Male-Male Pair Skating Teams | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Male-Male Pair Skating Teams

Dots

Final Flight
I remember Vladimir Besedin & Alexei Polishuk skating together and feeling that they should have been allowed to skate @ pro worlds. They were never invited I think(I could be wrong though).

Their numbers were mostly acrobatic, but they were capable of skating "formal" pairs programs too. I remember watching one of their programs and being surprised how unacrobatic it was. They performed lifts, spins, jumps, throws, and actual pair skating. To this day I remember that program, but can't remember what they were skating to. Youtube doesn't have a video of this performance.

lbc2138

On the Ice
With cute videos of these male-male partners, what would everyone's ideal pair be? Someone like Yuzu would be good to throw since he's so small and light. Potential partners?

Duality

On the Ice
With cute videos of these male-male partners, what would everyone's ideal pair be? Someone like Yuzu would be good to throw since he's so small and light. Potential partners?

Yuzu is light but not so small - his height is 5ft 7in (171 cm).

I guess Shoma Uno will be a better choice for m/m skating cause he is really very small))

Oh and I'd like to see other elements besides throw. I'v seen so many m/m throws but never a death spiral((

nimi

Medalist
Oh and I'd like to see other elements besides throw. I'v seen so many m/m throws but never a death spiral((
I think I once saw a video from some ice show practice where Lambiel threw Weir (3s) and it went well, but when they tried death spiral Stephane basically ended up sweeping the ice with Johnny's backside :laugh:

nimi

Medalist
Poor Maxim, seems like he's struggling with his partner, lol!

Isn't there a requirement that for a death spiral to be ratified, the lady's (or in this case, Stephane's) head must not be higher than her knee or something? Also, the pivot position is quite not there yet.
Needs more practice - I hope they document the process! :laugh: