Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

BusyMom

Medalist
It's time to talk football, since figure skating came to the end of the season. Most skaters take their time-off to rest and prepare for the new season. In the world of football, it is also near the end of the season with only a few games left for the leagues and very final flights for the Champion league. But this year we have a Brazil's World Cup to be excited for the next few months.

For me, I have been a fan ever since 1988 European Championship. I have all my shares of joy and heartbroken because I'm a Liverpool's supporter. We've never won a Premiere league's title ever but I have my high hope for this year result. 22 years is a very long time when you want something badly but I hope this year will be the fresh start for the new beginning.

To sum it up, here is the best example why football is the greatest game ever ( for Liverpool's fan at least).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gteDQCFG9Po

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
A threat about football :love:
I've been watching football for much longer than figure skating. (actually, since I was 5 and I was supporting a team from my country)
In 2004 I became Chelsea fan and yeah, I can say I'm quite obsessed with this team. I watch every match (in official T-shirt most of the time) and one of the happiest days in my life was the Steaua Bucharest - Chelsea match in UCL this season because I went to the match and saw them live. I'm very stressed right now because of tomorrow's match. They didn't play very well in Paris last week (2nd half :slink: ) and I'm not optimistic about the qualification. Anyway, blue is the color, no matter what:)
I love Chelsea, but I appreciate other teams too. Last year I fell in love with Borussia Dortmund, one of the most beautiful teams I've ever seen. This year lots of things changed, but I still watch their matches and cheer for every victory. I also like this season Atletico Madrid. Again, a beautiful team, but I'm sure lots of players will leave next season (Diego Costa to Chelsea, please :laugh: )

I'm also excited about the World Cup. I have no favorite teams, I'll probably choose my favorite one after I watch some matches. In 2006 I liked France since group stage (mostly because Zidane) and in 2010 Netherlands. This year I'll keep my eyes on Belgium. And, of course, Brazil (Oscar and David Luiz and Ramires and Willian and and and :laugh: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6iK8akuqk

BusyMom

Medalist
A threat about football :love:
I've been watching football for much longer than figure skating. (actually, since I was 5 and I was supporting a team from my country)
In 2004 I became Chelsea fan and yeah, I can say I'm quite obsessed with this team. I watch every match (in official T-shirt most of the time) and one of the happiest days in my life was the Steaua Bucharest - Chelsea match in UCL this season because I went to the match and saw them live. I'm very stressed right now because of tomorrow's match. They didn't play very well in Paris last week (2nd half :slink: ) and I'm not optimistic about the qualification. Anyway, blue is the color, no matter what:)
I love Chelsea, but I appreciate other teams too. Last year I fell in love with Borussia Dortmund, one of the most beautiful teams I've ever seen. This year lots of things changed, but I still watch their matches and cheer for every victory. I also like this season Atletico Madrid. Again, a beautiful team, but I'm sure lots of players will leave next season (Diego Costa to Chelsea, please :laugh: )

I'm also excited about the World Cup. I have no favorite teams, I'll probably choose my favorite one after I watch some matches. In 2006 I liked France since group stage (mostly because Zidane) and in 2010 Netherlands. This year I'll keep my eyes on Belgium. And, of course, Brazil (Oscar and David Luiz and Ramires and Willian and and and :laugh: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6iK8akuqk

What happened to Romanian football lately? They are no longer the factor in European football scenes. I still remember the day of Hagi. He was so fast. Mutu was one of the best too.

BTW congratulation for Chelsea's winning and good luck for tomorrow draws. Bayern Munich might be a better deal at this point.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
What happened to Romanian football lately? They are no longer the factor in European football scenes. I still remember the day of Hagi. He was so fast. Mutu was one of the best too.

BTW congratulation for Chelsea's winning and good luck for tomorrow draws. Bayern Munich might be a better deal at this point.

Well, football is still the most popular sport in Romania, but there are no more great players like Hagi or Mutu. Usually I'm not watching the matches from my country, but I see our teams in european competitions and I'm disappointed that the quality of the players is low. As far as I remember, the last good performance of the Romanian teams was the UEFA cup semifinal that Steaua Bucharest played in 2006.

Thanks, I also hope Chelsea is going to play against Bayern in the semifinals. Real Madrid can beat Chelsea at this moment (even without Ronaldo). And Atletico can make surprises. Also, I like the way Atletico looks this season and I hope they'll play the final with Chelsea. Their match against Barcelona was yesterday was really great and the fans created an amazing atmosphere.

BusyMom

Medalist
Thanks, I also hope Chelsea is going to play against Bayern in the semifinals. Real Madrid can beat Chelsea at this moment (even without Ronaldo). And Atletico can make surprises. Also, I like the way Atletico looks this season and I hope they'll play the final with Chelsea. Their match against Barcelona was yesterday was really great and the fans created an amazing atmosphere.

Don't you think Real Madrid might be preferable since Mourinho obviously knows the team inside and out? I have nothing against Chelsea except the time when they signed Torres. But he spent more time on the bench than in the field so no hard feeling there. Kinda hope English team will win the CL this year. Most of Liverpool's fan, including me of course, hopes Chelsea will last longer so they won't be able to concentrate on the PL. :laugh: well..after 23 years...we need every helps we can get. :yay:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Don't you think Real Madrid might be preferable since Mourinho obviously knows the team inside and out? I have nothing against Chelsea except the time when they signed Torres. But he spent more time on the bench than in the field so no hard feeling there. Kinda hope English team will win the CL this year. Most of Liverpool's fan, including me of course, hopes Chelsea will last longer so they won't be able to concentrate on the PL. :laugh: well..after 23 years...we need every helps we can get. :yay:

I think the way Bayern plays now is more convenient for Chelsea. Also, Ancelotti made some changes at Real this season.

Even though I want Chelsea to win PL this season, I don't think it will happen. We lost too many points with teams like Stoke or West Ham. The team usually looks good, there are lots of talented players like Oscar, Hazard, Luiz (and now Salah) and sometimes I can't even explain why they don't win. (probably there's a problem with the strikers, Lukaku would have been great) I hope Liverpool will beat City this weekend:laugh: But City is still nr. 1 favorite for winning the PL this season (+Aguero is back this weekend, right?)

BusyMom

Medalist
Even though I want Chelsea to win PL this season, I don't think it will happen. We lost too many points with teams like Stoke or West Ham. The team usually looks good, there are lots of talented players like Oscar, Hazard, Luiz (and now Salah) and sometimes I can't even explain why they don't win. (probably there's a problem with the strikers, Lukaku would have been great) I hope Liverpool will beat City this weekend:laugh: But City is still nr. 1 favorite for winning the PL this season (+Aguero is back this weekend, right?)
Technically, Chelsea is still in the running. Both Liverpool and Man city need to watch their back still. Man city might be a favourite to win but they have to play 2 games each week for the rest of the season. Liverpool might not be able to hold on to the lead because the pressure is too much. Who know.. anything could happen.

But I think we will win this week match. After his injuries, Aguero might not be the big factor. It is the Hillsborough anniversary this weekend so the Kop for sure will make a different with 12th players and all. A few hours ago Robbie Fowler just said something along that line during the live broadcast of the launch of 2014-2015 new kit. The atmosphere will be very intense for sure. On top of that, for Gerrard it will be more emotional since his cousin was one of the victim. I would love him to have a chance with the PL title before his retirement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q47bOtV3-Y

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Technically, Chelsea is still in the running. Both Liverpool and Man city need to watch their back still. Man city might be a favourite to win but they have to play 2 games each week for the rest of the season. Liverpool might not be able to hold on to the lead because the pressure is too much. Who know.. anything could happen.

But I think we will win this week match. After his injuries, Aguero might not be the big factor. It is the Hillsborough anniversary this weekend so the Kop for sure will make a different with 12th players and all. A few hours ago Robbie Fowler just said something along that line during the live broadcast of the launch of 2014-2015 new kit. The atmosphere will be very intense for sure. On top of that, for Gerrard it will be more emotional since his cousin was one of the victim. I would love him to have a chance with the PL title before his retirement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q47bOtV3-Y

Yes, I heard about Hillsborough a few days ago (it happened some years before I was born) when I was wondering why on flashscore all the PL matches start 7 minutes later. Horrible incident.

City has lots of matches until the end of the season, but they look like they can't mess up with small teams, so the match against Liverpool can decide the title. Chelsea and Liverpool will also play against each other, another important match. If they draw, it will be difficult for any of them to catch City. For Chelsea the title isn't a must this year, but I'm sure they'll do their best.

I can't believe we are the only ones who like football here.:laugh: Maybe during the World Cup there will be more fans.

This is a video I love a lot :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f82lmOZ_Zcg

BusyMom

Medalist
I can't believe we are the only ones who like football here.:laugh: Maybe during the World Cup there will be more fans.

I doubt that will happen. A few more might join in but not much. Football is a bit too hardcore and no artistry in sight. :laugh:

Anyway, drawing results: R. Madrid/Bayern, At. Madrid/ Chelsea. At least Chelsea has an advantage to score away goals. But At. Madrid is a bit wildcard at the moment. It can go either way for Chelsea. I wanted to kill Figo for a bad draw. It is weird though, they only met 3 times head to head. With 1w/1d/1l, not much help for the prediction. Good luck anyway.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I'll probably be in for the World Cup. :) I watch every second year - Worlds & Euros. :) I either watch everything or nothing - so I don't bother with League matches, because I simply don't have the time. (My Grand Passion is actually reading, and so I prioritise.) During the World Cup I'll be watching pretty much every single match* probably - even though just thinking about it makes me groan! All that time! But... I just can't help it... It's become tradition, what can I say? And hey, who says there is no Artistry in The Beautiful Game?! ;)

*except the last group matches that run simultaneously.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I doubt that will happen. A few more might join in but not much. Football is a bit too hardcore and no artistry in sight. :laugh:

Anyway, drawing results: R. Madrid/Bayern, At. Madrid/ Chelsea. At least Chelsea has an advantage to score away goals. But At. Madrid is a bit wildcard at the moment. It can go either way for Chelsea. I wanted to kill Figo for a bad draw. It is weird though, they only met 3 times head to head. With 1w/1d/1l, not much help for the prediction. Good luck anyway.

After all, I'm ok with Chelsea-Atletico:) In semifinals there are no easy matches.
I hope Real will beat Bayern because I can't stand this team anymore:laugh: They were fantastic last season with Jupp, but now with Pep...:no: Boring Barcelona style. (+they bought Gotze and Lewandovski and ruined my dream team Borussia Dortmund:laugh:)

BusyMom

Medalist
During the World Cup I'll be watching pretty much every single match* probably - even though just thinking about it makes me groan! All that time! But... I just can't help it... It's become tradition, what can I say? And hey, who says there is no Artistry in The Beautiful Game?! ;)

For you guys in Europe the schedule is not so bad unlike mine. We, Asian always end up with late night and early morning live matches. I feel sorry for the European footballers who will be playing at midday though. Daytime in Brazil will be like a sauna room to them (not sure we can find any artistry when the player sweat like a ***). I sure will miss most of the last matches of the first round.

I hope Real will beat Bayern because I can't stand this team anymore:laugh: They were fantastic last season with Jupp, but now with Pep...:no: Boring Barcelona style.
Bayern always plays like a killing machine no matter who coached them. Boring mostly but very effective styles. They might beat Real by driving them to boredom. :laugh:

Since Chelsea's match with Liverpool will be sandwiched between those with At. Madrid, I hope they will be more concentrated on the CL games. :biggrin:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Silvia451 This is why we going to win today my dear: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27010072

Gosh I love to see something like this in figure skating (not just in Japan).

And yeah.. we're gonna win the league! http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-euphoric-liverpool-fc-fans-6984047
Coutinho is the man.

Congratulations for yesterday's match! At 2-2 I was a little bit worried. :laugh: After this match, I was happy for both Chelsea and Gerrard (but I can't stand Suarez:slink:)

After Chelsea's win against Swansea, there is still hope for the title. Maybe Everton will get at least 1 point from City (Lukaku?)

BusyMom

Medalist
Congratulations for yesterday's match! At 2-2 I was a little bit worried. :laugh: After this match, I was happy for both Chelsea and Gerrard (but I can't stand Suarez:slink:)

After Chelsea's win against Swansea, there is still hope for the title. Maybe Everton will get at least 1 point from City (Lukaku?)

Thanks. At this point all three teams have the same possibilities to win the league. Liverpool has the upper-hand because we have only 4 matches left with 5 points advantage. Chelsea not so bad except the hell week of CL + Liverpool. City has too many left games. Most of them the bottom of the table teams which sometimes are more tough to beat at the end of the season. They will have to play 3 games during the final week. Also from what I saw on Sunday, city already lost the drive for the trophy. Liverpool went back to old-fashioned game which scared me too much. Gerrard played safe to avoid the yellow card. I hope they are not going to hand this year trophy to Chelsea just like that.

BusyMom

Medalist
Liverpool and Juventus confirmed the Champion League qualifications for next season.

Well done The Reds & Bianconeri!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Liverpool and Juventus confirmed the Champion League qualifications for next season.

Well done The Reds & Bianconeri!

Congratulations for the title:) As a Chelsea fan, I don't know how much Liverpool deserves the title, but I can say for sure Chelsea doesn't deserve it this season. (but we still have chances for the UCL, at least to play the final)

And congratulations to Juve. I heard that they want to reach 100p :popcorn:

BusyMom

Medalist
Congratulations for the title:) As a Chelsea fan, I don't know how much Liverpool deserves the title, but I can say for sure Chelsea doesn't deserve it this season. (but we still have chances for the UCL, at least to play the final)

And congratulations to Juve. I heard that they want to reach 100p :popcorn:

Thanx Silvia. But we're not quite there yet. Next week match with Chelsea is the most important games of this season. We'll see. You might get the last laugh, who know!

We owed it to John W Henry though. At first when he bought the club back in 2010 I'm not so sure with another American. He proof to be very smart guys. His attendants at the matches are very impressive.

Good luck for CL next week.