Tuktamysheva: "I'm going to try the triple Axel and quad toe loop if I'm healthy"' | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva: "I'm going to try the triple Axel and quad toe loop if I'm healthy"'

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Tuktamysheva: "I'm going to try the triple Axel and quad toe loop if I'm healthy"'

Tuktamysheva: 'Three days ago I went on the ice and now I'm slowly starting to skate on my [injured] leg. It still hurts to land, so I'm just skating and doing general physical training. I've tried to jump of course, but nevertheless it's still very painful. But I'm walking without limping in general. Doctors said the injury was not so serious - there were damaged three or four chords. Now the main goal is not to load my leg too much, so the injury would not become chronic .
I'm going to try to move forward after the Olympics in the new cycle, to strive to perform difficult elements. Although, at the same time, consistency and skating skills have not been canceled. I prefer when girls are showing consistent and clean skating than when they're trying to do difficult elements but stumbling at every step. (Sotnikova shade? :biggrin:)
I'm not going to hide, I also want to promote figure skating. Now I want to jump triple axel and quad toe loop, I think that's the plan not only for Russian skaters. I'm going to try [triple] axel and [quad] toeloop if I can fully recover and my health will allow me to do that.
We already have plans for setting new programs, but I need to get in shape after the injury for the start. If I can recover in time, I'm still going to skate at the show of Bestemianova - Bukin in Korea. Then I'm going to Kislovodsk to do geleral physical training, and then I'm going to my usual training place in Italy, where I'll begin full preparation for the next season.'

Source: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/159176841.html

P.S. Okay, this translation is somewhat rough, and my grammar is probably incorrect. But you get the picture :laugh:

So what do you think? Who'll be first to succesfully land 4T?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am more worried this will increase her injuries, she has chronic back pains already
but she needs the 3A I guess to compete with the younger girls who all have 3-3 and better skating skills and total PCS that Tuk gets

I think it will be a while before she even attempts a 3A
I'd bet on Sotnikova trying a 4T than Tuk getting that

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't know for sure but Mishin's students, including Plushy, have a bad tendency of injuries. Despite how young they are, look at Liza, who is just 17, and Gachinski. Plushy has got 12 surgeries on his back already. :bang:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't know for sure but Mishin's students, including Plushy, have a bad tendency of injuries. Despite how young they are, look at Liza, who is just 17, and Gachinski. Plushy has got 12 surgeries on his back already. :bang:

Tuk has known chronic back pains already
I doubt this will ever happen

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She needs to stay focused on skating. There are some pics on her Instagram that if I linked might get me banned. I really like this girl and her jumps launch so high but my question has always been. Is there such a thing as jumping too high? I think so and the reason is due to injury and inconsistency. Tiny girl making big jumps....Tara Lapinski anyone.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm friends with a 15 yr old skater that had to have back surgery from all the years of jumping. FIFTEEN. She always jumped so high but the torque of landing over and over eventually lead to a ruptured disc. Liza is similar size and jumping even higher. I'd rather her skate a calm routine this year and just skate clean/consistent and more artistically. No need to get hurt. She still has a chance for 2018. Small steps make big strides!!

hanca

Record Breaker

A lot of skaters have injuries, not only Mishin's students. Shelepen was injured about 2 years ago and lost the whole season because of that. Lipnitskaya was injured last year and missed some competitions including GPF because of that. Radionova was injured during this season and missed junior nationals. Sotskova was injured this season and missed junior worlds... (I am naming only Russian skaters because I have been watching those youngsters. But from US skaters - Karen Chen has been injured too, and a year or two ago one US junior lady even broke her leg at the GP event....) Injuries are part of skating, unfortunately.

LRK

Record Breaker

In an interview, though, Plushy mentioned how, in his younger day, they had no rehabilitation, but only kept on training.

I found it, this is the relevant quote, I think:

"Evgeni Plushenko: The reason why I had so many injuries and surgeries is that in my time we had no doctors, rehabilitation or proper understanding of these issues. We only trained hard and had no rehabilitation whatsoever. Now I see it all and if my kids will have doctors, rehab programs, massages, saunas, pools, they can have a very long career in sports and minimize the traumas.

