Ando, Suzuki, & Oda had a retirement ceremony | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ando, Suzuki, & Oda had a retirement ceremony

desertskates

Medalist
Akiko :cry: I'll really miss the joy she brings.
All 3 are great skaters, I wish them luck going forward.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
if you pay close attention to carolina's long program at the world championships this year, as she's going around the corner to set up her triple lutz, you can see miki at the top of the screen mimicking carolina's arm movements to bolero. this really rubbed me the wrong way. thoughts?

chloepoco

Medalist
if you pay close attention to carolina's long program at the world championships this year, as she's going around the corner to set up her triple lutz, you can see miki at the top of the screen mimicking carolina's arm movements to bolero. this really rubbed me the wrong way. thoughts?

Sensitive, much?

oleada

Record Breaker
Miki posted a pic of he and Carolina wishing her luck right before Sochi, so I doubt that she'd be one to mock her in any way.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Miki posted a pic of he and Carolina wishing her luck right before Sochi, so I doubt that she'd be one to mock her in any way.

I think they like and respect one another.
Maybe it's like professional musicians going to each other's concerts and one sings or mouths along to all the words while the other performs on stage.

ks777

Record Breaker
I thought Miki and Carolina were good friends. They competed against each others since the Jr GPs.

I noticed it too but I thought it was more out of admiration, not mockery.
If Caro has a retirement party we are so going, right? :)

Sometimes when I'm watching a dancer or a skater, I get so caught up in the spell that I realize I'm imitating the movements, at least the arm gestures. It's not mockery at all but a kind of deep participation. I wonder whether that is what was happening to Miki at that moment. After all, by that time in the season, the movements might even be familiar to Miki, if she'd watched the Grand Prix and the Olympics.

Sometimes when I'm watching a dancer or a skater, I get so caught up in the spell that I realize I'm imitating the movements, at least the arm gestures. It's not mockery at all but a kind of deep participation. I wonder whether that is what was happening to Miki at that moment. After all, by that time in the season, the movements might even be familiar to Miki, if she'd watched the Grand Prix and the Olympics.

Brian Orser is the king or "skating the program with the skater" from behind the boards. :)