Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Adian Pitkeev

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adelia View Post
    I think a points limit will be difficult to enforce. I mean, what's the difference between 239 and 240? Perhaps they could change the rule such that skaters who have participated in the senior GP series not be allowed to return to any junior competitions. Currently, if you participate in the senior GP series, you can't take part in the JGP series. I think they should extend that to JWs too.
    Yeah, it is ridiculous that high level seniors are taking part in Junior Worlds. Might as well call it "World Championships for 13-18 year olds" since you have a bunch of seniors skating in it too.
    Maybe it should be like this: if you have taken part in any senior A competitions such as GP, Euro, 4CC, Wc... you are not allowed come back to junior. So skaters from smaller feds can still compete at senior B to get points and go back to junior for more experience.
    Last edited by Meoima; 02-18-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Maybe it should be like this: if you have taken part in any senior A competitions such as GP, Euro, 4CC, Wc... you are not allowed come back to junior. So skaters from smaller feds can still compete at senior B to get points and go back to junior for more experience.
    Yeah, that would make sense.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adelia View Post
    Yeah, that would make sense.
    And yes, with that rule, juniors should not be allowed to do quads. One reason is for their growing bodies.

I think if they're able to quads then they should be allowed to, but maybe limit the amount permitted. And i agree with limiting Jrs attending Senior A compeitions then going back to Jrs.

Custom Title
    And yes, with that rule, juniors should not be allowed to do quads. One reason is for their growing bodies.
    I'm on the fence with this. The other one quite obviously is the sensible thing to do but this one I think can be argued both ways.

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Not to get too far OT, but it definitely raised my eyebrows when I saw Jin Seo Kim is competing at JW...he's already competed at senior worlds twice (but never juniors). But as long as there are loopholes in the rules I guess people will take advantage. About quads, I can see both sides of the coin like adelia. If it's the norm for 15-year-olds to be doing them in practice then I get why they would want to try them here, and of course we have 20something seniors without them, which is fine...but the lines between junior vs senior, esp. for the men, are very blurry these days. Maybe this would be a good topic for The Edge?

Rinkside
    That would be something worth trying.
    I'm a little concern that it might hurt countries with less skaters, but it's impossible to create a perfect system.
    Not so sure about banning the quad. Everyone grows in a different way and also couple people I know got injured practicing the axel but doesn't mean they should ban the jump. It's just something that happens.

On the Ice
    Well, Adian. This is your time, this is your chance Don't doubt yourself. Good luck, we're all counting on you

Have you all seen this?

https://instagram.com/p/xJBKurrQ7E/?modal=true

Good luck Adian!

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Did you find that in the same gender pairs thread!

I love how pumped up he got to have landed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Did you find that in the same gender pairs thread!

I love how pumped up he got to have landed it.
    I posted it there!

It's always nice to see him having fun...he tries so hard to look serious in competitions, but there's definitely another side to him.

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    I posted it there!

It's always nice to see him having fun...he tries so hard to look serious in competitions, but there's definitely another side to him.
    yes, he seems very serious guy..

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10