Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
OMG! That's true isn't it?! Something is wrong with us. :laugh:

@Meoima: That's a great idea and I love your formation. :agree:
It deserves a topic. :clap:

Whatever is wrong, it's all right with me! :yay:

Meomima, go for it -- start the thread!

LRK

Record Breaker
Yay, for Colombia! They said that they've never made it this far before - and they wholly deserve it. :)

TMC

Record Breaker
:agree: Since the Escobar's tragedy, I always have a soft spot for Colombia. http://online.wsj.com/articles/world-cup-colombia-20-years-after-escobar-1403896898

Me too. I remember that time very vividly: I was 17 and touring around the country that summer with my brother, just going from one festival to another. I watched that match alone at a campsite common room. Just after that own goal, my brother walked in and I said to him: "this guy will be dead within a fortnight". I just had a horrible gut feeling so when the news came I was not surprised. Very sad :(

BusyMom

Medalist
Me too. I remember that time very vividly: I was 17 and touring around the country that summer with my brother, just going from one festival to another. I watched that match alone at a campsite common room. Just after that own goal, my brother walked in and I said to him: "this guy will be dead within a fortnight". I just had a horrible gut feeling so when the news came I was not surprised. Very sad :(
OMG my dad said the same thing. :cry: I had a feeling that he knew what his future hold too.

Thank god James' uncle is Cartel's boss(in jail at the moment). I hope he won't face anything like that on his bad day.

LRK

Record Breaker
Re: Suarez, LOL!!! :clap:

The nursery school thing occurred to me b/c kids do tend to bite sometimes. Some US pre-Ks and kindergartens give grades for "works and plays well with others." Suarez wouldn't do so well in that area...

Yes, the examples about biting often were about children - Ian Wright for instance mentioned his two year old daughter and that "when she does things like this she has to be punished." And one of the analysts in SVT WC studio mentioned that once, he'd got a call from his daughter's kindergarten to come and fetch her because "she was biting. Of course," he added, "she was three years old at the time... "

Alba

Record Breaker
The nursery school thing occurred to me b/c kids do tend to bite sometimes. Some US pre-Ks and kindergartens give grades for "works and plays well with others." Suarez wouldn't do so well in that area...

Hummm actually when I was 6 years old a girl did that to me. :slink:
We were fighting and I was taller, so I had put her head in between my legs to block her, and she bit me. :laugh:

Probably a few French ones, too...:biggrin:

Absolutely. I love french movies. :yes:

Thank god James' uncle is Cartel's boss(in jail at the moment). I hope he won't face anything like that on his bad day.

OMG I had no idea about that. :eek:

BusyMom

Medalist
Hummm actually when I was 6 years old a girl did that to me. :slink:
We were fighting and I was taller, so I had put her head in between my legs to block her, and she bit me. :laugh:
:laugh: Good tactic for a short girl. What did you do in return? :think:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Poll: How would you describe soccer in America?
Sport of the future: 167(14%)
Niche novelty: 137(12%)
4-year phenomenon: 134(11%)
Painfully boring: 691(61%) :disapp:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/polls/2014/jun/27/soccer-america/
Good to know, American people could just stick to their handball and don't care about football as much the rest of the world. The football fans community is too crowded already. We have 3 billions people watching world cup, less of the America doesn't make us suffer.