'Are they; or aren't they?' Pairs & Ice Dance off-ice coupling speculation & rumor thread | Golden Skate

'Are they; or aren't they?' Pairs & Ice Dance off-ice coupling speculation & rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sowcow

On the Ice
'Are they; or aren't they?' Pairs & Ice Dance off-ice coupling speculation & rumor thread

It seems commonplace that buried somewhere within each of the fan threads for the top Pairs & Ice Dance couples, inevitably a mini-discussion/debate ensues over speculation & rumors of brief romances and/or ongoing relationships. Despite attempts by some couples to hide their off-ice relationships, often the misinformation & deceptions leaked to the pubic/media by the skaters themselves become so elaborate and fantastical that they fool no one! Conversely, despite being untrue, some fans swear to have 'inside knowledge' that a certain Pair or Ice Dance couple are secretly dating, or had a short 'fling', or even managed to have a child together (...and conveniently timed the birth to coincide perfectly with the "off season" :laugh:).

Rather than scattered across multiple locations and buried deep within huge multi-year fan threads, I thought we could publish all the stimulating & salacious "are they; or aren't they" off-ice relationship discussions together in one place ... front & center!

But, a word of caution for would-be relationship gossipers ... it is often very hard to determine the truth behind the existence (or not) an off-ice relationship! As example, I give you this short clip from one of the Canadian Olympic Committee's "Heading to Sochi - Athlete Profiles" videos showing Canadian Ice Dancers Jenny Morgan & Victor Tobbs. Are they an "item" or not? Or, are they really just being "coy" about their real off-ice relationship??

Ok, ok ... just a bit of fictional humor to launch the thread! :biggrin:

So, on a more serious note (...or should I say 'salacious note') ...what have you heard??

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Ahh I love threads like these - not to gossip, I'm always interested in the behind-the-scenes and athlete's lives off the ice.

Some I know of that are almost definite:

Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres
Vasilisa Davankova and Sergei Mozgov (check their Instagrams, they're really cute :) http://instagram.com/vdavankova http://instagram.com/mozgov_sergey)
Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov
Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim
Stefania Berton and Rockne Brubaker
Madison Chock and Deividas Stagniunas
Georgia Glastris (Greek singles skater) and Daniel Eaton
Stacey Kemp and David King
Ksenia Stolbova and Dmitri Soloviev (they may have broken up, but I know they definitely dated in the past year)
Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam
Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay (I think)
Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue
Madeline Aaron and Alex Johnson
Caydee Denney and John Coughlin

That's all I can think of for now, I'll post more if I remember others

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, We do not allow unsourced rumors at GS. Sourced rumors are OK. This thread seems to encourage gossip. Please do not try to open a similar thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.