Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I suppose... "Tomorrow is another day" as Scarlett O'Hara said... This day is pretty much a wash-out - yes, I know I'm going out on a limb here, but that's me... full of daring pronouncements.... ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
At last - Casillas managed to save something... Honestly, though, I'd never thought I'd ever say something like that?!

Alba

Record Breaker
At last - Casillas managed to save something... Honestly, though, I'd never thought I'd ever say something like that?!

Mourinho was not all wrong about him. His best times has passed, I'm afraid.
Anyway, this is just their first match. Maybe it's a good wake up call for them.

LRK

Record Breaker
Spain have totally lost any control... Honestly, at this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if Holland manages a few more goals... The way this is going it's only a matter of time, isn't it?

LRK

Record Breaker
Spain-Holland... Urk... I feel... sick.... (puts hands on stomach, looks quesy)

(Note: I'm a Spain supporter)

Well, I suppose I can now point to this and take the opportunity to say that "I had a bad feeling about this"? Nah, might have been just nerves...

Anyway, yes, I think this is a wake-up call. I don't think Spain are done, or anything. Still... this was pretty pathetic. I suppose it's true that they just aren't used to losing like this, which paralysed them. But that's just a possible explanation - not an excuse. This just shouldn't happen. But... I'm not panicking for the future... Well, not just yet, anyway. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
Yeap together with my van persie comment. We definitely jinxed them. :laugh: One bad game might not be a big deal at this stage but it is a big embarrassing. :bang:

Just blame it on Friday the 13th.

LRK

Record Breaker
1-0 to Chile... So, who do people fancy in this match?

(I'm depressed in a "why did I bother to get up this morning?"-way... but life - and football - goes on, and I'm trying to take an interest.)

ETA - And I'd barely posted this when it was 2-0... Well, well...

BusyMom

Medalist
I should root for Aussie team since they came in as a team for Asia. But it is hard when you only know single player (Kahill). They are not even look like they want to be there. :unsure:

Chile was great against England late last year. No idea why they never won anything.

Alba

Record Breaker
Aussies now are doing very well. They had the chance to draw and are pushing now.

LRK

Record Breaker
I had to leave the match for a while - I see it's 2-1, so Chile obviously haven't been having it all their way...

Alba

Record Breaker
3-1 now for Chile. I'm a bit sorry because I think Aussie deserved something more.