Page 41 of 124 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 1859

Thread: Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

  1. #601
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,432
    Love the Swiss guys for not giving up 5-2 now. Most goals for one match, seven, so far?

  2. #602
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Too Close to the Equator.
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Most goals for one match, seven, so far?
    yes so far.

  3. #603
    Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Love the Swiss guys for not giving up 5-2 now.
    Absolutely, and the Italians couldn't do the same thing with 1-0.

  4. #604
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,432
    And Schweiz scoring on their free kick is also a first

    The Costaricean coach showing his happiness was infectious LOL this team is my sentimental favorite from now on.

    I'm not crying much for some Europenan teams being out. Play the game and never underestimate your opponents

  5. #605
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,432
    Anyone knows anything about Ecouador or Honduras? Not me

    Crucial match for Schweiz i presume

  6. #606
    Ice is slippery.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    386
    Honduras is a mess lol

  7. #607
    Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    2,822
    Still crushed over Italia... how can I enjoy this World Cup without Italia joining the round 8 at least?

    Good for The Netherlands and France. I hope Germany will do more than good.

    Anyways, If this year it's the Netherlands, then my mum will be more than happy. She loves them, always.

    But I am pretty sure Fifa would love to pay back their debt to Brazil, though.

  8. #608
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,718
    Awww, Meoima! Look at it this way, this will be the end of your anxiety at least - that's how I look at it with Spain. They'll be back next Euros. And Italia is not yet out - so keep up your courage!

    If your mother is made happy that way, I certainly won't be! I would much prefer Brazil to win. It's funny that there was a time when I liked "them" much more than Germany - and now it is the opposite. Or almost. I never actually DISliked Germany - I just had no interest in them. But that other team... well, bring back Edgar Davids and we can talk!

    I came here to note 1-0 to Honduras - and it's already 1-1. Well, well....

  9. #609
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,718
    2-1 to Ecuador.

  10. #610
    Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    2,642
    Football is the best game for me on Earth, but the more I see some players the more I appreciate skaters and their hard work.

  11. #611
    Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Football is the best game for me on Earth, but the more I see some players the more I appreciate skaters and their hard work.
    Nah, football is about team work. You can't push yourself up to 100% if your team mates aren't in the mood to. With skaters, they have their on and off days, so do the football players. Easy on them. They are 11 different individuals, with different injuries to bear and different strength to display. That's why it's so hard for them to compete at even 80% of their true strength all the time.

  12. #612
    Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Nah, football is about team work. You can't push yourself up to 100% if your team mates aren't in the mood to. With skaters, they have their on and off days, so do the football players. Easy on them. They are 11 different individuals, with different injuries to bear and different strength to display. That's why it's so hard for them to compete at even 80% of their true strength all the time.
    You're right. I was thinking more in general terms.
    I know a lot of players who doesn't train enough and don't follow the regime, and are paid a lot of money.

  13. #613
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Too Close to the Equator.
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    You're right. I was thinking more in general terms.
    I know a lot of players who doesn't train enough and don't follow the regime, and are paid a lot of money.
    No you're right. Even though football is a team sport, many times a single player with exceptional talent can be a big of the factor to beat the opponents. Let's just say that even with the bad defenders the teams could win the game if they scored plenty enough to win.

    I've been stuck with WC for the last few weeks and have no idea that Milan's new manager is Pippo Inzaghi.

  14. #614
    Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    You're right. I was thinking more in general terms.
    I know a lot of players who doesn't train enough and don't follow the regime, and are paid a lot of money.
    Sigh, about players with bad attitude, you are right. damn, I still can't get over.

  15. #615
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    No you're right. Even though football is a team sport, many times a single player with exceptional talent can be a big of the factor to beat the opponents. Let's just say that even with the bad defenders the teams could win the game if they scored plenty enough to win.
    Like Ochoa

Page 41 of 124 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •