Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

Spiral

Final Flight
No, they have not announced their music yet. There is a rumor that their FD is to Chopin, but it's not confirmed in any way.

I hope this rumor is true. I'd have loved to see them skate to Chopin! :2thumbs:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Nikolai Morozov is participating in HPC. He gave a short interview with PJ Kwong:

https://www.facebook.com/160862723932173/videos/1280205751997859/
Thank you! You know what... I think it would have been strange if the question about season goals would be adressed to somebody who's just a choreographer for new programs, what you think?

UPD:" I just had it confirmed through Skate Canada that he has joined the coaching team." (PJKwong in the comment to the video.)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i love black velvet... such a great song.. I think it will suit them very well

slider11

Medalist
A message form IFS: https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazin...78550292537/10155137150357538/?type=3&theater So Morozov is in and they moved, but they did not leave Angelika and Pasquale as some of the rumours suggested. I must say I'm happy about the arrangment, hope they will show some new quality in their programs this season :)

SD music is: Black Velvet by Alannah Myles and Swingin’ by LeAnn Rimes

Wow...I wonder how that works? They live and train in NJ with Morozov but are still with Angelika and Pasquale? So Morozov does choreo and oversee training. And A and P does....? Strange.

Astrid56

Final Flight
Wow...I wonder how that works? They live and train in NJ with Morozov but are still with Angelika and Pasquale? So Morozov does choreo and oversee training. And A and P does....? Strange.

The arrangement makes sense particularly if Morozov is based in Russia and they're training there(?). Morozov is bona-fide ice-dance coach so it would be much easier for him to work also as their coach if he choreographed their dance.

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
The arrangement makes sense particularly if Morozov is based in Russia and they're training there(?). Morozov is bona-fide ice-dance coach so it would be much easier for him to work also as their coach if he choreographed their dance.
As it has been said before, Morozov is currently based in New Jersey, USA. Or is he there only for the summer? From what I understood, Weaver/Poje have been training with Morozov in New Jersey this summer.

Last edited:

Astrid56

Final Flight
As it has been said before, Morozov is currently based in New Jersey, USA. Or is he there only for the summer? From what I understood, Weaver/Poje have been training with Morozov in New Jersey this summer.

Still, it makes sense for them to have Morozov coached them, particularly if he choreographed the program. As the dance choreographer, he'd have a better handle of the appropriate placements of the required dance technical elements, etc.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
honestly, i just love them and i don't care who the coach is or where they train... i just want them to ROCK IT ! GO WEAPO!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Still, it makes sense for them to have Morozov coached them, particularly if he choreographed the program. As the dance choreographer, he'd have a better handle of the appropriate placements of the required dance technical elements, etc.
And Krylova (a long time ice dancer and ice dancing coach), Camerlengo (a former ice dancer and long time ice dance choreographer) and Bourne (a former ice dancer and choreographer) would not/don't know how to appropriately place technical elements? Even when W/P got outside choreography they also worked on those prorams with their usual team to add, polish and correct things.

Astrid56

Final Flight
And Krylova (a long time ice dancer and ice dancing coach), Camerlengo (a former ice dancer and long time ice dance choreographer) and Bourne (a former ice dancer and choreographer) would not/don't know how to appropriately place technical elements? Even when W/P got outside choreography they also worked on those prorams with their usual team to add, polish and correct things.

I am not saying that K/C would not know how to do that. I'm simply saying that the coach who choreographed the program would tend to be more in tune with the piece that he himself designed or choreographed. I would also say W/P probably felt more confident working out the technical/artistic details with the coach _ in this case Morozov_ who designed the particular program for them.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
WeaPo is not one entry list of Nepela Memorial. So either they go to Finlandia or they're skpping Challengers. :think: