Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Adian Pitkeev

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20141227/796813472.html

Sochi, December 27 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov, Andrew Simonenko. Bronze medalist at the Russian Figure Skating Adya Pitkeev be able to compete for the top places at the European Championships in Stockholm, said the agency "F-Sport" Honored coach of Russia Viktor Kudryavtsev.
    Vice-champion of the world junior last season's 16-year-old Pitkeev on Friday took the third place in the championship of Russia in Sochi ahead by 3.69 points bronze medalist of the European Championship 2014 Konstantin Menchov. The first was last year's champion of Russia Maxim Kovtun, second place went to the European Championship silver medalist in 2014, Sergei Voronov.

"In this case, the determination of the composition of the national team for the European Championship, we should follow the principle of sport - said Kudryavtsev. - Pitkeev for the first half of the season learned a quadruple jump and showed it to the championship of Russia. I am sure that at the European Championships, he will not be an extra, for six at least compete, if not for anything more. "

The interviewee noted that, in his opinion, "even if Menchov was third, floated to the question of his replacement by Pitkeeva." "We are at the beginning of the Olympic cycle, and send to the European Championship number three team skater, who 30 years, it would, in my view, inappropriate, - he explained his point of view. - And now everything was decided by itself - the 16-year-old figure skater took third place, and he had to go to the European Championship. Everything is logical, the team should be updated. "
    European Figure Skating Championships in the season 2014/15 will be held in Stockholm from 26 January to 1 February 2015.

I am not sure if Kudryavtsev has any actual influence on the decision-making process, or if he just felt like putting in his 2 cents' worth like other coaches have been doing. If that is the prevailing attitude, it's very sad for Kostya because he hasn't really had such a bad season, up until yesterday, and he earned a medal at Euros just last season. But of course I'm a fan of Adian too. Well, they're going to do whatever they want anyway.

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Poor Adian! Reminds me of Alexander Petrov at Russian Nationals. Still, apart from the unfortunate fall, I don't think he was so bad today. But why keep the quads in the FS if he knows he's not prepared? I wish he wouldn't...

Skater Pitkeev said he was not ready for the European Championships due to illness

STOCKHOLM, January 28 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov, Andrew Simonenko. Russian figure skater Adya Pitkeev told that he could not prepare for their debut European Championships in Stockholm due to illness.
    Pitkeev in the short program crashed when trying to execute a jump in four turns, but to cope with the triple Axel and a cascade of "triple Lutz - triple toe loop." Over the short program vice junior world champion received 69.78 points. Competitions continue, Pitkeev ranked second.
    "I got sick after the championship of Russia, has the flu, then sinusitis, 10 days drank antibiotics. Ready to start of the 16th, this time is not enough. Therefore, a quadruple toe loop did not work - the fact is that this jump is impossible to perform unprepared" - admitted Pitkeev reporters.

"On the other hand, for me it was the best rental for the last time - said the skater. - So I'm not too upset about what happened. In the long program will be very difficult, but I will try to execute it with quads. abandon them I can not just have to show them. "
    Singles arbitrary program will perform on Friday. European Championship will last until February 1.
    Last edited by gallavich; Yesterday at 12:08 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8