Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Pippe it's difficult to translate, at least for me. It means pipsqueak, squirt, wanker. Basically saying you're mediocre, stupid etc.

We also use it to say "mental masturbation" (pippe mentali), when someone makes too much fuss over something (like step sequence topic. :biggrin:)

In this case though there is a kind of pasta called Pipe Rigate: http://fanzhongsheng.en.ec21.com/Pasta-Pipe--3875102.html
So they made it Pippe with sauce. Cooked. :biggrin:

Mille grazie! :biggrin:

US markets carry many pasta brands (including Barilla :) ) in a bewildering variety of shapes but that one doesn't look familiar. I'm a creature of habit, though, and almost always end up with penne. Sometimes fettuccine if I'm feeling wild and crazy.

mental masturbation...pippe mentali...comma shagging --- you and TMC are making me :rofl: We usually just call it "nitpicking" but those are lots more fun!

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
US markets carry many pasta brands (including Barilla :) ) in a bewildering variety of shapes but that one doesn't look familiar. I'm a creature of habit, though, and almost always end up with penne. Sometimes fettuccine if I'm feeling wild and crazy.

Oh I like all kind of pasta but the ones I love most are: Penne, Fusilli, Strozzapreti (which means priestchokers :biggrin:) and Linguine.

mental masturbation...pippe mentali...comma shagging --- you and TMC are making me :rofl: We usually just call it "nitpicking" but those are lots more fun!

Yes, nitpicking sounds polite. Too much :biggrin:

These are really funny: http://www.theguardian.com/football...on-holyfield-big-macs-and-hungry-caterpillars

OMG.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Nah, my hope is to the Netherlands or the German team now. My mum loves them. So if either they win this WC, mum will be very happy.:)
My dad, when he was alive, loved the France so if they win, he will be happy up there, too.;)
My uncle loves Brazil, though.
Family contradictions!

Alba

Record Breaker
Nah, my hope is to the Netherlands or the German team now. My mum loves them. So if either they win this WC, mum will be very happy.:)
My dad, when he was alive, loved the France so if they win, he will be happy up there, too.;)
My uncle loves Brazil, though.
Family contradictions!

:laugh: So many teams.

I would like Netherlands too. My brother is a fan of their team, because he loved Cruijff. I would be happy with Argentina as well.
They are not playing very well tbh but they have such a good players. Maybe they will improve a lot from now on.
Brasil it's ok I suppose. They are in their own country and it's a good story but I do not like their team. Overhyped and not a "beautiful football" at all, as the media likes to sell it.

TMC

Record Breaker
This is partly why I love the World Cup so much. People from all over the world can and will support any team from any country, politics notwithstanding, and it can change between Cups and within families.... Like my mum too is a Holland fan, my husband loves Brazil, our friends are huge Azzurri fans who even buy the team kit every time - I'm for Mexico this time but usually for England, and my sentimental favourite is Cameroon. And even if Finland ever got to play (will never happen) I would still root for some other team at least equally.

borzaya

Final Flight
Suarez agaaain!...:rolleye: What on earth he thinks about? That's a pity if he won't play any more at this championship... I still like this player (nevertheless), but I agree, that's over the top. :disapp: I can yet understand when he was biting in the national championships (yes, it is bad, too, but sometimes it seemed funny, anyway, he didn't do any serious harm) - but at the WC, when he risks to let down his team at the crucial moment... So many people waited and hoped that he would be able to overcome his injury and play, so many efforts were put to cure his injury - and now he is sure out, due to his own stupidity... :scowl:

borzaya

Final Flight
Yaicks! Er... I'll leave the other cases alone - but I will protest the videomaker's inclusion of the pine marten. It was obviously attacked and struck back!

Pine marten is cute! :agree: I can't watch the link now, but I remember the video with the pine marten, I even saved it on my computer, that was funny!

BusyMom

Medalist
Pine marten is cute! :agree: I can't watch the link now, but I remember the video with the pine marten, I even saved it on my computer, that was funny!
It happened in Swiss league. At the end GK who obviously equipped with the safest tools picking it up successfully. :laugh: Not sure why they didn't let him take care of it in the first place.

TMC

Record Breaker
The way Neymar and Muller are doing, Messi needs to score about a 100 times for me to get my 10 points for predicting the golden boot recipient. GO MESSI!