Weaver & Poje in 2014-2015
This is a thread to talk about Weaver & Poje next season and what their goals will be, what they might achieve, what kind of programs you would like to see them come up with, and anything else.
I would think their biggest goals are the 4 following things:
1. Win their first ever grand prix title. This one they should be able to do and would be a huge dissapointment if they dont. They will likely be assigned Skate Canada and I&K and C&L wont be able to be there as top 3 seeds, so would have to be a disaester for them to not win there. Hopefully they can win two.
2. Win their first ever grand prix final medal. They came close to this 3 of the last 4 seasons. Hope they can finally do it this time. I am sure either way this will be a goal of their season. They would probably like to win it if they could, but if they dont it might almost be better. They love to be the hunters.
3. Win their first ever Canadian title. Unless V&M show up (unlikely) they should do this barring a catastrophe of sorts. Will be the solidification of them as the new Canadian #1 when it happens.
4. Win the world title the just missed this year. This will obviously be the biggest goal of their season. Even another medal would be a great result, but even being thrilled with their silver this year, the 0.02 they lost by is sure to drive them to try and get that gold next year.
Agree with all 4! I think another challenge will be to pick the right music. They have shined in that department the last 3 years. Some did not care so much for the "statue" piece last year, but I did. I do think Kaitlyn needs to improve those lines and they both can notch up the overall skating skills. But they continue to improve each year and have a great on-ice relationship. How about off ice? Is this a Virtue-Moir - guess if we're really together or is there a real connection? I'll go along with the charade if they like. Or even like more the reality! Also, any chance they'll be lured by Marina? Or will they be happy to stay with Krylova and pony-tail guy?
I think they will stay with their current coaches. They are very happy with them and even if they appear to not have the political pull of some of their rival coaches, they will acquire that as they earn more respect as coaches in the skating world.
Originally Posted by slider11
Off ice they are very close friends and roommates, but apparently not a couple.
I think a key for them will be the SD this year. Their SD this season was not that good, and held them back all season, even when they skated well; and often they struggled with it and couldnt skate it well (eg- Olympics, Rostelecom Cup). I think next years SD theme is better suited to their style and they will come up with something better.
I do wonder what kind of theme they will come up with for the FD though. Knowing them and the OD rythym they will likely come up with something steamy and romantic for the OD and did that for the FD this year, so probably should go in a bit of another direction to show the diversity judges want to see from a World Champion in the FD.
Why do people keep asking whether W&P are an off-ice couple? They've said they aren't and it's been posted here several times. I take their word for it unless they tell us differently.
All the top Canadian dance teams have good friendships off-ice (W&P, G&P, P&I, etc.) That's one of the reasons these teams work well together and have good chemistry.
People should be glad most of our teams have good relationships with their partners because it's not the case with some of the partnerships in other countries.
Well, I can think of a few things...
Originally Posted by Ryan O
1. Their "getting in the zone" method is to gaze (romantically) into each others' eyes before skating. Tessa and Scott just went for a coffee or a meal.
2. The way they interact after they finish skating. The way Andrew just sometimes looks at Kaitlyn during interviews when she's not even speaking about him.
3. Their on-ice chemistry when they dance. Granted, this could just be a sign they are good friends who are doing a fabulous job.
But the first two... I have wondered whether they're dating!
Pangtongfan, 100% agree with all those goals. I hope they come up with a great SD; the paso doble suits them so well, but I have to say that while I've loved every one of their FDs this past quad, I haven't been enamoured with any of their SDs. (I so wish they could have won gold with their tango... ah well.)
This is only tangentially related but ... from certain angles, isn't Kaitlyn a dead ringer for Emmy-nominated actress Sarah Paulsen of "American Horror Story"? I totally think so.
We can make a figure skating movie. Here's a cast list:
Kaitlyn (Sarah Paulsen)
Elena I or Adelina (Mila Kunis)
Tessa Virtue (Katy Perry, if she acts!)
Tatiana Volosozhar (Angela from the US version of "The Office")
Is there a thread for this for skating doppelgangers?
On the Ice
Originally Posted by Ryan O
Originally Posted by Orange Cat
You missed the top Canadian team of Jenny Morgan & Victor Tobbs - nobody can quite figure out what's going on with them! Are they an "item" or not? Or, are they really just being "coy" about their real off-ice relationship??
Originally Posted by Ryan O
Here's a short clip from one of the Canadian Olympic Committee's "Heading to Sochi - Athlete Profiles" videos showing Canadian Ice Dancers Jenny Morgan & Victor Tobbs.
Wicked Yankee Girl