Adian Pitkeev | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

paulusfr

On the Ice
Well, Adian. This is your time, this is your chance :) Don't doubt yourself. Good luck, we're all counting on you ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you find that in the same gender pairs thread!

I love how pumped up he got to have landed it. :clap:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Did you find that in the same gender pairs thread!

I love how pumped up he got to have landed it. :clap:

I posted it there! :)

It's always nice to see him having fun...he tries so hard to look serious in competitions, but there's definitely another side to him. :biggrin:

paulusfr

On the Ice
Adian hasn't any chances to win, so he will jump only 1 quad in FS. This is not the most main reason, but I think one of them.
Today he skated very well. Unfortunately his back hurts, so two last spins didn't look good. Nevertheless, he was great today.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's good for Adian to just go for one quad. The quads haven't exactly been stable for him this year. And considering his back problems...

Honestly, I'm worried about people like Boyang and Shoma, attempting so much content when they haven't stopped growing. I don't want to see Adian walk off the ice looking like Shoma at Nationals/4CC.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
It's good for Adian to just go for one quad. The quads haven't exactly been stable for him this year. And considering his back problems...

Honestly, I'm worried about people like Boyang and Shoma, attempting so much content when they haven't stopped growing. I don't want to see Adian walk off the ice looking like Shoma at Nationals/4CC.

Shoma stopped growing a long time ago :hijacked:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Shoma stopped growing a long time ago :hijacked:
Height-wise, yes, but bodies change even after they stop growing taller. I don't think going all Tim Goebel and attempting the maximum amount of quads possible is the smartest long-term strategy.

I was mostly thinking of Boyang at the start of the season... until Shoma stepped off the ice visibly cringing at Nationals. I thought he'd seriously injured something.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Height-wise, yes, but bodies change even after they stop growing taller. I don't think going all Tim Goebel and attempting the maximum amount of quads possible is the smartest long-term strategy.

I was mostly thinking of Boyang at the start of the season... until Shoma stepped off the ice visibly cringing at Nationals. I thought he'd seriously injured something.

Nah, that´s Shoma natural expression :hijacked: ^2

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Adian hasn't any chances to win, so he will jump only 1 quad in FS. This is not the most main reason, but I think one of them.
Today he skated very well. Unfortunately his back hurts, so two last spins didn't look good. Nevertheless, he was great today.

I think we all knew the gold would be Shoma's (don't agree w/how he is scored, but I'm not going to be a nitpicker...it doesn't change anything). So I just want Adian to do what he can do comfortably & not overexert himself. Silver or even bronze would be quite ok in this field. Nathan Chen seems to be dealing with recurring injury already, and that's the last thing I want to happen to Adian.

exerym

On the Ice
He grow taller and struggling with grow pain. Maybe it is the reason of his back hurt. According to press-conference photos, he is visibly taller than Sasha, who is at least 170 sm.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Even before JW I already knew he had no chance. I hate to be so right. Judges don't appreciate his jumps enough, it's their fault. Adian did well with his poor condition.
All the best for him at the FS.

paulusfr

On the Ice
Well, I really hope to see clean skating from Adian in FS! Just show all the best you can do! Good luck! ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So sorry for Adian. Shoma and Boyang are older and have probably finished growing (well, I don't know about Shoma, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a couple more inches :laugh:). Let us not forget that they missed the podium last year. Adian has better technique, so I'm confident he will come out ok in the long run. Not the greatest first season as a senior, but Nam has struggled, and Nathan...nobody is immune.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I wonder, what if Adian had focused on skating clean, doing last year's content and not trying the quad...? If he'd landed everything, that would've been good enough for a medal.

*sigh* Well, Adian already has a JW medal, and after Boyang skated, there was no way he could've gotten more than bronze. So, from his perspective, it's not a huge loss, since he's not going to do better than he did last year.

...or that's what I tell myself, to feel better.

Not the greatest first season as a senior, but Nam has struggled, and Nathan...nobody is immune.
Maybe not a smart thing to say on Adian's thread :)laugh:) but Nam did amazing this year. Just one cruddy 4CC.

paulusfr

On the Ice
Well it's too hard for me to comment on something after such skate. I'm upset, I'm confused, but I always believe in Adian! Just he needs a lot of work to become better.

This is what Adian wrote at his social network's fan page after his skate.
Forgive me :(
But... falling down and getting up we are growing.
Maybe this is not a perfect translation because of my english, but.. it's not so important now.

exerym

On the Ice
And he did it again! The best figure skater mathematic ever! He didn't forgot to make 3T instead of 2T with 3Lz after pooping 3A. Amazing!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well it's too hard for me to comment on something after such skate. I'm upset, I'm confused, but I always believe in Adian! Just he needs a lot of work to become better.

This is what Adian wrote at his social network's fan page after his skate.

Maybe this is not a perfect translation because of my english, but.. it's not so important now.
He is growing for sure. Believe in yourself, Adian.