US Figure Skating Team Goes to Washington, Collects Awards | Golden Skate

US Figure Skating Team Goes to Washington, Collects Awards

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The US Olympic Ice skating team is headed off to visit President Obama! Jason Brown is thrilled ... and so is Simon Shnapir...and Zhang & Bartholomay. All are interviewed.

Jason Brown's coach, Kori Ade received the USG Building Dreams award. Davis &White received the Best Olympic Team award, but could not attend the award ceremony, since they were rehearsing for the SOI show, which opens Friday in Fort Myers, FL.

Jason starts choreogrsphing his programs with Rohene Ward this May 11. He will be performing both Riverdance and his MC Hammerat the twelve SOI tour dates where he is scheduled to perform.

Polina Edmunds will skate at nine SOI tour dates.

A nice, feel-good article.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/04/03/70803048lle

Last edited:

YLFan

Match Penalty
Some of the Christian Conservatives on the team should have boycotted.

Here are the winners of the United States Olympic Committee's "Best of U.S." awards honored on Wednesday.

http://www.teamusa.org/News/2014/April/03/USOC-Announces-Best-of-US-Award-Winners

As the article in the original post mentions, figure skating got two awards, Davis and White in the "team" category and coach Kori Abe with a special award for mentoring and supporting athletes on the Olympic trail and afterward. Other awardees included athletes in slopestyle, luge, skeleton, alpine skiing, and the U.S. paralympic hockey team.

The "world's greatest fan" award was nabbed by the second and third grade classes at Horace Mann elementary school in West Allis, Wisconsin. (Personally, I thought the first graders at Thomas Edison Elementary of Butte, Montana, were robbed. ;) )

This will be on NBC Sports Network TV next Monday, featuring Michelle Kwan and Even Lysacek as presenters and Tara, Johny, and Sarah Hughes doing interviews.

I heard that President Obama was planning to meet and congratulate the winners, but that he was not able to make it because of the shooting incident at Fort Hood the same day. I don't know if this is true or not, but Obama did make some addresses about the situation in Texas that evening.

Last edited: