Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Figure Skating books

Quote Originally Posted by Rossig View Post
    Has anybody read Ice Cream: Thirty of the Most Interesting Skaters in History by Toller Cranston? I would really like to read it. I'm really curious what he thinks about other skaters.
    I have and it was great. I've read another book by him, too.. I think it was called When Hell Freezes Over. It was quite awhile ago. I want to read Rudy Galindo's book but I haven't got around to ordering it. I'm still not big on ordering print books from Amazon, which seems to be the only place I can get it, because the last time I did they took months to show up. I've read Hamill's and enjoyed it, and Manley's Thumbs Up! The two books by Brasseur and Eisler were also very good, and although I didn't watch him much as a skater, I was given Jumpin' Joe by Jozef Sabovcik and enjoyed it. I also have Josee Chouinard's book, which was okay, but not as interesting as the others I've mentioned.

Toller Cranston's Zero Tolerance

Lots and lots of gossip (such as certain attached skaters sleeping with their Brazilian bodyguards on tour) and silly tidbits such as wearing gray makes you lose the OGM

No bull....

On the other hand, he was a fervent admirer of the greatest figures skater ever Trixie Schuba. Many good insights interlaced with a lot of silliness.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Toller Cranston's Zero Tolerance

Lots and lots of gossip (such as certain attached skaters sleeping with their Brazilian bodyguards on tour) and silly tidbits such as wearing gray makes you lose the OGM
    No one told Adelina that.

Which skaters with which Brazilian bodyguards?!

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    No one told Adelina that.

Which skaters with which Brazilian bodyguards?!
    Read the book I read it 16/17 years ago so I don't remember the details, but they were touring in Brazil. Because of security issues, all the skaters had bodyguards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2