coach might be good at this point of her career, as for Han Yan too. I think their coach has no idea how to push them to the next level both technical and mentally.

I wonder, if she switch to Lu Chen, she might get the coach who at least know how to cope with the competitions.
    i also hope they would be able to switch to a better coach who would push them to the next level, there is no way it would be Lu Chen though, who does not seem to stay on top of the current rules, as demonstrated from her commentary job for cctv during Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CPWest View Post
    i also hope they would be able to switch to a better coach who would push them to the next level, there is no way it would be Lu Chen though, who does not seem to stay on top of the current rules, as demonstrated from her commentary job for cctv during Sochi.
    That's strange. She has quite a few high level skaters. And from what I saw, she's pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elistra View Post
    So, maybe she's had too much distraction this season? I know she was going thru growth spurts and some kind of sickness during the past summer, but I didn't expect her to do this badly in the Worlds. I am truly sorry for her...
    This happened after the sp when she posted that she felt pressure during the sp and tried to let it go. She in fact was going through growth spurt and has many kinds of illness like bronchitis and allergy to medication as i rmb cuz she deleted all her posts :(

Custom Title
    She needs to move abroad to train and gets away from the protection around her. Athletes in China train and eat without having to worry about much and naturally they are not as mature as their contemporaries in the west.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I think it is too early to say Zijun is done. Wasn't she injured? Didn't she just survive a major grow spurt? Let's just wait and see what she can do next year. She is in the fortunate position that China's field isn't that deep. So she has time to get herself and her body motivated again.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    That's strange. She has quite a few high level skaters. And from what I saw, she's pretty good too.
    if those skaters are not on the national scene, i am not aware of them. i did not follow Lu Chen's post-athlete career. i only know that she is running an ice rink in south China. it was no secret in the Chinese figure skating community that she was not on good terms with her prior coach Li Mingzhu (current coach of Li Zijun) when they ended their partnerships decades ago, which obviously still haunts her these days that she was spreading negative words/sentiments via weibo (Chinese version of the Twitter) to Li Zijun and Zhang Kexin (both girls had bitter words about Li's coaching sometimes) in the weeks leading to Sochi. For me, such move was really low and i doubt Chen's capability to coach high-level athletes.

Custom Title
    She is super young! Tuktamysheva and she are still contenders..Give her time. Sotnikova was written off too often too

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast