Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to introduce myself

Champion Skater (Vicariously)

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hey there Goldenskaters!!!

I'm new to the message board and I just wanted to say hi. I've been a fan of figure skating since I was teeny and I have followed almost every competition since the early 90's. I'm not much of a skater myself, but I trained seriously in ballet up untill i was 15 so I guess my interests were peaked because of the artistry of the sport.

I probably wont be posting any controversial threads until I've earned my stripes... no body likes the new kid coming in and acting like they know whats what right.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Elizabeth

Luv Deep Edges!

Greetings

Longhornliz -.

Welcome!! I think you'll like it here. Some posters are more emotional, some more analytical, others just darned entertaining - there is a range of personalities and viewpoints that I think you'll like.

I am also a former dancer (a guy) and appreciate the dance aspects of the sport. Lady skaters should thank the skating gods that they didn't have to deal with pointe shoes - to this day I don't know how you girls do it!

Welcome again and happy posting - Tenorguy

Custom Title
    Hey! Welcome to the board! I was never a dancer, but it is the artistic side of the sport that keeps me enthralled as well. Also, I encourage you to jump right in...you'll definitely be welcomed. I'd say 95% of the people on Goldenskate are extremely friendly and easy to converse with.

Hi, Liz. Pleased to meet you. Jump on in!

Mathman

Hi and welcome, don't hold back say what you think. No matter the topic, everyone has their thoughts. That's what makes it interesting.

On the Ice
    Hi Longhornliz! I lurk here very often, but don't post too much. I'm a former dancer as well and love the "ballet" side to figure skating. I hope you feel welcome here. I always have, which is not something that I can say about every figureskating board. People here are generally pretty open, kind, though-provoking. :D

Hey Longhorn, welcome to GS........jump right in when you feel like it........there's no "pecking order" here............ 42

Welcome Longhornliz! I'm an old dancer and an old skater.

Custom Title
    Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Liz, are you a Texas football fan? If so, here a "hook'em Horns' just for you! Welcome.

dpp

What would Brian Boitano do?
    Welcome to Goldenskate, Liz, from a fellow Austinite!

welcome to teh board! I'll move this over to the Le Cafe now as it's more of a general topic! Please jump right in and get into the discussions!

Rebecca
    See, I was wondering if you people did the whole "newbie thread" thing around here. I see that you do.

Well hello, Longhornliz. I'm also new, and it's a bit of a relief to see that you got such a charming reception.

I don't skate myself... in truth, I can hardly stand up on skates. But I used to love watching skating when I was younger, and followed it until Salt Lake City. Then I stopped until recently, when I accidentally came across the mens free skate at the Worlds, and I really really liked a few of the skaters, so I decided that I'd start paying attention again. My timing was unfortunate since the season ended, but whatever. I'll just play catchup so that I know what is going on when they start back up again.

I'm more of a tennis fan than a skating fan... so although this isn't my first time posting on a messageboard, it is my first time posting on one that isn't tennis related.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Rebecca,
    I'm another one of those people who can't stand up on skates, but enjoy watching the grace of the sport. It doesn't stop me from having opinions, and what is so nice about GS is that I don't see the type of flaming and bashing that I've seen between fans of different skaters that I've seen while lurking on some other boards. Welcome aboard!

Hi Rebecca....Glad you popped in to say Hi! Hope you stay and welcome to GS.......42

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast