Adian Pitkeev | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yeah, all credit to Adian for coming out of that cruddy competition relatively intact, without his jumps or his scores failing him.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20141227/796813472.html

Sochi, December 27 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov, Andrew Simonenko. Bronze medalist at the Russian Figure Skating Adya Pitkeev be able to compete for the top places at the European Championships in Stockholm, said the agency "F-Sport" Honored coach of Russia Viktor Kudryavtsev.
Vice-champion of the world junior last season's 16-year-old Pitkeev on Friday took the third place in the championship of Russia in Sochi ahead by 3.69 points bronze medalist of the European Championship 2014 Konstantin Menchov. The first was last year's champion of Russia Maxim Kovtun, second place went to the European Championship silver medalist in 2014, Sergei Voronov.

"In this case, the determination of the composition of the national team for the European Championship, we should follow the principle of sport - said Kudryavtsev. - Pitkeev for the first half of the season learned a quadruple jump and showed it to the championship of Russia. I am sure that at the European Championships, he will not be an extra, for six at least compete, if not for anything more. "

The interviewee noted that, in his opinion, "even if Menchov was third, floated to the question of his replacement by Pitkeeva." "We are at the beginning of the Olympic cycle, and send to the European Championship number three team skater, who 30 years, it would, in my view, inappropriate, - he explained his point of view. - And now everything was decided by itself - the 16-year-old figure skater took third place, and he had to go to the European Championship. Everything is logical, the team should be updated. "
European Figure Skating Championships in the season 2014/15 will be held in Stockholm from 26 January to 1 February 2015.

I am not sure if Kudryavtsev has any actual influence on the decision-making process, or if he just felt like putting in his 2 cents' worth like other coaches have been doing. If that is the prevailing attitude, it's very sad for Kostya because he hasn't really had such a bad season, up until yesterday, and he earned a medal at Euros just last season. But of course I'm a fan of Adian too. Well, they're going to do whatever they want anyway. :eek:hwell:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Poor Adian! Reminds me of Alexander Petrov at Russian Nationals. Still, apart from the unfortunate fall, I don't think he was so bad today. But why keep the quads in the FS if he knows he's not prepared? I wish he wouldn't...

Skater Pitkeev said he was not ready for the European Championships due to illness

STOCKHOLM, January 28 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov, Andrew Simonenko. Russian figure skater Adya Pitkeev told that he could not prepare for their debut European Championships in Stockholm due to illness.
Pitkeev in the short program crashed when trying to execute a jump in four turns, but to cope with the triple Axel and a cascade of "triple Lutz - triple toe loop." Over the short program vice junior world champion received 69.78 points. Competitions continue, Pitkeev ranked second.
"I got sick after the championship of Russia, has the flu, then sinusitis, 10 days drank antibiotics. Ready to start of the 16th, this time is not enough. Therefore, a quadruple toe loop did not work - the fact is that this jump is impossible to perform unprepared" - admitted Pitkeev reporters.

"On the other hand, for me it was the best rental for the last time - said the skater. - So I'm not too upset about what happened. In the long program will be very difficult, but I will try to execute it with quads. abandon them I can not just have to show them. "
Singles arbitrary program will perform on Friday. European Championship will last until February 1.

Last edited:

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Well, after reading your comment I started to panic a little bit...
Judging from the SP, most likely he isn't physically ready for his planned LP. I sort of wish he would take the quad out, too. No matter what he decides to do, I hope he understands that he has nothing to lose now. As for my expectations...really not sure what to expect. It's fine for me as long as he doesn't get injured.
Besides, Vaitsekhovskaya's comments on his SP make me sick.
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/53063/

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ I can't tell if the article is as poorly written as it seems, or how much of that is due to Google translate. But I have the impression that if Adian had taken out the quad, she would have criticized him for that instead. Seems like a bunch of garbage, frankly.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I swear I already wrote something here yesterday... must've dreamed it.

The buzz around Adian's skate seems incredibly negative. I thought the article was being unfair--he didn't "fall apart" after the quad. If anything, he kinda got things back together.

He just looked very young and a bit nervous, skating at his first Europeans. And thus he didn't really go out there and perform the way the older skaters did. But I'm sure his team got the memo after seeing the scores. With nothing to lose, I hope he goes all out in the free. Not sure what he'll do about the quad. Maybe he should've held off on it, but at Europeans, it seems like the judges respect you for "going for it" instead of holding back.

Sofia

On the Ice
Yeah, I think her opinion about Adian's SP was quite unfair. And look at how she dragged Yulia into her argument, attempting to portray Eteri as a "tyrant" over her students... something is too obvious this time.:slink: Below the article is unanimous criticism of her bias towards Eteri and her students, and many people defended Adian and Eteri. There's also a lot of words of encouragement for Adian on other Russian websites.

About 3 hours away from the 3rd group in LP. Wish that Skating God wouldn't be too unkind to this boy...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/20067.html

Eter Tutberidze: Pitkeev suffered heavy sinusitis, even thought to withdraw from the European Championships

Today, on January 30 in Stockholm (Sweden) passes European Figure Skating Championships. In singles competition won the silver and bronze Russians Maxim Kovtun (235.68) and Sergei Voronov (233.05). Adya Pitkeev finished seventh (210.87). Experiences with a special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Maria Staroverova shared Etery Tutberidze - coach Adya Pitkeeva.

"Adya - well done - said Eter Tutberidze. - He was seriously ill, I think even withdraw from the European Championship. In any program of the Russian championship he has ridden with temperature. Then went to the ice only 17 of January. All the while he was lying with a temperature of 38 -39 disease sinusitis. 10 days of antibiotics which he finished only drink on 19 January. He ached. The only thing we did not have time to prepare for the European Championships and did not try - a quadruple jump. because all the hurt and go into the quad was not the problem . just try to pick it functionally, that did. week and a half was not enough to work on the quad. Leap still damp, it never came. The first time he tried to do two days before departure to Stockholm. Still, it's a lot current jumps and injuries on them is great. "

I bet he would have made the top 5 if he was 100% (maybe even got that bronze!). He still did a very respectable job and wow, can he think fast on his feet by avoiding the Zayak...he could teach some much older skaters a thing or two. :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Adian fought back in the free as I hoped he would. Quad didn't work, but other jumps did. Commendable debut, especially considering his condition. I thought his expression was also better than it was in the short.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A short interview with Adian...he expresses an interest in going to Junior Worlds again. Russia has 3 spots, I assume? I'd like to see him there, but of course I would feel bad if someone else didn't get a chance (I assume Sasha will be there for sure).

http://fsrussia.ru/news/719-adyan-pitkeev-sdelal-vse-chto-mogu-na-dannyj-moment.html

Adya Pitkeev: "Did everything I can at the moment"

January 30, 2015
Adya Pitkeev at the European Championships in Stockholm for the rental of any program earned 141.09 points and 210.87 in the end. According to the figure skater, due to illness he did not have time to type the physical condition and prepare for the European Championships, because with the "quad" have problems.

"While not fully prepared hard for me to jump fourfold. This jump was the stable I get not so long ago, before the championship of Russia. And then there's the disease, preparation time is not left. If I jumped fourfold, as Axel, second or third year, due to the experience could handle. But while this skill is not ...

I was given an arbitrary rolled hard. A day of rest worked in training all the elements - collected. And on the quad toe loop just physical strength is not enough. Flu, antibiotics, you know how you feel after that ...

The company with famous athletes feel comfortable. I rode on the "Skate America" ​​and "Bompard Trophy", watched and watched how they behave, how to set up, communicate with people. Experienced skaters always have something to learn.

What I will remember the European Championship? Two triple lutz in arbitrary. While I do not have the status to set ourselves the highest goals. We need to work on ...

About future plans just do not know yet. But I would like to go to the Junior World Championships. I hope it will. No injuries. Time allows you to prepare. In any try to do two quads, because the choice of a particular I have not. Shoma Uno seen Japanese. I do not have such a riding, like him, but to deal with it, must be something to take. Make the program is technically more difficult to perform it better, otherwise it is difficult to beat, "- commented Adya Pitkeev.

Last edited:

Sofia

On the Ice
If he were 100% on, it might have been possible to get the silver, considering the gap between Maxim and Sergei. (Well, that's an even bigger "if", but still...;))
Luck wasn't on his side this time, but 7th for Euros debut is quite a decent result! If he is going to Junior Worlds, hope that he will regain form and complete his goal to skate as clean as possible right there. Plus, I'd be glad to have to wait only a month for his next competition, instead of more than half a year!
(Not really keen on the idea of one more quad in his LP so soon, nor am I sure this would guarantee higher scores, but agree with him on taking the risk when he sets his eyes on gold.)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A medal was in reach, considering how everyone skated. Sadly it wasn't meant to be... but maybe it's better that way. If he'd been perfect and left off the medal stand due to PCS, that would make me feel even worse.

paulusfr

On the Ice
Interview with Eteri. It contains some words about Adian
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/798-ete...-nado-uchitsya-pravilno-sebya-nastraivat.html
February 9, 2015

- I want to ask about Adian Pitkeev, about his preparation for the World Championship. Before the European Championship Adian told me that he was sick, and it is intervened him to performed in Stockholm at full strength.. How is it going now?

- We train, but in a quiet mode. After antibiotics and serious illness is always difficult to recover. In Stockholm Adian did not hide his feelings, as if he had "come off" arms and legs, but even in this state, on pain medications performed. Almost two weeks before the championship man lay with a high temperature. Doctors did not immediately diagnosed him with sinusitis. Treated with the flu, gave antipyretic drugs, and the temperature continued to rise, until, finally, did not reveal the reason. Put on antibiotics, but the process was already in a state of neglect. Probably all this gave a sad sutuation.

We have decided not to withdraw, although this option is not excluded. I asked Adian: "Try to imagine you are preparing for the World Cup or the Olympics, and suddenly fell ill. Will you withdraw? "He replied:" No "and tried to show everything he could to do at the time. We are even didn't try the quad because the guy was very weak, and it could have serious consequences.

Now we train still slowly. I really hope that nothing will prevent us to be well prepared for the World Junior Championships.

---------

February 10, 2015

Also Chairman of the Technical Committee of the International Skating Union (ISU) Alexander LAKERNIK said that Pitkeev will go to the JWC because "He is only one of our skaters at the junior world championships able to fight for the podium. In Estonia will compete a very strong single skaters who have quads - these athletes actually can compete on an adult level. Pitkeev should to do quadruple jump. At least one. Before the European Championship Adian was ill, and because of this he couldn't to do his best at full strength Let's we will see how he prepared now. I hope everything will be fine."

http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/799-aleksandr-lakernik-nado-rabotat-dalshe.html

--------

Well, there is Adian in Russian Team for JrWorlds-2015.

Men
Main Alexander PETROV, Adian PITKEEV, Alexander SAMARIN
Substitute 1. Dmitri ALIEV 2. Vladimir SAMOILOV 3. Andrei LAZUKIN

February 12, 2015
http://fsrussia.ru/news/804-utverzhden-sostav-sbornoj-rossii-na-chempionat-mira-sredi-yuniorov.html

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I wonder what kind of illness he had. Sounds terrible. At this rate I don't know if the can make the podium at Junior World.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hope he can stay healthy and get a medal at JW! Shoma and Boyang will be tough competition, but they aren't infallible.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hope he can stay healthy and get a medal at JW! Shoma and Boyang will be tough competition, but they aren't infallible.
Well Shoma already got 83 PCS at 4CC so I'm afraid that Adian might have to land 2 quads and 8 triples clean to win. Not to mention Shoma can even get 2.29 GOE for his low 3A (which makes me baffled btw).
Boyang has 3 quads and crazy BV but his consistency is questionable. But if he skates like he did at Chinese Nationals it's gonna be tough.
Sota Yamamoto might be another factor, since he had a quad in practice and his 3A has become more stable (his presentation is kind of like Adian, a bit introvert). But seriously I'd rather watch Adian than Sota's stone face. :unsure:
Not to mention Sasha Petrov, but will he land the quad there? If he won't medal maybe he will have to stay junior next season I'm afraid.
I'd say Adian has better chance than Sasha if he's healthy. He can win against a meltdown Boyang (but I doubt Boyang would make the same mistakes at JGPF). But against Shoma? I'm afraid it's extremely difficult, especially wih that huge PCS and GOE buffer.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yeah, I don't expect Adian to win gold, but he's the only returning medalist of those 3, so hopefully that will work in his favor. I'd like him to get silver at least. Just depends which Boyang shows up that day. And I also want Sasha to do well, but I really doubt they will let 2 Russian guys on the podium.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I have no idea how it will play out, I just hope the judging is more fair than the JGP final was. I also forgot about Nathan Chen...though he hasn't been in great form lately. We'll see what happens (but I'm rooting for Adian, of course).