Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ando, Suzuki, & Oda had a retirement ceremony

Banned
    They will be missed
    especially the lovely and talented Miki Ando

Custom Title
    Three extremely talented skaters, and from everything I've read and heard about them, three lovely people too. Thank you Miki, Akiko, and Nobu!

Looking at the photos from the show, I love how happy Miki looks. This picture Miki posted of her and Akiko is so cute too! http://instagram.com/p/mVQKnHl_Eu/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Three extremely talented skaters, and from everything I've read and heard about them, three lovely people too. Thank you Miki, Akiko, and Nobu!

Looking at the photos from the show, I love how happy Miki looks. This picture Miki posted of her and Akiko is so cute too! http://instagram.com/p/mVQKnHl_Eu/
    Thanks! Miki also uploaded cute selfies with Kanako and Mao as well in her Instagram!
    Good luck to her, to them, as well as Nobu.
    Hope to see them skate in shows, but I doubt any show will be coming to Britain......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post

Lovely photo! Thanks for linking to it. My heartfelt thanks also to these three fine skaters, who all gave us such enjoyment during their careers. Miki and Akiko especially are symbols of persistence and resilience, which along with their wonderful skating gave me great inspiration. I hope these three continue skating in shows so we can see more of them, but whatever they decide to do, I wish them the best.

Custom Title
    Japan has produced a lot of amazing singles skaters, 3 greats retiring at once, Akiko retiring really leaves a hole in my heart

I believe this skating festival will be aired on television in Japan so I can't wait to watch

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Akiko I'll really miss the joy she brings.
    All 3 are great skaters, I wish them luck going forward.

Tripping on the Podium
    if you pay close attention to carolina's long program at the world championships this year, as she's going around the corner to set up her triple lutz, you can see miki at the top of the screen mimicking carolina's arm movements to bolero. this really rubbed me the wrong way. thoughts?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingJackson View Post
    if you pay close attention to carolina's long program at the world championships this year, as she's going around the corner to set up her triple lutz, you can see miki at the top of the screen mimicking carolina's arm movements to bolero. this really rubbed me the wrong way. thoughts?
    Sensitive, much?

Tripping on the Podium
    i am. i just love carolina.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingJackson View Post
    i am. i just love carolina.
    I noticed it too but I thought it was more out of admiration, not mockery.
    If Caro has a retirement party we are so going, right?

Custom Title
    Miki posted a pic of he and Carolina wishing her luck right before Sochi, so I doubt that she'd be one to mock her in any way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Miki posted a pic of he and Carolina wishing her luck right before Sochi, so I doubt that she'd be one to mock her in any way.
    I think they like and respect one another.
    Maybe it's like professional musicians going to each other's concerts and one sings or mouths along to all the words while the other performs on stage.

I thought Miki and Carolina were good friends. They competed against each others since the Jr GPs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    I noticed it too but I thought it was more out of admiration, not mockery.
    If Caro has a retirement party we are so going, right?
    Sometimes when I'm watching a dancer or a skater, I get so caught up in the spell that I realize I'm imitating the movements, at least the arm gestures. It's not mockery at all but a kind of deep participation. I wonder whether that is what was happening to Miki at that moment. After all, by that time in the season, the movements might even be familiar to Miki, if she'd watched the Grand Prix and the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Sometimes when I'm watching a dancer or a skater, I get so caught up in the spell that I realize I'm imitating the movements, at least the arm gestures. It's not mockery at all but a kind of deep participation. I wonder whether that is what was happening to Miki at that moment. After all, by that time in the season, the movements might even be familiar to Miki, if she'd watched the Grand Prix and the Olympics.
    Brian Orser is the king or "skating the program with the skater" from behind the boards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2