Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Much Do Skaters Get Paid For Shows?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    I guess from reading the thread, payments for the figure skater really depends on the overall popularity of the sport including the popularity of the athletes they bring in. I guess that's why so many international skaters do the Japan leg of certain ice show tours since they seem to sell pretty well.
    That, but I've also heard/read many skaters say that they love performing in Japan, because the audience is so wonderful. I can definitely understand that. If you watched the Worlds, it was great to see how the audience was supportive of all the skaters.

Custom Title
    Yuna's shows must make a huge amount of profit then. The lineup is always filled with successful/famous skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Yuna's shows must make a huge amount of profit then. The lineup is always filled with successful/famous skaters.
    Same as the Japanese shows. Except, Japan has 4-5 shows with famous skaters every year, and ATS only has 1-2.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin99 View Post
    Same as the Japanese shows. Except, Japan has 4-5 shows with famous skaters every year, and ATS only has 1-2.
    Also it's her own personal tour, and she's headlining it. Yuna only does 2 shows max per year. She wouldn't organize that many shows in one yr anyways.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin99 View Post
    I have a small question: The Ice is Mao personal own show or not? I take own show mean she got all of the profit money from that like Yuna got all money from her ATS show.

And frankly, Yuna's show was not be filled with all top skaters all the time. The show had fair number of skaters each time, not so many big names like others. Yuna also always keep 2 3 spots for young Korean skaters who are not so impressive and have no effect on audience at all, just give them some chances to perform in front of a big crowd.

BUT Korean fans don't care about that, 30000 tickets of each show always sold out in hours just because of Yuna. For Korean, figure skating = Yuna, they don't really know or care about other legends, champions.

After Vancouver, Super Match X produced a big show in Korea with all top skaters ar that time (Mao, Rochette, Lysacek, Plushenko, Buttle, Lambiel, Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong ...) except Yuna. They just got a huge lost, couldn't even sell a ticket, all of audience got invited or free ticket from Hyundai, ha.

yuna will only have 1 show this year.. she just wanted to take a rest..

as for how much the skaters getting paid.. well.. i remember there was a speculation that kwan was paid $100,000 just to skate on yuna's ice show..her first ice show in korea..

Rinkside
    Korean figure skating fans do care about other skaters. but if I remember right, Super match wasn't successful because the show was run by Hyundai and IMG. I think Kim had harsh time with IMG and most of Korean (well i just guess) had bad impression with IMG.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishia View Post
    Korean figure skating fans do care about other skaters. but if I remember right, Super match wasn't successful because the show was run by Hyundai and IMG. I think Kim had harsh time with IMG and most of Korean (well i just guess) had bad impression with IMG.
    Yes, Korean FS fans do care of course, but they just a very small part, I'm talking about general public, and they don't care for sure. Audience in Yuna ice show not just skating fans, they are mostly Yuna's fans a.k.a general Korean.

Yuna had harsh time with IMG Korea and that's a main reason Korean hates that company.

Rinkside
    sounds most of skaters joining SOI shows make little money!!!

Custom Title
    In Canada during the off-season, skaters sometimes participate in several small shows, carnivals and skating clubs. These events are sanctioned by Skate Canada, and then the skaters can appear. Many of the events for this Spring are either listed on the Skate Canada site or on the individual skating club sites.

For example, today (Saturday April 5th) in Hamilton, Gilles & Poirier and Roman Sadovksy are appearing at the Hamilton Carnival:

http://www.hamiltonskating.org/

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/...club-carnival/

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/athl...pearances.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2