Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I just wanted to say, I'm happy that Kaitlyn and Andrew aren't competing at Skate Canada. We all have seen what happened there last season. Not inviting reigning Canadian Champion to Gala Ex is a nasty move and I wouldn't like to see ditching WeaPo just beacuse V/M did better. At least in other countires they will be judged only by their skills and performance without inside politicking. All the best for WeaPo! :cheer:

Spiral

Final Flight
I just wanted to say, I'm happy that Kaitlyn and Andrew aren't competing at Skate Canada. We all have seen what happened there last season. Not inviting reigning Canadian Champion to Gala Ex is a nasty move and I wouldn't like to see ditching WeaPo just beacuse V/M did better. At least in other countires they will be judged only by their skills and performance without inside politicking. All the best for WeaPo! :cheer:

I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant about them not having been invited to the gala after SC. I'm pretty sure I saw them skate in the gala to Louis Armstrong's Romeo & Juliet, and it would have been strange if they hadn't been invited, considering that they'd won the event.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant about them not having been invited to the gala after SC. I'm pretty sure I saw them skate in the gala to Louis Armstrong's Romeo & Juliet, and it would have been strange if they hadn't been invited, considering that they'd won the event.

I think cathlen meant Nam Nguyen not being invited to the gala at Skate Canada International 2015. FWIW I think Skate Canada said it's not up to them to decide who is invited, it's the ISU who decides.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think cathlen meant Nam Nguyen not being invited to the gala at Skate Canada International 2015. FWIW I think Skate Canada said it's not up to them to decide who is invited, it's the ISU who decides.

That's excatly what I meant :) Thanks for the info, but I don't really believe them. ISU decides? That's weird considering it's Skate Canda who's inviting skaters to skate, so why would ISU decide about Gala? :confused:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
That's excatly what I meant :) Thanks for the info, but I don't really believe them. ISU decides? That's weird considering it's Skate Canda who's inviting skaters to skate, so why would ISU decide about Gala? :confused:

This is not a fact, but from what I've seen I think the ISU has a say in who goes to galas. I noticed this particularly at the WJC Gala, where a confusing number of countries were represented - some over represented while some had no representation at all. I can see the ISU allowing Skate Canada to have Kaetlyn (OSM team event) and Gabby (national champion, Olympic competitor) and then saying "Well there are too many Canadians what with your medallists so that's enough Canadian skaters." So Nam could've been left off due to the medallists and ladies. This is speculation on my part, mind you, but this was something I had thought that might explain that bizarre situation.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This is not a fact, but from what I've seen I think the ISU has a say in who goes to galas. I noticed this particularly at the WJC Gala, where a confusing number of countries were represented - some over represented while some had no representation at all. I can see the ISU allowing Skate Canada to have Kaetlyn (OSM team event) and Gabby (national champion, Olympic competitor) and then saying "Well there are too many Canadians what with your medallists so that's enough Canadian skaters." So Nam could've been left off due to the medallists and ladies. This is speculation on my part, mind you, but this was something I had thought that might explain that bizarre situation.

At JWC that makes sense, since it's ISU Championships, but less in Skate Canada. But you're probably right it was about Canadians being over represented, though I'm not sure other GP holders care about things like that :rolleye: Nam was not only National Champion but also 5th at last Worlds then, so he definitely deserved to perform. Sorry for the OT.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm confused. The national champion was Chan, Nam was 5th.

Is the rest of skaters who finished fifth were invited to the gala and Nam not?
Nam was 2015 Canadian Champion. Patrick Chan didn't compete in season 2014/2015 at all. I wasn't talking about winners at Skate Canada Grand Prix. Take a look at schedule for Gala and you will see for yourself what I'm talking about. And why I'm happy WeaPo are spared from inside politicking.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Wow, coach change is a big shocker to me. So did they switch already? Or we get to know after their vacation?

moon

On the Ice
I have always been surprised that they didn't get on the first bus out of town with P/I.

Spiral

Final Flight
What coach change? :shocked:

I'm also very surprised. I tried to find any information about this, to no avail.

On the homepage of their website it says: "In January 2008, they relocated to Toronto to train under Shae-Lynn Bourne, the 2003 World Champion. The following year, they shifted their training base to the Detroit Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan to receive additional coaching from Pasquale Camerlengo and Anjelika Krylova where they continue to train today." http://www.weaverpoje.com/wp/ (2nd paragraph)

On their twitter account there’s nothing about coaching change, and there’s this post on July 4: "Kaitlyn / Andrew ‏@WeaverPoje Jul 4 weaverpojesk8's photo https://instagram.com/p/BHcLbZnDIXC/ HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN ANGELIKA!"
https://twitter.com/WeaverPoje?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

There’s nothing on Facebook either.

ht tp://www.weaverpoje. com/wp/
ht tps://twitter. com/WeaverPoje?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Marta25

Medalist
There were some pics of Kaitlyn and Andrew with Amodio and Morozov. That`s how these rumors started that they are switching to Morozov. I hope not though. I agree that they maybe need someone else, but I would like Morozov to stay far, far away from skaters I like. Maybe Platov could be an option? I think he is now coaching in Florida.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
pics with amodio and morozov? not enough to imply a coaching change... I am sure they know morozov a lot from working with bourne.... I don't really think they would switch coaches at this point, at this point in the quad..... but if they did, I would vote for Carol Lane... that would be quite a bold move. All the other coaches have way too many teams already, and not sure would do better than the current situation.
There were some pics of Kaitlyn and Andrew with Amodio and Morozov. That`s how these rumors started that they are switching to Morozov. I hope not though. I agree that they maybe need someone else, but I would like Morozov to stay far, far away from skaters I like. Maybe Platov could be an option? I think he is now coaching in Florida.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Some Russian fans say it is almost certain that they switch, to whom I wonder?
You got me scared. I've seen rumours about the supposed change, but nothing confirmed and your post implied they already changed coaches :dev2: Please be more precise next time. It would be weird for them to wish Angelika birthday wishes publicily when changing coaches, don't you think? Maybe they're just getting choreo from Morozov? I also agree with 4everchan that at this point it doesn't make sense. I actually thought they were Florent guests at his camp, but that's just a wild guess.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Look this discussion took place at this very topic back in April already so I thought one of you guys might clarify the situation. No need to panic. If there is no news then there is no news.
You got me scared. I've seen rumours about the supposed change, but nothing confirmed and your post implied they already changed coaches :dev2: Please be more precise next time. It would be weird for them to wish Angelika birthday wishes publicily when changing coaches, don't you think? Maybe they're just getting choreo from Morozov? I also agree with 4everchan that at this point it doesn't make sense. I actually thought they were Florent guests at his camp, but that's just a wild guess.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kaitlyn grew up in Texas. AFAIR- if I am remembering correctly, it is not surprising that she learned Spanish!