Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

Alba

Record Breaker
Buffon about #Suarez 'bite': "Referees’ decisions aren't an exuse for us; we deserved to go out."

Classy.

TMC

Record Breaker
Buffon about #Suarez 'bite': "Referees’ decisions aren't an exuse for us; we deserved to go out."

Classy.

Well, Italy seemed to be playing for a draw and didn't really deserve to go through that much more than Uruguay, to be fair. But that Suarez business goes beyond which team is better. Millions of kids, junior players etc. watching these games and they need to be shown that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. The only acceptable decision is a ban from at least the rest of this tourney. As for the ITA red, Balotelli should have got one earlier on anyway so at least they got to play 11 longer than they should have...

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, Italy seemed to be playing for a draw and didn't really deserve to go through that much more than Uruguay, to be fair. But that Suarez business goes beyond which team is better. Millions of kids, junior players etc. watching these games and they need to be shown that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. The only acceptable decision is a ban from at least the rest of this tourney..

I agree. What Buffon is referring though is about Italy's performance in general not just this one. There was also Costa Rica match.

As for the ITA red, Balotelli should have got one earlier on anyway so at least they got to play 11 longer than they should have..

I disagree. That was a stupid move but not a bad intentional tackle, and rightly had the yellow card.
In any case, Uruguay players had the licence to kill today and hardly were shown the yellow cards they deserved.
A match can change a lot because of that. Players who receives a yellow card thinks twice the second time.
Now 2 yellow cards and one direct red card for Italy, while Uruguay got 2 yellow card (1 for Muslera in the end for losing time)? Please. ;)

Anyway, it's done now. As I said, this might be a blessing in disguise for us.

LRK

Record Breaker
The title on italian Gazzetta: Dracula hits again! :laugh:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Mondi...ndiale-finito-801032367620.shtml?rlabs=1&ak=2

He said that I have to see the incident because I saw nothing, and neither did the ref.
I don't know what he's done but coaches and fans loves him for what he does on the pitch.
Suarez did made mistakes in the past but he has become an easy, preferred target, now for the press. There is a clear hostility against him and we're going to defend him because this is the foobtall World Cup, not the WC on cheap moralism. :rolleye:

Look, It's not easy in these kind of matches. These are do or die matches and for players who're very competitive, like Suarez is, I can understand to a certain point that you do what you have to do to take advantage on your opponents. Even dirty little tricks, all teams do that.
For me the responsability lies with the red. He was really poor and not the right choice for this match.

However, Suarez clearly have issues and he should receive a hard punishment. The maximum possible according to the rules.
If he will not change still, after this, than he should be banned for life. He is a great talented player but the man is sick.

Thanks. I agree that was poor. Ian Wright was visiting SVT's studio earlier today - no doubt he'd been invited to discuss England, but obviously they asked him about Suarez as well. He said that in a way he felt sorry for Suarez as apparently he has no control over his... urges, but he's done it before and now he's done it on the biggest stage, and it has to have consequences. He also mentioned how many children would be watching the WC. As far as I can recall, and he said he'd spoken about it in the press on the last occasion as well.
I wish I could find a clip of the interview, but alas, there seems to be none... and my memory is very poor.

It's the third time he's done this... (shakes head) There is no particular reason to suppose that he wouldn't again, is there?

BusyMom

Medalist
He said that in a way he felt sorry for Suarez as apparently he has no control over his... urges, but he's done it before and now he's done it on the biggest stage, and it has to have consequences. He also mentioned how many children would be watching the WC.
Many football players are just like a big brat baby. They have more money than third world countries. Most of them enter the football academy since a very young age. The big name teams should take more responsible for discipline their players not offer them moon and stars.

Alba

Record Breaker
There is no particular reason to suppose that he wouldn't again, is there?

No. I honestly don't think that he will change. I don't know his background and story but he acts like a kid with serious issues.

BusyMom

Medalist
Suarez will be banned under Uruguay games for 2 years? Really? How much John W Henry has to pay FIFA for that decision? I hope it's a hoax.

Alba

Record Breaker
Suarez will be banned under Uruguay games for 2 years? Really? How much John W Henry has to pay FIFA for that decision? I hope it's a hoax.

2 years it's the max. "Unless otherwise specified, it may not exceed twenty-four matches or twenty-four months," Article 19 of the FIFA code states, but we'll have to see now for how long he'll be banned.

For sure his WC it's finished. At least I think so.

p.s. Some self-ironic pictures from italian fans :laugh:
http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/media/Italia-Fuori-9222728e-4eb5-4051-a50b-ec324ce9f738.html

Alba

Record Breaker
LOL re: the pics of Mike Tyson! He was the first person who popped into my mind when the "biting" discussion started earlier.

Can you explain the significance of the pasta box?

Pippe it's difficult to translate, at least for me. It means pipsqueak, squirt, wanker. Basically saying you're mediocre, stupid etc.

We also use it to say "mental masturbation" (pippe mentali), when someone makes too much fuss over something (like step sequence topic. :biggrin:)

In this case though there is a kind of pasta called Pipe Rigate: http://fanzhongsheng.en.ec21.com/Pasta-Pipe--3875102.html
So they made it Pippe with sauce. Cooked. :biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker
For sure his WC it's finished. At least I think so.

I really hope you're right. But I don't have much faith in FIFA.

Mental masturbation - love that :laugh: We call it "comma shagging" - probably used to be just for people who pay way too much attention to correct grammar but now it's used for just making a fuss.

Alba

Record Breaker
I really hope you're right. But I don't have much faith in FIFA.

I think 3 matches for sure.

Mental masturbation - love that :laugh:

Yeah me too. :biggrin:

We call it "comma shagging" - probably used to be just for people who pay way too much attention to correct grammar but now it's used for just making a fuss.

:laugh: That's good. Is that in german?