Just wanted to introduce myself | Golden Skate

Just wanted to introduce myself

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Hey there Goldenskaters!!!

I'm new to the message board and I just wanted to say hi. I've been a fan of figure skating since I was teeny and I have followed almost every competition since the early 90's. I'm not much of a skater myself, but I trained seriously in ballet up untill i was 15 so I guess my interests were peaked because of the artistry of the sport.

I probably wont be posting any controversial threads until I've earned my stripes... no body likes the new kid coming in and acting like they know whats what right.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Elizabeth

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Greetings

Longhornliz -.

Welcome!! I think you'll like it here. Some posters are more emotional, some more analytical, others just darned entertaining - there is a range of personalities and viewpoints that I think you'll like.

I am also a former dancer (a guy) and appreciate the dance aspects of the sport. Lady skaters should thank the skating gods that they didn't have to deal with pointe shoes - to this day I don't know how you girls do it!

Welcome again and happy posting - Tenorguy

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Hey! Welcome to the board! I was never a dancer, but it is the artistic side of the sport that keeps me enthralled as well. Also, I encourage you to jump right in...you'll definitely be welcomed. I'd say 95% of the people on Goldenskate are extremely friendly and easy to converse with.

Jhar55

Medalist
Hi and welcome, don't hold back say what you think. No matter the topic, everyone has their thoughts. That's what makes it interesting.

imanta

Rinkside
Hi Longhornliz! I lurk here very often, but don't post too much. I'm a former dancer as well and love the "ballet" side to figure skating. I hope you feel welcome here. I always have, which is not something that I can say about every figureskating board. People here are generally pretty open, kind, though-provoking. :D

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hey Longhorn, welcome to GS........jump right in when you feel like it........there's no "pecking order" here............:) 42

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Liz, are you a Texas football fan? If so, here a "hook'em Horns' just for you! Welcome.

dpp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
welcome to teh board! I'll move this over to the Le Cafe now as it's more of a general topic! :) Please jump right in and get into the discussions!

R

Rebecca

See, I was wondering if you people did the whole "newbie thread" thing around here. I see that you do.

Well hello, Longhornliz. I'm also new, and it's a bit of a relief to see that you got such a charming reception.

I don't skate myself... in truth, I can hardly stand up on skates. But I used to love watching skating when I was younger, and followed it until Salt Lake City. Then I stopped until recently, when I accidentally came across the mens free skate at the Worlds, and I really really liked a few of the skaters, so I decided that I'd start paying attention again. My timing was unfortunate since the season ended, but whatever. I'll just play catchup so that I know what is going on when they start back up again.

I'm more of a tennis fan than a skating fan... so although this isn't my first time posting on a messageboard, it is my first time posting on one that isn't tennis related.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Rebecca,
I'm another one of those people who can't stand up on skates, but enjoy watching the grace of the sport. It doesn't stop me from having opinions, and what is so nice about GS is that I don't see the type of flaming and bashing that I've seen between fans of different skaters that I've seen while lurking on some other boards. Welcome aboard!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hi Rebecca....Glad you popped in to say Hi! Hope you stay and welcome to GS.......42

R

Rebecca

bronxgirl said:
Rebecca,
I'm another one of those people who can't stand up on skates, but enjoy watching the grace of the sport. It doesn't stop me from having opinions, and what is so nice about GS is that I don't see the type of flaming and bashing that I've seen between fans of different skaters that I've seen while lurking on some other boards. Welcome aboard!

Naturally... the sport that I follow most (tennis) isn't one that I play either, and trust me, I'm full of opinions about it :D

I only lurked for an hour before signing up. It seemed pretty clean and well monitored here, so I thought that I would give it a go.

It's nice to see that people can actually criticize a skater's performance on ice without getting all personal about it... people on the tennis boards I post on could learn a thing or two about that ;)

R

Rebecca

show 42 said:
Hi Rebecca....Glad you popped in to say Hi! Hope you stay and welcome to GS.......42

Thanks.

Sorry to steal some of your thunder, Longhornliz ;)