Tuktamysheva: "I'm going to try the triple Axel and quad toe loop if I'm healthy"' | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva: "I'm going to try the triple Axel and quad toe loop if I'm healthy"'

gmyers

Record Breaker
That's irrelevant. We're talking about if Surya had being given proper training from the time she was a KID. Not leaving her home country well into her career and feeling uncomfortable with her surroundings.

She was a tumbler? She got into skating late anyway and for jumps. This fantasy surya was just never happening. You couldn't even have surya as she was without the tumbling and jumping focus. You have sato! Be happy with sato. Bonaly was never ever going to be a sato! Never cared to be. You absolutely could not have had her as a child doing what was necessary for good skating skills. It wasn't ever going to happen.

zamboni step

Final Flight
She was a tumbler? She got into skating late anyway and for jumps. This fantasy surya was just never happening. You couldn't even have surya as she was without the tumbling and jumping focus. You have sato! Be happy with sato. Bonaly was never ever going to be a sato! Never cared to be. You absolutely could not have had her as a child doing what was necessary for good skating skills. It wasn't ever going to happen.

It's a hypothetical situation, there's nothing wrong with speculation as long as you don't let it alter your view of her actual skating.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Muscled jumps and a bad air position is not "ideal jumping."

He doesn't have bad air position most of the time and his jumps were not "muscled" in the way you would appear to state it. Muscling a jump means not having enough flow and strength from the edge to do the jump otherwise. The only opening takeoff that could be said about is his Quad and it was not all the time.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Getting back to Tuk.... I have said this before..but I think she really needs to leave Mishin. His skaters do seem to sustain a lot of injuries, which I find concerning. Also, maybe a new coach and choreography could bring some new life to her skating. Perhaps she could train where Sotnikova, Radionova, and Proklova train (I believe they all train at the same facility but I could be wrong). That would maybe give her some extra motivation, as it seems to have done with other skaters recently.