HealthyLivinG Magazine: I suppose athletes from developed countries might have had better conditions but none lived in sport as a top achiever as long as you.

Evgeni Plushenko: I don’t really know their conditions. Today we have everything. I am very pleased how the sport ministry takes care of us these days: we have doctors, rehab programs, pools—everything we need. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case for most of the time I trained. If I had these earlier, many of my injuries and surgeries would have been prevented."

Hopefully this means that things will be better for the younger skaters, than it was for Plushy and Yags and other skaters of their generation, though obviously injuries cannot be wholly prevented.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Evgeni Plushenko: I don’t really know their conditions. Today we have everything. I am very pleased how the sport ministry takes care of us these days: we have doctors, rehab programs, pools—everything we need. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case for most of the time I trained. If I had these earlier, many of my injuries and surgeries would have been prevented."
Hopefully this means that things will be better for the younger skaters, than it was for Plushy and Yags and other skaters of their generation, though obviously injuries cannot be wholly prevented.
My kings!!! Yagudin and Plushy!! :cry: How much did they have to suffer? I hope all the federations take care of their young skaters better. :bang: Mishin should have banned Liza from jumping that much.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm friends with a 15 yr old skater that had to have back surgery from all the years of jumping. FIFTEEN. She always jumped so high but the torque of landing over and over eventually lead to a ruptured disc. Liza is similar size and jumping even higher. I'd rather her skate an calm routine this year and just skate clean and more artistically. No need to get hurt. She still has a chance for 2018. Small steps make big strides!!
:slink: I am so worried for the youngsters I am having my eyes on. :cry: I hope Yulia, Liza, Anna and Hanyu will stay healthy in the field for the next 5-8 years. :bow: Please God of Figure Skating, bless them!!

BusyMom

Medalist
I loved Tuk's 3A but that was before the puberty. Now she needs to rework on all of her jumps. Why wasting time and risking her health doing something that wouldn't help results anyway? Now all the young girls talking about doing 3A or quad jumps is crazy. They need to survive the puberty first. Or else all the talking is just worthless.

mskater93

Record Breaker
She needs to stay focused on skating. There are some pics on her Instagram that if I linked might get me banned. I really like this girl and her jumps launch so high but my question has always been. Is there such a thing as jumping too high? I think so and the reason is due to injury and inconsistency. Tiny girl making big jumps....Tara Lapinski anyone.

Tara Lipinski had microjumps. She rotated more than jumped. Her constantly torquing her 3Los were her downfall to injury.

There's no such thing as jumping too high, but there IS such a thing as bad technique, trying too hard, and over training. Some coaches are much better than others at understanding and setting limits on training that are effective to get the job done but also don't push a skater past the point of exhausting which lead to injuries.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then why do people constantly tell me Yulia needs to jump higher like Tara Lipinski did? I do think people who focus on how high they can launch are risking a lot more. My point is a safer trajectory with a more consistent landing may and likely will ensure a better or at least a longer career. I mean this isn't a pole vaulting competition. Height is the least impressive aspect in jumping for me. I prefer flow and ease. It lends itself to the music better in my opinion. YMMV. Mine apparently does.

Meoima

Match Penalty
There's no such thing as jumping too high, but there IS such a thing as bad technique, trying too hard, and over training. Some coaches are much better than others at understanding and setting limits on training that are effective to get the job done but also don't push a skater past the point of exhausting which lead to injuries.
How do we know if it's bad techniques if skaters land all the jumps and get positive GOE? I am very curious about this matter because if coaches know which jumping technique is bad for human body, then we should have avoid lots of injuries. Mishin's students have excellent jump techniques but it seems to me like he pushes them too much?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bad technique is not a term that can be applied universal. They all have different body size and skating technique. Not everyone can or should jump like Yuna. It wouldn't work for them. A good coach maximizes the skaters abilities and tailors them to the skater. There isn't some text book definition that all skaters follow. That's the genius of some coaches and the failures of others. Liza over jumps in my opinion and its resulting in a lot of gambling.

LRK

Record Breaker
Little lady with high jumps - Midori Ito, yes? :)

Was she much injured? I can't recall that she was, but hopefully others will be able to tell with more certainty.

As for technique - as far as I understand it, Liza's technique being very good seems to be one thing that people seem to mostly agree on.