Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Adian Pitkeev

Custom Title
    I've read a critic response after Russian trial skates for Adian and they said his FS Muse was a mess, he struggled through it too. I don't know what is the problem whith the music choices in his team, maybe they don't take his opinion into account, maybe he just tends to agree with his team choices but I wish that he felt happier when performing. I think he is ready to swim with sharks, he just have to believe he can bite too.

Quote Originally Posted by adelia View Post
    Not a earplug, his cross became hooked over his ear after the final spin so he had to remove it.

Oh right. I didn't even notice it, tbh, but one of the girls on FB said that he was using an earplug or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Adian can't become a Nam or Brown. I do not agree with the "having fun" thing. It means anything or nothing. But I do agree with adelia about being pretty cold, skating with his head down and he definitely need good choreo, and better choice of music IMO.
    His SP was a mess (I haven't seen his FS yet), mainly thanks to Paganini's theme version and cuts.
    He has that enigmatic look/attitude which can be a huge advantage, if someone can help him use that in a positive way for his performance.
    I also do agree that his quad is not ready and it was bad decision to include it in this competition. Although maybe it helped him yesterday with the TES.
    There is no need though to rush it. He could've include that at Euros, Worlds or even the next season. He is so young.
    p.s. By the way, does anyone knows why is he using something which looks like an earplug when he skates?
    I don't think it must be "having fun" but more like "comfortable with the program". Having fun might not be the right approach for Adian, but "being comfortable with the music" does sound more appropriate, doesn't it?
    His quad is not ready, but it depends on his team. They might think it's better to develop Adian as a "technical skater" than "artistic skater" like team Jason Brown since jumps and speed are Adian's strength.
    I don't think Nam has mastered the 4S either but he hits in in competition. the system right now is more like "hit or miss" so I can understand why they include the 4T in both his SP and LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I don't think it must be "having fun" but more like "comfortable with the program". Having fun might not be the right approach for Adian, but "being comfortable with the music" does sound more appropriate, doesn't it?
    Yes, that's what I said indeed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Oh right. I didn't even notice it, tbh, but one of the girls on FB said that he was using an earplug or something like that.
    I didn't notice it either until you mentioned it. So I went to rewatch his SP because I was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrento View Post
    I've read a critic response after Russian trial skates for Adian and they said his FS Muse was a mess, he struggled through it too. I don't know what is the problem whith the music choices in his team, maybe they don't take his opinion into account, maybe he just tends to agree with his team choices but I wish that he felt happier when performing. I think he is ready to swim with sharks, he just have to believe he can bite too.
    Yes, it was not good. Partly because of the poor choreography, partly because of his own execution of the routine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c2fgmeJfM
    It also didn't help that Lazukin (talented headcase from Mishin's school) uses the exact same music and his program is beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APIPfIxXIQ

Rinkside
    Many people said that the Muse is not a wise choice, because Jeremy Abbot was so perfect last season. Compared to him, Adian FS was totally a mess. Lazukin is much more component, so the comparison wouldn't be for Adian.

I prefer Eteri's program for him.

Custom Title
    I have to disagry on Lazukin versus Adian components. I think Adian's PCS are better, Andrei struggled a lot through his step sequence- it is very basic and not pleasing to the eye. Plus I really did not see a connection to the music growth during the last part- steps had no power to them, pause that made Jeremy Abbot's performance bloody fantastic was not emphasised, final spins were not that fluid- to me. But the opening from Andrei was very promising and overall he looked quite harmonious to the music. I just did not enjoy the last part as much.
    I think if you choose the music that is famous thanks to one skater (in FS circuit, not in showbiz) then you should come with an owned version, not a washed with bleacher but with your own vision to it- then you can have a winning program. Andrei's is overall ok. But for Adian it had to have a wow factor for senior's debut.

Custom Title
    Adian's free skate from TEB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu4W8amDGZo

Decided to reawaken the thread with this solid skate. Yes, it didn't score well because he popped two lutzes (the men seemed to be wandering around in lutz-less limbo at this event; see: Machida, Tatsuki). But he landed a beautiful clean quad, and seems to have improved on his lines and presentation.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

He was actually the least disappointing male skater for me at TEB. (Props to Maxim for his great FS, but I didn't forget yesterday.) I see improvement and I think he doesn't like to settle for being middle of the pack. The Petrov/Pitkeev showdown will be quite exciting.

Custom Title
    Pitkeev's was my favourite LP at TEB in terms of enjoyment/performance. Kovtun was clean but it looked like such a struggle for him to skate... and thus turned into a struggle to watch. I, too, get the sense that Pitkeev is not going to let people write him off as middle-of-the-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Pitkeev's was my favourite LP at TEB in terms of enjoyment/performance. Kovtun was clean but it looked like such a struggle for him to skate... and thus turned into a struggle to watch. I, too, get the sense that Pitkeev is not going to let people write him off as middle-of-the-pack.
    I agree

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6