Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: Adian Pitkeev

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by estla View Post
    Totally agree. I just noticed that Eteri has never handled her students' puberty well, e.g. Yulia, Sima. There's chance she would someday figure it out, (let's see what will happen for Medvedeva), but it takes time. I'm not sure Adian should stick around, waiting for Eteri's maturing.
    Good lord, my crazily long post pops up x_x Thank you for your patience to go through it.

I don't think it's fair to blame Eteri in Sima's case, either. Sima coped much better with competition under Eteri than after leaving. Perhaps we can say Eteri didn't fix her technical flaws radically, but how much could she do in only one year? Also there were quite a few factors influencing Sima's decision, like family issues, funding, chance to move up to seniors etc. As for Yulia, it's a more complex case. In short, there was serious lack of mutual understanding between Eteri and her, and the mini-competition inside the group may have added to the psychological pressure she was bearing. I feel both of them will have something to regret years later about how they could have handled their relationship, but there were factors beyond their control.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!

Adian Pitkeev

Still I don't understand the need to say "Who exactly would be a better coach for xxx than xxx?" at all. Yes, we can not offer any answer, since neither us nor the skater will ever know whether another coach works before the skater tries. I do agree, though, that skaters should not immediately hang their hopes on coaching change once they meet a major setback, and it's better to stick to a choice good enough within the limitations at present.

Back to Adyan...Didn't the federation promise to post an interview with him a few days ago? The preview sounded exciting! Hopefully he'll disclose more about his health condition, and I'm always interested in his thoughts on many things beyond skating.
    Last edited by Sofia; 01-30-2016 at 03:30 AM.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    He isn't going to the Final of Russian Cup, one of Eteri's students told.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulusfr View Post
    He isn't going to the Final of Russian Cup, one of Eteri's students told.
    Yes, this season is over for him. He still hasn't healed his back injury. I'm looking forward to his interview.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Oooo Pitkeev has a new honeybun?

http://i.imgur.com/aIGX3yk.jpg

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stryke View Post
    Oooo Pitkeev has a new honeybun?

http://i.imgur.com/aIGX3yk.jpg
    That looks like the girl Adian was hanging out with a few days ago...(Alexandra Pletnyova)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBSVuWNx...y=adyanpitkeev

If that is his new girlfriend, then my ship is sunk!!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28